Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [THG] Blu-Ray Prices Continue to Climb
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[THG] Blu-Ray Prices Continue to Climb - Page 10

post #91 of 125
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioniccrackmonk View Post
Well, if you take the wealth of everyone in the bar together and divide by the number of people there, everyone is a millionaire which isn't true. That is the case I am making to Stargate but even with all the other info presented, he still believes he is correct because the information he has is what he wants to be right, regardless of how skewed the data is.
See previous post. If what you say is true regarding my beliefs then you are just the pot calling the kettle black, making you a hypocrite. You are the one using the outliers to form your basis, so you are the one at fault with regards to your accusation. And clearly you are the one trying to skew the data to your own point of view, because I could have easily said that the low-end prices were tainting the results and thus the average prices should actually be higher. But as it is, I am taking the well-distributed average, and you are taking only the ones that suit your point.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 125
Prices go down ! now ! I order you to ! oh wait, they wont, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa , lets hope the ridiculous price increases go down to more realistic increases, the ~$100 price increases are a bit much, come on people make more blu-ray players , more companies, more players, thats all is needed , hopefully ...
The Only One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS 4850 4GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x320GB + 1x 750GB + 2x1TB 2 x DVD-RW drives Windows XP Pro SP3 ACER x243W 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Saitek Eclipse Somethign Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Something 
  hide details  
Reply
The Only One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS 4850 4GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x320GB + 1x 750GB + 2x1TB 2 x DVD-RW drives Windows XP Pro SP3 ACER x243W 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Saitek Eclipse Somethign Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Something 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 125
I knew this was going to happen. I did not want HD-DVD to win the format war because I thought it was better. I wanted it to win because I did not want a greedy company like sony to have control of the format.

Continue to enjoy Sony's price gouging fellas. I imagine it will be that way until something else comes along.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 Conroe @ 3.4 ASUS P5N32-E SLI XFX 9800GTX OCZ DDR2 PC7200 2x 1GB Gold Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATAII Seagate Perpendicular 250GB NEC DL DVD+/-R Vista Ultimate 19" WS HD HDCP Gateway 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt Apevia X-Discovery ATX Mid Diamondback Razor 
Mouse Pad
Geeksquad Special... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 Conroe @ 3.4 ASUS P5N32-E SLI XFX 9800GTX OCZ DDR2 PC7200 2x 1GB Gold Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATAII Seagate Perpendicular 250GB NEC DL DVD+/-R Vista Ultimate 19" WS HD HDCP Gateway 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt Apevia X-Discovery ATX Mid Diamondback Razor 
Mouse Pad
Geeksquad Special... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #94 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalPhreak View Post
I knew this was going to happen. I did not want HD-DVD to win the format war because I thought it was better. I wanted it to win because I did not want a greedy company like sony to have control of the format.

Continue to enjoy Sony's price gouging fellas. I imagine it will be that way until something else comes along.
But but but... it's not just Sony . Their PS3 is one of the least cost Blu-Ray players. (not a stand alone yes, but still a player. )

( let me clarify , I am not defending Sony, all I am saying is lets just remember its not just them ) .
The Only One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS 4850 4GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x320GB + 1x 750GB + 2x1TB 2 x DVD-RW drives Windows XP Pro SP3 ACER x243W 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Saitek Eclipse Somethign Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Something 
  hide details  
Reply
The Only One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS 4850 4GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x320GB + 1x 750GB + 2x1TB 2 x DVD-RW drives Windows XP Pro SP3 ACER x243W 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Saitek Eclipse Somethign Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Something 
  hide details  
Reply
post #95 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
That concept may apply, but you are talking about extremes dozens of orders of magnitude greater which is clearly not the case here.
I never said anything about that specific application to this current situation. just trying to to show that with a statistic can be manipulated with how it is presented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioniccrackmonk View Post
Well, if you take the wealth of everyone in the bar together and divide by the number of people there, everyone is a millionaire which isn't true. That is the case I am making to Stargate but even with all the other info presented, he still believes he is correct because the information he has is what he wants to be right, regardless of how skewed the data is.
don't forget though that also that on average everyone can be broke also since with lets say 30 people in the bar only 1 of them has any money.

same data either way just two different ways to present it
compy jr
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
xeon 3350 at 3.6ghz Asus P5k-dlx HIS 7970 @ 1150/1900 Lots of them.  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
vista ultimate x64/xp sp3 compaq 21" junk dell keyboard corsair tx850m 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
upgraded metal box You don't need a mouse Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
compy jr
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
xeon 3350 at 3.6ghz Asus P5k-dlx HIS 7970 @ 1150/1900 Lots of them.  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
vista ultimate x64/xp sp3 compaq 21" junk dell keyboard corsair tx850m 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
upgraded metal box You don't need a mouse Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalPhreak View Post
I knew this was going to happen. I did not want HD-DVD to win the format war because I thought it was better. I wanted it to win because I did not want a greedy company like sony to have control of the format.

Continue to enjoy Sony's price gouging fellas. I imagine it will be that way until something else comes along.
Right, because MS and Toshiba are no less greedy then any other corporation in the world.

If you want to talk about greed, why does one gaming console charge you for full online access while the other one doesn't?
post #97 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalPhreak View Post
I knew this was going to happen. I did not want HD-DVD to win the format war because I thought it was better. I wanted it to win because I did not want a greedy company like sony to have control of the format.

Continue to enjoy Sony's price gouging fellas. I imagine it will be that way until something else comes along.
OK, first I'll go along and say prices have risen (which I don't think is true, the Blu-ray player I bought in January is still the same price), you actually think Sony is this "greedy" company that only looks out for itself?

1. This whole thing isn't just Sony. I have a Panasonic blu-ray player, so don't blame Sony. They are just the face of blu-ray, but they aren't the sole controlling entity in it, not by a long shot.

2. Welcome to capitalism! Companies, ALL companies who are in business for profit, actually want to make money. In fact, they want to make as much money as they can. That's why they are in business. You don't think Toshiba would do the exact same thing? What about them makes you think they are any different than any other company out there?

3. I'll say this, I don't like Sony products, AT ALL. But I'm not going to pretend that they are some evil, greedy company only out there to screw over their customers.

It's in the best interest of all the companies involved with Blu-ray to get the prices down if they want it to succeed. High prices only deter people from adopting it over DVD, so the price increase, if there really is one, would not be due to greed. They all want it to take over DVD, so they need the prices to come down.
Coffee Lake Build
(17 items)
 
Nehalem Build
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 8700k Asus ROG Maximus X Code Z370 EVGA 770 Corsair Vengeance (2 x 16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 960 Pro M.2 WD Blue 3D 1TB SSD RAID1 WD Black 6TB RAID1 NEC 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NS-D15 Corsair ML140 x 6 Windows 10 Pro Dell U3011 x 2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch Ninja Cherry Red Seasonic 650W Prime Titanium be quiet! Dark Base 900 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
ice mat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 980x (3.9 GHz) Asus P6T Deluxe V2 EVGA GTX 580 6 x 2GB Corsair Dominator (12GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB M4 SSD + 3TB RAID1 Promalitech Megahalems Windows 10 Pro Dual Dell 30" U3011's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
AmazonBasics Corsair TX950w Lian Li PC-Z70B AmazonBasics 
Mouse PadAudio
icemat HT Omega Claro 
  hide details  
Reply
Coffee Lake Build
(17 items)
 
Nehalem Build
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 8700k Asus ROG Maximus X Code Z370 EVGA 770 Corsair Vengeance (2 x 16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 960 Pro M.2 WD Blue 3D 1TB SSD RAID1 WD Black 6TB RAID1 NEC 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NS-D15 Corsair ML140 x 6 Windows 10 Pro Dell U3011 x 2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch Ninja Cherry Red Seasonic 650W Prime Titanium be quiet! Dark Base 900 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
ice mat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 980x (3.9 GHz) Asus P6T Deluxe V2 EVGA GTX 580 6 x 2GB Corsair Dominator (12GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB M4 SSD + 3TB RAID1 Promalitech Megahalems Windows 10 Pro Dual Dell 30" U3011's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
AmazonBasics Corsair TX950w Lian Li PC-Z70B AmazonBasics 
Mouse PadAudio
icemat HT Omega Claro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #98 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecow003 View Post
It's in the best interest of all the companies involved with Blu-ray to get the prices down if they want it to succeed. High prices only deter people from adopting it over DVD, so the price increase, if there really is one, would not be due to greed. They all want it to take over DVD, so they need the prices to come down.
I read this 3 times and Im just not understanding what point you are trying to make.

Sony has more than proven that, given the opportunity, they will take you for everything you've got. They are in such a position ATM.

They lie all the time about the quality and performance of their products and then they sell them for unfair prices.

I think anyone who has purchased any of their audio equipment would agree with me.

Let me just go on the record that I have moved on to better manufacturers for my audio needs. kthxbai
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 Conroe @ 3.4 ASUS P5N32-E SLI XFX 9800GTX OCZ DDR2 PC7200 2x 1GB Gold Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATAII Seagate Perpendicular 250GB NEC DL DVD+/-R Vista Ultimate 19" WS HD HDCP Gateway 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt Apevia X-Discovery ATX Mid Diamondback Razor 
Mouse Pad
Geeksquad Special... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 Conroe @ 3.4 ASUS P5N32-E SLI XFX 9800GTX OCZ DDR2 PC7200 2x 1GB Gold Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATAII Seagate Perpendicular 250GB NEC DL DVD+/-R Vista Ultimate 19" WS HD HDCP Gateway 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt Apevia X-Discovery ATX Mid Diamondback Razor 
Mouse Pad
Geeksquad Special... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalPhreak View Post
I read this 3 times and Im just not understanding what point you are trying to make.

Sony has more than proven that, given the opportunity, they will take you for everything you've got. They are in such a position ATM.

They lie all the time about the quality and performance of their products and then they sell them for unfair prices.

I think anyone who has purchased any of their audio equipment would agree with me.

Let me just go on the record that I have moved on to better manufacturers for my audio needs. kthxbai
Lots of companies advertise like that.

I know you can watch 4 truck ads, and every ad says it's the toughest truck on the road, and they aren't lying... If you go by the very specific study that they have done to back up their statement.

Microsoft was an HD backer, and I have always gotten the impression that they were no better than Sony from a business standpoint yet you believe that they would balk at the opportunity to make more money if they couldn't? Doubtful. I find it curious that on a regional basis most people have been indicating that at our box stores the prices haven't changed, but those of online retailers have. Yet another added variable that has probably been discarded in this conclusion.

As far as Sony is concerned, personal experiences will differ depending on what your wants or needs are. In fact, I have never had any issues with any Sony product that I have owned. Is there better stuff out there...sure, there is always something better out there, but for a mainstream electronics company, I don't think it would be fair to class them with some of the other crap that people clamor on about.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 E0 @ 4GHz (445x9) on 1.325V (bios) | ASUS Rampage Formula x48 | | BIOS 0410 | Visiontek 4870 790/1100 | 2x2GB G.Skill PI @1069MHz | 1.9V | 5-5-5-15 2T | 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 2x320GB 7200.10 in RAID 0 + 250GB 7200.10 Lite-On DVD+-R/RW DL Vista Ultimate x64 42" Aquous @ 1440 x 900 (1920 x 1080 is too small) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX5500 Silverstone DA750 THE Rocketfish Logitech MX Revolution 
Mouse Pad
Neat one from Body Worlds exhibit 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 E0 @ 4GHz (445x9) on 1.325V (bios) | ASUS Rampage Formula x48 | | BIOS 0410 | Visiontek 4870 790/1100 | 2x2GB G.Skill PI @1069MHz | 1.9V | 5-5-5-15 2T | 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 2x320GB 7200.10 in RAID 0 + 250GB 7200.10 Lite-On DVD+-R/RW DL Vista Ultimate x64 42" Aquous @ 1440 x 900 (1920 x 1080 is too small) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX5500 Silverstone DA750 THE Rocketfish Logitech MX Revolution 
Mouse Pad
Neat one from Body Worlds exhibit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #100 of 125
Supply and Demand is a key part of any country and when alot of people want something the prices tend to go up... You learn this in...elementary school?

Don't see what the issue is.
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [THG] Blu-Ray Prices Continue to Climb