Lavalys has finally finished up a new major version of its increasingly popular system information and benchmarking tool, Everest. Available in both Ultimate and Corporate form, Everest 4.50 comes with the following additions:
- CPU and FPU benchmarks to support 3-core and 6-core processors.
- Disk Benchmark can now do disk write tests under Windows Vista.
- Revamped System Stability Test module that will be able to stress and provide insight about your systemâ€™s CPU and memory like never before.
- Support for the Intel Skulltrail platform
- Support for Intel 5400, Cantiga and G35 chipsets
- Support for AMD 740G/780G chipsets
- Support for nVIDIA nForce 750i/780i/790i chipsets.
- Support for SiS 672 chipset
- Support for ATI Radeon HD 34xx/36xx and Radeon HD 3870 X2 family of graphics processors.
- Support for nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS, GeForce 8800 GTS 512, GeForce 9300M G, GeForce 9500M GS and GeForce 9800 GX2 family of graphics processors.
- Support for Enhanced Performance Profiles 2.0.
- Support for Microsoft Windows PE v2.
- Support for PCI Express 2.0 controllers and devices.
- Temperature readout for FB-DIMM memory modules.
- ATA auto-detect and SMART information for USB and FireWire hard disk drives behind Cypress, JMicron and Oxford bridge chips.
Major Bug Fixes
- Crash during ACPI tables enumeration
- SQL database communication and timeout issues (applies to CE only!)
- Disk Benchmark: disk write tests under Windows Vista
- Lockup on DFI LANParty and Infinity motherboards, and MSI MegaBook notebooks
- Removing Auto Start Registry entries under 64-bit Windows
- Support for PCI Express 2.0 controllers and devices
- SPD information for DDR3 memory modules with bad SPD CRC