Originally Posted by IcedEarth
Personally i would say wait. It is the sensible option.
but then again i am upgrading because of my mobo as well. Although i would advise getting a Gigabyte DS3L, Abit IP35 or Asus P5K if you are going quad
They are reasonally cheap and good OC'ing for quads.
No need to pay the extra for a motherboard if you are planning on going Nehalem in the future.
The more I think about it, the more sensible a nice x38 board sounds. Use DDR2 (of which I have a great set), Can take 45nm chips. The more I think of it too, DDR 3 won't get cheap enough for me to consider (2x2 gb for under $150) purchasing.
I think I might just sell my board and some other stuff, and pickup a Maximus Formula.