Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [DT] SIXAXIS PS3 Controller Discontinued
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[DT] SIXAXIS PS3 Controller Discontinued - Page 2

post #11 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncMaster753 View Post
will the dual shock still have motion sensing? or are they just adding rumble
It'll still have the sixaxis motion sensing.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 37
looks cool. i may buy a ps3 sometime this year
Laptop Goodness
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 T5450 1.67ghz PM965 8800m GTS 512mb 4gb PC5300 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250gb WD Scorpio DVD+/-RW/DL/RAM Drive Vista Premium 32bit 17" 1440x900 
PowerCase
AC Adaptor Sexy 
  hide details  
Reply
Laptop Goodness
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 T5450 1.67ghz PM965 8800m GTS 512mb 4gb PC5300 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250gb WD Scorpio DVD+/-RW/DL/RAM Drive Vista Premium 32bit 17" 1440x900 
PowerCase
AC Adaptor Sexy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 37
Multiple different console SKUs? There's only 1 in the US. I assume they mean world wide?
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Multiple different console SKUs? There's only 1 in the US. I assume they mean world wide?

There is only one in the U.S.? Lol ok.... if you say so...
post #15 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ap3R View Post
There is only one in the U.S.? Lol ok.... if you say so...
Typical response. Show me a place that doesn't only sell the 40GB SKU and then you can act superior. Newegg doesn't have it, Best Buy doesn't have it, Circuit City doesn't have it... The only place I can find it is eBay, where people want to charge like 150% overhead because it is so rare. The lack of an 80GB version is pretty much the only reason I don't have a PS3 right now, so if you can find one priced fairly then I'll probably buy it.

Edit: Holy crap, Newegg has one in finally. Too bad it's $100 more than the 40GB version...
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Typical response. Show me a place that doesn't only sell the 40GB SKU and then you can act superior. Newegg doesn't have it, Best Buy doesn't have it, Circuit City doesn't have it... The only place I can find it is eBay, where people want to charge like 150% overhead because it is so rare. The lack of an 80GB version is pretty much the only reason I don't have a PS3 right now, so if you can find one priced fairly then I'll probably buy it.

Edit: Holy crap, Newegg has one in finally. Too bad it's $100 more than the 40GB version...

if you dont care for backwards compatibility you can just get the 40gb and a separate 2.5" hdd thats more than 40gb .
Laptop Goodness
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 T5450 1.67ghz PM965 8800m GTS 512mb 4gb PC5300 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250gb WD Scorpio DVD+/-RW/DL/RAM Drive Vista Premium 32bit 17" 1440x900 
PowerCase
AC Adaptor Sexy 
  hide details  
Reply
Laptop Goodness
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 T5450 1.67ghz PM965 8800m GTS 512mb 4gb PC5300 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250gb WD Scorpio DVD+/-RW/DL/RAM Drive Vista Premium 32bit 17" 1440x900 
PowerCase
AC Adaptor Sexy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Typical response. Show me a place that doesn't only sell the 40GB SKU and then you can act superior. Newegg doesn't have it, Best Buy doesn't have it, Circuit City doesn't have it... The only place I can find it is eBay, where people want to charge like 150% overhead because it is so rare. The lack of an 80GB version is pretty much the only reason I don't have a PS3 right now, so if you can find one priced fairly then I'll probably buy it.

Edit: Holy crap, Newegg has one in finally. Too bad it's $100 more than the 40GB version...

Lol.... There is more than ebay, and some brick and mortar retail stores still have alternate sku's... plus the MGS4 one coming out
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxAlbo1 View Post
if you dont care for backwards compatibility you can just get the 40gb and a separate 2.5" hdd thats more than 40gb .
Backwards compatibility is why I want the 80GB version. The 40GB version is nicely priced, but the 80GB version is a ripoff unless they include extras I am missing.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 37
So is the new controller going to be included in the MGS4 bundle?
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
So is the new controller going to be included in the MGS4 bundle?
Quote:
The DualShock 3 controller will be officially a part of new consoles this June, with the introduction of the Metal Gear Solid 4 package which will include the game, 80GB PlayStation 3 and controller.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [DT] SIXAXIS PS3 Controller Discontinued