Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Team Competition › Original Folding Teams › Team Rough Riders (No members needed)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Team Rough Riders (No members needed) - Page 338

post #3371 of 4079
Hey guys, sorry for the silly question but f@h noob here.

If you can use a GTX260 216 I would like to apply for the open position lol.

Thanks in advance either way.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R EVGA GTX680 4Gb FTW 6Gb Corsair XMS3 Classic 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2 x Kingston 120Gb SSD RAID (Boot) 4 x 1Tb Samsung Spinpoints Corsair H80i Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" LED QPad MK85 (Cherry Red) Corsair TX850 Fractal Design R3 
MouseMouse Pad
Zowie EC1 eVo Zowie Swift 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R EVGA GTX680 4Gb FTW 6Gb Corsair XMS3 Classic 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2 x Kingston 120Gb SSD RAID (Boot) 4 x 1Tb Samsung Spinpoints Corsair H80i Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" LED QPad MK85 (Cherry Red) Corsair TX850 Fractal Design R3 
MouseMouse Pad
Zowie EC1 eVo Zowie Swift 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3372 of 4079
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPenguin View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the silly question but f@h noob here.

If you can use a GTX260 216 I would like to apply for the open position lol.

Thanks in advance either way.
yes you can, PM mike about joining!

Also maximus why dont you linux smp fold if your at 4 GHz we could give the number 1 team a run possibly...

And ahh well ill miss ya space! thanks for staying till the end of the month!

On my note, my OC was stable before i left im testing it again idk how much time i might have lost but when i came home it was waiting at the sign in screen which i find odd it was folding when i left so ya??
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 [4.33 Ghz] EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTS 450 [SLI] 6 GB DDR 3 OCZ 1600 [1T-7-8-7-18 @ 1474] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 [120 GB] + 4x WD Green 2 TB [Raid1] Samsung BD-R [12x] Microsoft Windows 7 Pro [x64] [3] Samsung SyncMaster 2233sw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-rocks Corsair HX650 [650W] Lian Li PC K62 Logi 
Mouse Pad
Metallica 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 [4.33 Ghz] EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTS 450 [SLI] 6 GB DDR 3 OCZ 1600 [1T-7-8-7-18 @ 1474] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 [120 GB] + 4x WD Green 2 TB [Raid1] Samsung BD-R [12x] Microsoft Windows 7 Pro [x64] [3] Samsung SyncMaster 2233sw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-rocks Corsair HX650 [650W] Lian Li PC K62 Logi 
Mouse Pad
Metallica 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3373 of 4079
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPenguin View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the silly question but f@h noob here.

If you can use a GTX260 216 I would like to apply for the open position lol.

Thanks in advance either way.
We sure can use a GTX260. As long as you are committed to making the cap every day you are welcome to join. However, the position isn't open yet. It will be open at the beginning of June. I just wanted to have a replacement ready so that we can have a smooth transition. If you were to take over for spaceballs right now, we would loose all of his production for the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdla4ever View Post
yes you can, PM mike about joining!

Also maximus why dont you linux smp fold if your at 4 GHz we could give the number 1 team a run possibly...

And ahh well ill miss ya space! thanks for staying till the end of the month!

On my note, my OC was stable before i left im testing it again idk how much time i might have lost but when i came home it was waiting at the sign in screen which i find odd it was folding when i left so ya??
That's not good, but it's part of the game. It takes a while to get the rig running just how you want it. Folding is a lot harder than some might think. Well, trying to get the most ppd possible is the hard part. I'm constantly trying to tweak my gpu for more ppd. I can't let the other guys with 260's produce more than me.
Daily
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x Asus X99A II Asus GTX 1060 Dual Team Vulcan (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 evo LG Bluray  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W OCN Ducky  Seasonic X750 Corsair Carbide 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Glorious  Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Daily
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x Asus X99A II Asus GTX 1060 Dual Team Vulcan (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 evo LG Bluray  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W OCN Ducky  Seasonic X750 Corsair Carbide 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Glorious  Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3374 of 4079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm View Post
We sure can use a GTX260. As long as you are committed to making the cap every day you are welcome to join. However, the position isn't open yet. It will be open at the beginning of June. I just wanted to have a replacement ready so that we can have a smooth transition. If you were to take over for spaceballs right now, we would loose all of his production for the month.



That's not good, but it's part of the game. It takes a while to get the rig running just how you want it. Folding is a lot harder than some might think. Well, trying to get the most ppd possible is the hard part. I'm constantly trying to tweak my gpu for more ppd. I can't let the other guys with 260's produce more than me.
well i should be hot on your trail now in the GPU comp with my new OC

That seems to be the highest shader i could ge stable, but my core and RAM i think i can push more i didn't continue to push those once i hit a artifact on my shaders...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 [4.33 Ghz] EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTS 450 [SLI] 6 GB DDR 3 OCZ 1600 [1T-7-8-7-18 @ 1474] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 [120 GB] + 4x WD Green 2 TB [Raid1] Samsung BD-R [12x] Microsoft Windows 7 Pro [x64] [3] Samsung SyncMaster 2233sw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-rocks Corsair HX650 [650W] Lian Li PC K62 Logi 
Mouse Pad
Metallica 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 [4.33 Ghz] EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTS 450 [SLI] 6 GB DDR 3 OCZ 1600 [1T-7-8-7-18 @ 1474] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 [120 GB] + 4x WD Green 2 TB [Raid1] Samsung BD-R [12x] Microsoft Windows 7 Pro [x64] [3] Samsung SyncMaster 2233sw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-rocks Corsair HX650 [650W] Lian Li PC K62 Logi 
Mouse Pad
Metallica 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3375 of 4079
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdla4ever View Post
well i should be hot on your trail now in the GPU comp with my new OC

That seems to be the highest shader i could ge stable, but my core and RAM i think i can push more i didn't continue to push those once i hit a artifact on my shaders...
Well, you can't push your core anymore unless you push your shaders. I tried to raise my memory clocks a little today, but my card didn't like it very much.
Daily
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x Asus X99A II Asus GTX 1060 Dual Team Vulcan (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 evo LG Bluray  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W OCN Ducky  Seasonic X750 Corsair Carbide 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Glorious  Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Daily
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x Asus X99A II Asus GTX 1060 Dual Team Vulcan (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 evo LG Bluray  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W OCN Ducky  Seasonic X750 Corsair Carbide 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Glorious  Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3376 of 4079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm View Post
Well, you can't push your core anymore unless you push your shaders. I tried to raise my memory clocks a little today, but my card didn't like it very much.
just notced that! why cant i move my core more?? im trying a new OC at 727/1512/1230 .....

also who do i message to add my GPU team to my Folding teams info
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 [4.33 Ghz] EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTS 450 [SLI] 6 GB DDR 3 OCZ 1600 [1T-7-8-7-18 @ 1474] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 [120 GB] + 4x WD Green 2 TB [Raid1] Samsung BD-R [12x] Microsoft Windows 7 Pro [x64] [3] Samsung SyncMaster 2233sw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-rocks Corsair HX650 [650W] Lian Li PC K62 Logi 
Mouse Pad
Metallica 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 [4.33 Ghz] EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTS 450 [SLI] 6 GB DDR 3 OCZ 1600 [1T-7-8-7-18 @ 1474] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 [120 GB] + 4x WD Green 2 TB [Raid1] Samsung BD-R [12x] Microsoft Windows 7 Pro [x64] [3] Samsung SyncMaster 2233sw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-rocks Corsair HX650 [650W] Lian Li PC K62 Logi 
Mouse Pad
Metallica 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3377 of 4079
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdla4ever View Post
also who do i message to add my GPU team to my Folding teams info
Have you gpu team's leader pm chipp.
post #3378 of 4079
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdla4ever View Post
just notced that! why cant i move my core more?? im trying a new OC at 727/1512/1230 .....

also who do i message to add my GPU team to my Folding teams info
If you mean that you can't move the core anymore with the shader at 1476, it's because the core and shader cannot exceed 2:1 ratio (shader/clock). So the core can never be more than half of the shader clock. It won't allow you to raise the slider any more until you raise the shader.
Daily
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x Asus X99A II Asus GTX 1060 Dual Team Vulcan (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 evo LG Bluray  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W OCN Ducky  Seasonic X750 Corsair Carbide 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Glorious  Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Daily
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x Asus X99A II Asus GTX 1060 Dual Team Vulcan (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 evo LG Bluray  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W OCN Ducky  Seasonic X750 Corsair Carbide 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Glorious  Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3379 of 4079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm View Post
If you mean that you can't move the core anymore with the shader at 1476, it's because the core and shader cannot exceed 2:1 ratio (shader/clock). So the core can never be more than half of the shader clock. It won't allow you to raise the slider any more until you raise the shader.
well that very interesting! 12 minutes stable at 759/1519/1230.

Lately i have been in a very OC like mood, im dying to take time off and see how high i can hit with my memory at 5-5-5-15. But no more downtime for me for this month!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 [4.33 Ghz] EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTS 450 [SLI] 6 GB DDR 3 OCZ 1600 [1T-7-8-7-18 @ 1474] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 [120 GB] + 4x WD Green 2 TB [Raid1] Samsung BD-R [12x] Microsoft Windows 7 Pro [x64] [3] Samsung SyncMaster 2233sw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-rocks Corsair HX650 [650W] Lian Li PC K62 Logi 
Mouse Pad
Metallica 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 930 [4.33 Ghz] EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTS 450 [SLI] 6 GB DDR 3 OCZ 1600 [1T-7-8-7-18 @ 1474] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 [120 GB] + 4x WD Green 2 TB [Raid1] Samsung BD-R [12x] Microsoft Windows 7 Pro [x64] [3] Samsung SyncMaster 2233sw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
I-rocks Corsair HX650 [650W] Lian Li PC K62 Logi 
Mouse Pad
Metallica 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3380 of 4079
Still looking for a member? PM me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Original Folding Teams
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Team Competition › Original Folding Teams › Team Rough Riders (No members needed)