Dam I got logged out and I had typed up a big long response
Here we go again-
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
1. I am not sure why everyone is hating on the Patriot Ram. Based on my personal guesstimate it is the exact same ram as the Tracers/etc. you guys are listing. Refer to this thread : http://www.overclock.net/intel-memor...-ic-chips.html
Furthermore, because this is a guesstimate I am leaning toward Corsair Dominator PC-8500 or OCZ Reaper HPC PC-8500. Because they are basically the same ram I am wondering which cools better.
Also, will I see a performance boost with 8 GB of memory versus 4 GB or should I just wait and add it later on down the road?
2. Thanks for the suggestion on the PSU. I have heard great things about Corsair PSUs so I am hesitant to switch it. The only difference is that the Corsair has a 20+4 pin connector and the PC has a 24 pin connector. They both have PFC. I am not sure of the Hold-Up Time for the Corsair so that information would ultimately sway my opinion. Otherwise, keep the suggestions coming!
3. I am running two Samsung SynMasters (19 inchers). I dont plan on upgrading and I will be using only one for gaming (the other will be unplugged).
4. For the sound card I will be using the integrated audio and then my Philips sound card to see if I can tell the difference. I will also be testing with a Turtle Beach "Santa Cruz" (something like that I forget what it is exactly called). In the end though, I will most likely NOT be purchasing a new sound card. Thanks for the suggestions though (I didn't realize I had 2 sound cards available (even the one in my own system
5. HDD has been changed to the 750 Gb version for 7$ more
6. As for the case, I am currently keeping the Antec 900 up there, but I am 50-50 between the Antec 900 and the NZXT Tempest. The CM690 is also creeping up in my choice list
. All very similar and good cases Im afraid. Ill keep everyone posted
1. Will I notice a performance difference (in gaming) with 8GB of ram versus 4GB of ram?
2. Out of these two rams which has a better cooling option, OCZ Reaper HPC PC-8500 or Corsair Dominator PC-8500?
3. What is the Hold-Time of the Corsair PSU?
4. Can anyone find me better prices for the listed items (because I sure cant)
Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep them coming!