Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Core 2 Duo Allendale 2.2GHz
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Core 2 Duo Allendale 2.2GHz

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I've been curious. I've heard from some people who have the Allendale line of Core 2's that run on the 800MHz FSB and have half the L2 cache of the Conroe line still perform well and can be overclocked a decent amount.

But I'm curious if it does perform well. If anyone has one or had one, what did you think of it and what were the overclock abilities on it? At stock, how was the speed?

I plan on buying that CPU for a build of mine. My original plan was a 2.66GHz Conroe, but it jumped up $20, and I'm on a tight budget.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.4GHz G0 GIGABYTE P35-DS3L NVIDIA GTX 260 4GB DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
640GB Seagate 7200.11 Generic DVD/CD Drive Arctic Cooling Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 22" H233H Wireless Logitech Corsair TX750 Attached to a wall via screws 
Mouse
Wireless Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.4GHz G0 GIGABYTE P35-DS3L NVIDIA GTX 260 4GB DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
640GB Seagate 7200.11 Generic DVD/CD Drive Arctic Cooling Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 22" H233H Wireless Logitech Corsair TX750 Attached to a wall via screws 
Mouse
Wireless Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 12
whats your budget???

the e6550 is 2.33ghz stock and i am almost at 3.7ghz and a 50c load on air.

I'm also under 1.5volts


this has 4mb cache and really kicks most C2D's out of the water for the price/ performance ratio


Rarely anyone uses them because there 7x multi but they are great overclockers and most people don't see that...
post #3 of 12
there is a e2140 for sale in the forsale section. i believe its stock @ 1.6ghz but its proven to be OC'd @ 3.5ghz
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2200 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
T240HD 
Case
Antec Sonata III 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2200 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
T240HD 
Case
Antec Sonata III 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
I'm trying to stay under $500. I already have a PSU and a video card in this computer, so I don't need to buy either of those, but I can hit $600 if necessary. I'll check into the 2.33GHz and the E2140. Thanks for the timely responds.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.4GHz G0 GIGABYTE P35-DS3L NVIDIA GTX 260 4GB DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
640GB Seagate 7200.11 Generic DVD/CD Drive Arctic Cooling Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 22" H233H Wireless Logitech Corsair TX750 Attached to a wall via screws 
Mouse
Wireless Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.4GHz G0 GIGABYTE P35-DS3L NVIDIA GTX 260 4GB DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
640GB Seagate 7200.11 Generic DVD/CD Drive Arctic Cooling Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 22" H233H Wireless Logitech Corsair TX750 Attached to a wall via screws 
Mouse
Wireless Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoFX View Post
there is a e2140 for sale in the forsale section. i believe its stock @ 1.6ghz but its proven to be OC'd @ 3.5ghz

He was asking about "Core 2 Duo" Allendales, the E1000/2000 series are Pentiums, not core 2 duos.

And I have a E4300, they are amazing, just read some of the links in my siggy, I run my rig at a 75% O/C 24/7 with no instability.

Whatever you need to know, just ask.
Sky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 *Lapped* @ 3.24GHz Gigabyte P35 DS3L Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 465 G Skill 2x2GB PC2 8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 250 GB SATA Sony W/ LightScribe DVD+RW XP LG 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft OCZ600SXS Antec 900 Microsoft Intelli Point 
Mouse Pad
Memory Foam Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Sky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 *Lapped* @ 3.24GHz Gigabyte P35 DS3L Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 465 G Skill 2x2GB PC2 8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 250 GB SATA Sony W/ LightScribe DVD+RW XP LG 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft OCZ600SXS Antec 900 Microsoft Intelli Point 
Mouse Pad
Memory Foam Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avacado View Post
He was asking about "Core 2 Duo" Allendales, the E1000/2000 series are Pentiums, not core 2 duos.

And I have a E4300, they are amazing, just read some of the links in my siggy, I run my rig at a 75% O/C 24/7 with no instability.

Whatever you need to know, just ask.
thats about all i could hit was 3.1ghz and that cpu runs HOT
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx573v3xX_Z28 View Post
thats about all i could hit was 3.1ghz and that cpu runs HOT

Not really, alot of people based the E4300 running "hot" off of core temp specs, which placed the E4300 at a TJmax of 100c when in fact it's at 85c, try real temp, My temps never go above 53c even at 3.5GHz
Sky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 *Lapped* @ 3.24GHz Gigabyte P35 DS3L Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 465 G Skill 2x2GB PC2 8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 250 GB SATA Sony W/ LightScribe DVD+RW XP LG 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft OCZ600SXS Antec 900 Microsoft Intelli Point 
Mouse Pad
Memory Foam Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Sky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 *Lapped* @ 3.24GHz Gigabyte P35 DS3L Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 465 G Skill 2x2GB PC2 8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 250 GB SATA Sony W/ LightScribe DVD+RW XP LG 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft OCZ600SXS Antec 900 Microsoft Intelli Point 
Mouse Pad
Memory Foam Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Yes I'm talking about the Allendale line of Core 2 Duos. I've thought about just getting a Pentium Dual-Core, but I figure I should be with the times.. XD

And secondly, I'm looking for the chip to maybe overclock. I've never actually personally overclocked a processor, since this is gonna be my first build. We've only purchased factory build stuff, so its not exactly overclockable..

And third, has anyone here owned an Allendale C2D chip and compared it to a Conroe version? I'd love some sort of comparison. Does anyone have any issues with the Allendale version? Overclocking issues? Heat? I'd love to know these things before putting $120-200 into a processor. Thanks in advance.

And no I'm not even remotely thinking about AMD anymore. I looked into it, but the Core 2 Duo line dominates the X2s. I am looking forward to the X4s, but I don't know what's gonna happen with that, and how expensive they'll be..
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.4GHz G0 GIGABYTE P35-DS3L NVIDIA GTX 260 4GB DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
640GB Seagate 7200.11 Generic DVD/CD Drive Arctic Cooling Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 22" H233H Wireless Logitech Corsair TX750 Attached to a wall via screws 
Mouse
Wireless Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.4GHz G0 GIGABYTE P35-DS3L NVIDIA GTX 260 4GB DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
640GB Seagate 7200.11 Generic DVD/CD Drive Arctic Cooling Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 22" H233H Wireless Logitech Corsair TX750 Attached to a wall via screws 
Mouse
Wireless Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkegley9 View Post
Yes I'm talking about the Allendale line of Core 2 Duos. I've thought about just getting a Pentium Dual-Core, but I figure I should be with the times.. XD

And secondly, I'm looking for the chip to maybe overclock. I've never actually personally overclocked a processor, since this is gonna be my first build. We've only purchased factory build stuff, so its not exactly overclockable..

And third, has anyone here owned an Allendale C2D chip and compared it to a Conroe version? I'd love some sort of comparison. Does anyone have any issues with the Allendale version? Overclocking issues? Heat? I'd love to know these things before putting $120-200 into a processor. Thanks in advance.

And no I'm not even remotely thinking about AMD anymore. I looked into it, but the Core 2 Duo line dominates the X2s. I am looking forward to the X4s, but I don't know what's gonna happen with that, and how expensive they'll be..
There is no "Allendale Version, of a Conroe CPU" There is no such thing, they are on different architectures period. The E4300 was the best C2D Allendale on the market(Way Back When), and yes I still use it, and yes it's a beastly overclocker. You can easily find the E4300 for under 75$.

Heres a teaser for you......

Sky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 *Lapped* @ 3.24GHz Gigabyte P35 DS3L Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 465 G Skill 2x2GB PC2 8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 250 GB SATA Sony W/ LightScribe DVD+RW XP LG 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft OCZ600SXS Antec 900 Microsoft Intelli Point 
Mouse Pad
Memory Foam Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Sky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 *Lapped* @ 3.24GHz Gigabyte P35 DS3L Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 465 G Skill 2x2GB PC2 8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 250 GB SATA Sony W/ LightScribe DVD+RW XP LG 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft OCZ600SXS Antec 900 Microsoft Intelli Point 
Mouse Pad
Memory Foam Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkegley9 View Post
I've been curious. I've heard from some people who have the Allendale line of Core 2's that run on the 800MHz FSB and have half the L2 cache of the Conroe line still perform well and can be overclocked a decent amount.

But I'm curious if it does perform well. If anyone has one or had one, what did you think of it and what were the overclock abilities on it? At stock, how was the speed?

I plan on buying that CPU for a build of mine. My original plan was a 2.66GHz Conroe, but it jumped up $20, and I'm on a tight budget.
It'll be a heck of a lot better than a Celeron D @ 3.33. You can't really loose going from the old P4 architecture to C2D. It's just a question of how much "wow" you want. Going from what you have to a 2.2GHz Allendale will be "wow!" going to a 2.66GHz Conroe will be "Wow!+". Either way you're sure to be impressed by the performance difference between P4 and C2D.

The only reason I didn't get an Allendale instead of the Conroe when it came out was simply because I wanted the best I could afford, that would be the most future proof. But the jump in performance going from pretty much any P4 will be fairly big whatever C2D you get, so if you're on a tight budget (to the extent that $20 USD makes a difference) just go with the Allendale. The difference in performance between the 2.2GHz Allendale and 2.66GHz Conroe wont be as much as the difference between P4 and C2D.

As for the overclocking. With a good board, some good 1066MHz RAM and a half decent cooler you should hit 3GHz without too much hassle I'd of thought. At stock a 2.2GHz C2D is more than adequate for the vast majority of games and apps, so 3GHz should be more than enough. I used to run my E6600 @ 3.2GHz until my board died. Now I'm using a poor overclocking board and am pretty much forced to run at stock. Other than in SuperPI, I really cant tell any difference between 2.4GHz and 3.2GHz. All my games and apps seem equally as fast at both speeds. It could just be me, but I'm fairly convinced that I don't perceive any real difference, because the CPU is so fast already, that going from fast, to fast +33% just isn't that noticeable.

Highly-Annoyed
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.6GHz (400x9) Gigabyte EP45-DS3P HD4850 512MB 630/1000 4GB DDR2-800 OCZ Gold Rv.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
700GB SATA300 Storage Sony: 1x DVDROM, 1x DVDRW XP Home SP3 17" LCD (Black/Silver) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Quietkey Spacesaver Corsair TX 750W Antec SLK3700-BQE (Black) Logitech RX250 USB 
Mouse Pad
Black Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.6GHz (400x9) Gigabyte EP45-DS3P HD4850 512MB 630/1000 4GB DDR2-800 OCZ Gold Rv.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
700GB SATA300 Storage Sony: 1x DVDROM, 1x DVDRW XP Home SP3 17" LCD (Black/Silver) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Quietkey Spacesaver Corsair TX 750W Antec SLK3700-BQE (Black) Logitech RX250 USB 
Mouse Pad
Black Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Core 2 Duo Allendale 2.2GHz