Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Good Power Supply Needed!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Power Supply Needed!!!

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Okay, My dads using a Ultra 600 Watt powersupply right now I don't think it can hold its own and He wants 700+ powersupply Best bang for the buck, He's not like me and doesn't overclock He doesn't want top of the line Also Hes probably not gonna want to spend over $100.00 But You never know if its a good psu.

I can find a good psu but i want to know what others think.

He's always wanted a 1200watt one but he talks a lot of smack, So i just ignore that idea He had.

Anyways What would you recommend me I need a power supply ASAP...
for him...
IF possible I'd give him mine but he wants 700+wattage.

Anyways System Specs.

Coolermaster Cm690
Intel C2Q Q6600 GO 2.4ghz
eVGA 680i SE
2x1GB GSKILL PC6400
eVGA 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked. He may be willing to sell it SOON he wants my videocard...
250GB western digital sata
soundblaster X-fi


Thats about it. I need a psu that will work for him, right now his psu only has a 4 pin and not the NEEDED 8pin like mine so that worries me. lol

Thanks and +REP for GREAT DEALS!!!!
Have a nice day X573v3X
post #2 of 21
He doesn't need 700W. A good 500W will work just fine.

My best sub-$100 pick:
CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX +12V. Single 12V rail of 41A will do just fine.

If he INSISTS on 700W+, this deal is too good to pass over:
PC Power & Cooling S75QB EPS12V 750W

He's doesn't have much of a rig power consumption wise. I dare say even the 450W version of the Corsair I mentioned will do the job. Don't expect anything below $150 that's good in the 700W+ range.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx573v3xX_Z28 View Post
Okay, My dads using a Ultra 600 Watt powersupply right now I don't think it can hold its own and He wants 700+ powersupply Best bang for the buck, He's not like me and doesn't overclock He doesn't want top of the line Also Hes probably not gonna want to spend over $100.00 But You never know if its a good psu.

I can find a good psu but i want to know what others think.

He's always wanted a 1200watt one but he talks a lot of smack, So i just ignore that idea He had.

Anyways What would you recommend me I need a power supply ASAP...
for him...
IF possible I'd give him mine but he wants 700+wattage.

Anyways System Specs.

Coolermaster Cm690
Intel C2Q Q6600 GO 2.4ghz
eVGA 680i SE
2x1GB GSKILL PC6400
eVGA 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked. He may be willing to sell it SOON he wants my videocard...
250GB western digital sata
soundblaster X-fi


Thats about it. I need a psu that will work for him, right now his psu only has a 4 pin and not the NEEDED 8pin like mine so that worries me. lol

Thanks and +REP for GREAT DEALS!!!!
Have a nice day X573v3X

If he is not going with SLI, then something like Corsair 520HX is more than enough. Quality > than wattage...

I have my q6600 at 3.6 with 2 sata HD, 1 Sata DVDRW, 8800gt, xfi, and my antec truepower 500watt is running it just fine.
intel
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 4.2ghz with HT @ 1.275V Bios EVGA 3X SLI, 132-BL-E758-A1 2x XFX HD5870 in Crossfire 6gb 3x2gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x WD 640gb AALS Raid 0 22x Samsung SATA DVD-RW Windows 7 Dell 3008wfp IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Corsair 850TX, 70A on a single 12v rail!! Corsair 800D Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
intel
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 4.2ghz with HT @ 1.275V Bios EVGA 3X SLI, 132-BL-E758-A1 2x XFX HD5870 in Crossfire 6gb 3x2gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz @ 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x WD 640gb AALS Raid 0 22x Samsung SATA DVD-RW Windows 7 Dell 3008wfp IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Corsair 850TX, 70A on a single 12v rail!! Corsair 800D Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 21
Thread Starter 
yes I know he doesn't need over 500 or even 600 but He refuses to Do so. and wants a 700 watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
He doesn't need 700W. A good 500W will work just fine.

My best sub-$100 pick:
CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX +12V. Single 12V rail of 41A will do just fine.

If he INSISTS on 700W+, this deal is too good to pass over:
PC Power & Cooling S75QB EPS12V 750W

He's doesn't have much of a rig power consumption wise. I dare say even the 450W version of the Corsair I mentioned will do the job. Don't expect anything below $150 that's good in the 700W+ range.


I'll show him the 550 watter seems great. Ummm chozart??? wheres your rep button
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazcookye View Post
If he is not going with SLI, then something like Corsair 520HX is more than enough. Quality (Amperage) > than wattage...

I have my q6600 at 3.6 with 2 sata HD, 1 Sata DVDRW, 8800gt, xfi, and my antec truepower 500watt is running it just fine.
I have my sig on a hx520w and it just chugs away. I wish its fan thing wasn't upside down though.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9000 Uh, iunno SLI 280m 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500gb Raid0 Windows 7 64bit 17" 1920x1200 Logitech MK700 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Alienware M17X body Logitech G9 Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9000 Uh, iunno SLI 280m 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500gb Raid0 Windows 7 64bit 17" 1920x1200 Logitech MK700 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Alienware M17X body Logitech G9 Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinic View Post
I have my sig on a hx520w and it just chugs away. I wish its fan thing wasn't upside down though.
Turn the PSU around....
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 21
As Chozart suggested, Corsair 550vx is fine. It is better than many 600W even 700W PSU out there. It is $65 after MIR at Buy.com now. 750TX is $115.
post #8 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
Turn the PSU around....
hey He just showed me a good deal for once let me forward the link to you.
post #9 of 21
can you do that in a 900 no problem without mo---

wow i didn't even notice that you can flop the 900's PSU around if you so desire, SWEET.

Chozart, you're my hero.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400@4.05@1.3v EP45-DS3l GTX 260 4gb OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2ssd's 2 hdd's Asus Quiettrack Hyper32 Win7 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
40in LCD TV PC Power and Cooling 750 CM 690 Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
WoWpad 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400@4.05@1.3v EP45-DS3l GTX 260 4gb OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2ssd's 2 hdd's Asus Quiettrack Hyper32 Win7 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
40in LCD TV PC Power and Cooling 750 CM 690 Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
WoWpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
Turn the PSU around....
Crazy talk, it'll never work!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9000 Uh, iunno SLI 280m 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500gb Raid0 Windows 7 64bit 17" 1920x1200 Logitech MK700 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Alienware M17X body Logitech G9 Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9000 Uh, iunno SLI 280m 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500gb Raid0 Windows 7 64bit 17" 1920x1200 Logitech MK700 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Alienware M17X body Logitech G9 Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Good Power Supply Needed!!!