For those people trying to "defend" Creative:
- Two broken Zen Micros (both just a few months after warranty period)
- One broken Zen Vision (within warranty, but horrendous support)
- One Creative Zen Micro with a dodgy headphone jack
- Difficulty finding fully working 5.1 drivers for XP and Live! series card
- Limited functionality in Vista with Audigy2 ZS compared to XP (only get 5.1 support, no working equalizers and other options)
And that is just MY experience over the past few years.
- I went through 2 zen touches
- My cousin went through 2 zen micros
- My friend went through 2 zen micros
- My other friends went through 1 of... whatever they had... One had a zen sleek, the others had some MuVos
- I went through a SB live 24-bit that crackled like a bag of popcorn
- I went through an x-fi xtrememusic that just couldn't play sound right at all
- My speakers' headphone jack needs to have the plug plugged in at exactly the right angle for it to work now (this has been a problem that gets worse and worse)
My audigy 4 is the only creative product I own that hasn't given me any problems.
I think it's pretty easy to see that creative has some hardware quality issues going on.