Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › [Official] OCN Camera Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] OCN Camera Thread - Page 477

post #4761 of 29551
Panasonic also has tons of colors. Actually, Nikon, Olympus, and Sigma are the only DSLR brands that only offer the bodies in one color, it would seem.
post #4762 of 29551
Thread Starter 
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0909/09...amyung14mm.asp

A 14mm f/2.8 prime lens with 14 elements (including 2 ED and 2 aspherical) for under $400, looks appealing! Coming out in November for Canon, Sony and Nikon mounts. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up to the Canon 14mm f/2.8L ($1900.00 for the mkII).

Don't know much about Samyang other than they're a Korean company who made some lenses for Vivitar.
Brick Sh*thouse
(26 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2520M Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Intel i5 Motherboard 04W2109 Intel HD3000 Crucial 4x2 GB DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB SSD Nope Itty-Bitty Fans and Heatsinks Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 12.5" 1366x768 IPS Lenovo Keyboard Lenovo 90W AC Adapter Lenovo X Series ThinkPad Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Desk Conexant 1 Watt Stereo Speakers Lenovo TrackPoint 
Other
Lenovo TouchPad 
  hide details  
Reply
Brick Sh*thouse
(26 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2520M Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Intel i5 Motherboard 04W2109 Intel HD3000 Crucial 4x2 GB DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB SSD Nope Itty-Bitty Fans and Heatsinks Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 12.5" 1366x768 IPS Lenovo Keyboard Lenovo 90W AC Adapter Lenovo X Series ThinkPad Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Desk Conexant 1 Watt Stereo Speakers Lenovo TrackPoint 
Other
Lenovo TouchPad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4763 of 29551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow View Post
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0909/09...amyung14mm.asp

A 14mm f/2.8 prime lens with 14 elements (including 2 ED and 2 aspherical) for under $400, looks appealing! Coming out in November for Canon, Sony and Nikon mounts. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up to the Canon 14mm f/2.8L ($1900.00 for the mkII).

Don't know much about Samyang other than they're a Korean company who made some lenses for Vivitar.
I think I'll keep an eye on that one, cheers.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H  2GB Asus 270X DirectCU II 16GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Crucial BX100, 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + ~... Corsair H80 Windows 10 Hazro HZ27WA 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Corsair CX750M Aerocool DS Cube Microsoft Sidewinder 
Audio
Cambridge Audio DACMagic. 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H  2GB Asus 270X DirectCU II 16GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Crucial BX100, 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + ~... Corsair H80 Windows 10 Hazro HZ27WA 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Corsair CX750M Aerocool DS Cube Microsoft Sidewinder 
Audio
Cambridge Audio DACMagic. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4764 of 29551
Do want... reviews/test images!
post #4765 of 29551
GT, Sold my 5D MK II last night so I'm Canonless for a short time.

Been doing some extensive druling regarding shots taken with the 800 f/5.6. It is really a spectacular piece of glass. Some of the small bird pics I've seen posted on fredmiranda are just as sharp as the Nikon primes. Absoluteltly stunning. As a matter of fact, both companies make awesome superteles.

So I'm currently dickering with a guy (store) in NYC. I found out the exact dealer cost on the lens, (my wife's cousin works for Canon), and I told the NYC e-tailer I'd pay him 9% above his cost, take it or leave it.

I'm sure he's running it by the powers that be to get the green light. But if he doesn't want a quick ~$850, I'm sure I can find someone who will take me up on the offer. I've got until next spring's migration anyway. Although I'd love to have it here to fondle and stare at now .

Still up in the air 'bout the body, but I'm thinking if I had to make a decision today, it would prolly be a 50D.

Anyway zap the Canon from my list for now. I'll be adding to it soon (I hope).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 4.0ghz @1.18v Asus Rampage II Extreme 1504 bios 2X EVGA GTX 295 Corsair Dominator DHX 3x2gb 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 150g raptor, WD 750 AAKS x1 plus three others XP Home Sp2/Vista64 Prem/Windows 7β Samsung Syncmaster 244T Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Olympia 1 kW Thermaltake Armour Razer Lachesis Razer Mantis gaming surface 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 4.0ghz @1.18v Asus Rampage II Extreme 1504 bios 2X EVGA GTX 295 Corsair Dominator DHX 3x2gb 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 150g raptor, WD 750 AAKS x1 plus three others XP Home Sp2/Vista64 Prem/Windows 7β Samsung Syncmaster 244T Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Olympia 1 kW Thermaltake Armour Razer Lachesis Razer Mantis gaming surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4766 of 29551
Just got back from my college's football game. Some of the photographers were definitely shooting Nikon, but the guy with the best setup was the Contra-bassoon player from my concert band. He was shooting one of the BIG Canon primes on what looked like a 5D and then he had a smaller lens on a smaller body (couldn't tell what type).
post #4767 of 29551
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearjock View Post
GT, Sold my 5D MK II last night so I'm Canonless for a short time.

Been doing some extensive druling regarding shots taken with the 800 f/5.6. It is really a spectacular piece of glass. Some of the small bird pics I've seen posted on fredmiranda are just as sharp as the Nikon primes. Absoluteltly stunning. As a matter of fact, both companies make awesome superteles.

So I'm currently dickering with a guy (store) in NYC. I found out the exact dealer cost on the lens, (my wife's cousin works for Canon), and I told the NYC e-tailer I'd pay him 9% above his cost, take it or leave it.

I'm sure he's running it by the powers that be to get the green light. But if he doesn't want a quick ~$850, I'm sure I can find someone who will take me up on the offer. I've got until next spring's migration anyway. Although I'd love to have it here to fondle and stare at now .

Still up in the air 'bout the body, but I'm thinking if I had to make a decision today, it would prolly be a 50D.

Anyway zap the Canon from my list for now. I'll be adding to it soon (I hope).
Nice, you'll have a little boost from the crop factor as well, making for a seriously long lens. Why again didn't you like the 5d mkII? If you're thinking about the 50D, you might consider the 7D as well, quite the beefed up AF and metering system on it.
Brick Sh*thouse
(26 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2520M Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Intel i5 Motherboard 04W2109 Intel HD3000 Crucial 4x2 GB DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB SSD Nope Itty-Bitty Fans and Heatsinks Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 12.5" 1366x768 IPS Lenovo Keyboard Lenovo 90W AC Adapter Lenovo X Series ThinkPad Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Desk Conexant 1 Watt Stereo Speakers Lenovo TrackPoint 
Other
Lenovo TouchPad 
  hide details  
Reply
Brick Sh*thouse
(26 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2520M Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Intel i5 Motherboard 04W2109 Intel HD3000 Crucial 4x2 GB DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB SSD Nope Itty-Bitty Fans and Heatsinks Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 12.5" 1366x768 IPS Lenovo Keyboard Lenovo 90W AC Adapter Lenovo X Series ThinkPad Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Desk Conexant 1 Watt Stereo Speakers Lenovo TrackPoint 
Other
Lenovo TouchPad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4768 of 29551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow View Post
Nice, you'll have a little boost from the crop factor as well, making for a seriously long lens. Why again didn't you like the 5d mkII? If you're thinking about the 50D, you might consider the 7D as well, quite the beefed up AF and metering system on it.
Didn't like control placement, and AF was WAY too SLOW for sports and little birds. Fine for scenery though. I can't say enough how pleasantly surprised I was at the IQ of the 800 f5/6 pics. Stunning. As for the 7D, I'm still reading...

Anyway, I WANT the 200 f/1.8!! I just think it's soooo cool. Finding one will be the challenge.
Do you know if they're still in production??

Thanks GT.
Edited by nuclearjock - 9/19/09 at 8:14pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 4.0ghz @1.18v Asus Rampage II Extreme 1504 bios 2X EVGA GTX 295 Corsair Dominator DHX 3x2gb 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 150g raptor, WD 750 AAKS x1 plus three others XP Home Sp2/Vista64 Prem/Windows 7β Samsung Syncmaster 244T Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Olympia 1 kW Thermaltake Armour Razer Lachesis Razer Mantis gaming surface 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 4.0ghz @1.18v Asus Rampage II Extreme 1504 bios 2X EVGA GTX 295 Corsair Dominator DHX 3x2gb 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 150g raptor, WD 750 AAKS x1 plus three others XP Home Sp2/Vista64 Prem/Windows 7β Samsung Syncmaster 244T Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Olympia 1 kW Thermaltake Armour Razer Lachesis Razer Mantis gaming surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4769 of 29551
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearjock View Post
Didn't like control placement, and AF was WAY too SLOW for sports and little birds. Fine for scenery though. I can't say enough how pleasantly surprised I was at the IQ of the 800 f5/6 pics. Stunning. As for the 7D, I'm still reading...

Anyway, I WANT the 200 f/1.8!! I just think it's soooo cool. Finding one will be the challenge.
Do you know if they're still in production??

Thanks GT.
It's discontinued (lord knows why). It's a legendary lens from what I've read:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ns-Review.aspx

Of course Canon still makes the f/2 IS, which replaced the f/1.8:

http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showp...ct/1174/cat/10

Good luck finding one! fredmiranda calls it "the worlds fastest 200mm lens."
Edited by GoneTomorrow - 9/19/09 at 8:37pm
Brick Sh*thouse
(26 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2520M Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Intel i5 Motherboard 04W2109 Intel HD3000 Crucial 4x2 GB DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB SSD Nope Itty-Bitty Fans and Heatsinks Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 12.5" 1366x768 IPS Lenovo Keyboard Lenovo 90W AC Adapter Lenovo X Series ThinkPad Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Desk Conexant 1 Watt Stereo Speakers Lenovo TrackPoint 
Other
Lenovo TouchPad 
  hide details  
Reply
Brick Sh*thouse
(26 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2520M Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Intel i5 Motherboard 04W2109 Intel HD3000 Crucial 4x2 GB DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB SSD Nope Itty-Bitty Fans and Heatsinks Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 12.5" 1366x768 IPS Lenovo Keyboard Lenovo 90W AC Adapter Lenovo X Series ThinkPad Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Desk Conexant 1 Watt Stereo Speakers Lenovo TrackPoint 
Other
Lenovo TouchPad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4770 of 29551
Even though the 50D has better AF, I still think you'll be disappointed by it. 7D is probably more what you're looking for, the tricky thing is getting your hands on one at launch.
Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Photography
Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › [Official] OCN Camera Thread