Overclock.net banner

Help Me Spend Money

266 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  nomad91 
#1 ·
ok here's how it goes.

i can either get another GTS (Inno3D) or i can get

another 2gigs of ram, 2 more fans a fan controler, and a mousepad.

i was thinking the card but i was wondering if you all think that the 8800's are going to go down in price even more when the other 9800 cards are released.\\

Thanks

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mechtech View Post
Skip the fan controller, spend a little extra, get the GTS, mousepad, and 2 fans.

2 gigs of ram isn't really needed 'till you move up to 64 bit OSs.
looks at sig.... 64xVISTA

oh no.

k dude thanks for the advice

#6 ·
Can you say 5$ hookers?

Okay, that was uncalled for.

But really.

Anyways, 4gigs MAKES vista. If your running Vista with less than 4gigs...just don't. Your hurting children somewhere, I know it.

If you could pull it, I'd say GTS/RAM
but I'm sure you would if you could~ For now go GTS, you will notice more performance increase than the RAM, but then FOLLOW IT UP WITH RAM. You will not be disappointed!

#8 ·
Another GTS will boost your benchmarks, graphics performance by quite much...however as other people said an extra 2GB of RAM will boost your overall PC performance too. If you play Crysis, for example, 2GB extra RAM will make a noticeable difference on your performance in gaming too. It is a tough choice indeed...maybe save a bit and get both the RAM and extra GPU.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.