Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › [Official] OCN Camera Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] OCN Camera Thread - Page 2099

post #20981 of 29551
Time to up the iron. Iron maiden tonight with alice cooper and coheed opening!!!!! OMG \m/ 0_0 \m/
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20982 of 29551
I was thinking about downgrading my 60D to something smaller. I don't use it very often, and I want to buy a new bike.

I was thinking about going Nikon as they seem to have better budget lenses. What would be a good downgrade path? I need to have $500 to buy a used 2010 Specialized P2.
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #20983 of 29551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane1244 View Post

I was thinking about downgrading my 60D to something smaller. I don't use it very often, and I want to buy a new bike.
I was thinking about going Nikon as they seem to have better budget lenses. What would be a good downgrade path? I need to have $500 to buy a used 2010 Specialized P2.

Depends on how much you want to lose/gain in image quality, I suppose. A D5100 would probably be the most acceptable "downgrade" from a 60D, although a D3100 will certainly be cheaper. Beyond that pair, I'm not sure I could recommend anything else, as both the D5000 and D3000 are major step-downs. Remember that you'll also need an AF-S lens with those bodies, as they have no screw-drive to operate older AF and AF-D lenses.
post #20984 of 29551
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post

Depends on how much you want to lose/gain in image quality, I suppose. A D5100 would probably be the most acceptable "downgrade" from a 60D, although a D3100 will certainly be cheaper. Beyond that pair, I'm not sure I could recommend anything else, as both the D5000 and D3000 are major step-downs. Remember that you'll also need an AF-S lens with those bodies, as they have no screw-drive to operate older AF and AF-D lenses.

Thats what I was thinking too. First lens I'd be buying would be the 35 f/1.8, I used to have it, and I loved it.

How much do you think my Like new Canon 60D, 50 1/4 would go for separately
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #20985 of 29551
Why not drop to a 50D or 40D and stick with Canon? If you really don't care, I'd say get D5100 and 35 f/1.8 or D90 and 35 f/1.8.
post #20986 of 29551
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboitenoire View Post

Why not drop to a 50D or 40D and stick with Canon? If you really don't care, I'd say get D5100 and 35 f/1.8 or D90 and 35 f/1.8.

I was thinking that, but I don't really like my 50 1.4, so I've got no reason to stick with Canon.
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #20987 of 29551
Fair enough, then thumb.gif
post #20988 of 29551
40/50d are bigger bodies than a 60d.
Dell XPS15
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM XPS L502 Geforce GT525M 1GB 6gb 
Hard DriveOS
640GB 7200RPM Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell XPS15
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM XPS L502 Geforce GT525M 1GB 6gb 
Hard DriveOS
640GB 7200RPM Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20989 of 29551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane1244 View Post

Thats what I was thinking too. First lens I'd be buying would be the 35 f/1.8, I used to have it, and I loved it.

That 35 is special, and every Nikon DX owner should have one.
Quote:
How much do you think my Like new Canon 60D, 50 1/4 would go for separately

I would suggest checking POTN for a reasonably accurate number for both of those. The 60D has come WAY down in price recently, so you may not be too happy with the hit you'll likely take on it, but the 50/1.4 is still in high demand and holds its value pretty well.
post #20990 of 29551
I would charge people a cheaper rate here to get them developed at my school but they'd probably kick me out or something, lol.
Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Photography
Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › [Official] OCN Camera Thread