Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › [Official] OCN Camera Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] OCN Camera Thread - Page 1889

post #18881 of 29551
Hey, since you guys are so helpful in my thread I'd thought I'd ask here. rolleyes.gif

For the Sigma 30mm 1.4

If I get new and it is miscalibrated I can just send in my 60D + Sigma 30 to Sigma. They look at the camera, look at the lens, tweak and adjustment things and then ship it back to me at the cost of just shipping.

If I buy used, will I have to pay them to calibrate it correctly since I am no the original owner? Or is the warranty transferable?
post #18882 of 29551
Chances are if it's used and miscalibrated, it would have been fixed already.
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #18883 of 29551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane1244 View Post

Chances are if it's used and miscalibrated, it would have been fixed already.

...doesn't help. Just saying what if. wth.gif
post #18884 of 29551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

...doesn't help. Just saying what if. wth.gif


How does that not help you? The reason people buy used in Canon mount on the aformentioned lens is because typically the first owner has taken care of any calibration issues, if any. If you're that worried about buying used, buy it new. This indecisive "do my research for me" attitude on OCN in general is getting to be real annoying.
post #18885 of 29551
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

...doesn't help. Just saying what if. wth.gif

How does that not help you? The reason people buy used in Canon mount on the aformentioned lens is because typically the first owner has taken care of any calibration issues, if any. If you're that worried about buying used, buy it new. This indecisive "do my research for me" attitude on OCN in general is getting to be real annoying.

Drama queen much?

No, I was just wondering about the warranty and all. I did do my research but since you guys seem to have been into photography way more than I and I haven't had much experience with companies I thought you could let me know relatively easily.

Yes I know that the previous owner most likely was to have the issues fixed, but what if I get that one guy who didn't? You know what I mean. I am not indecisive, I am just asking a question on if I am covered when I buy used or not. I tend to only buy used now since lenses are in pristine condition anyways and most people on POTN are very honest with their for sale threads.

So is the warranty coverage transferable from previous owner or not? i think it is as long as the original receipt is in my possession correct?

Because I know that some companies do not have transferable warranties for graphics cards and such.

Happy that I explained myself now? Can I get a helpful answer? I am currently doing a lot of school work so I can't Google for it.
post #18886 of 29551
http://warrantystatus.sigmaphoto.com/

Third Google search result for "Sigma warranty" -- read the last section on the page, the warranty is not transferrable.

Double edit: Nevermind.
Edited by sub50hz - 1/22/12 at 5:36pm
post #18887 of 29551
buy local with a good return policy if you are worried
Dell XPS15
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM XPS L502 Geforce GT525M 1GB 6gb 
Hard DriveOS
640GB 7200RPM Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell XPS15
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM XPS L502 Geforce GT525M 1GB 6gb 
Hard DriveOS
640GB 7200RPM Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18888 of 29551
Samyang 85 is so good and so tiiinnyyy. my friend thought it was gonna be a 24mm or something when he first saw it. Also, 175 bucks.
post #18889 of 29551
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post

http://warrantystatus.sigmaphoto.com/

Third Google search result for "Sigma warranty" -- read the last section on the page, the warranty is not transferrable.

Double edit: Nevermind.

Thanks Subz thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz-n10 View Post

buy local with a good return policy if you are worried
Nowhere to buy local, at least to my knowledge I live in a stupid area. mad.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudemanppl View Post

Samyang 85 is so good and so tiiinnyyy. my friend thought it was gonna be a 24mm or something when he first saw it. Also, 175 bucks.

Yea,i know I saw that the other day i may get one of those too lol, only 175 you say...used or new?

My brain hurts I just did two weeks worth of chem HW in 5 hours. I need to sleep or something. sleepysmileyanim.gif
post #18890 of 29551
175 used, but you need a 40 dollar S screen and 40 dollar DK-17M for it to be of any use.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Photography
Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › [Official] OCN Camera Thread