Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › BSOD in Vista Ultimate 32bit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BSOD in Vista Ultimate 32bit

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
My pc blue screened twice today.
It said win32.sys.
Page fault in non paged area.
Any ideas?
Frankenputer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6550 3.4 EVGA 780i 3870x2 2x1 Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160 DVDRW Vista Ultimate 64bit 42 Panasonic 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Yes BFG 800 CM MX518 
Mouse Pad
Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenputer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6550 3.4 EVGA 780i 3870x2 2x1 Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160 DVDRW Vista Ultimate 64bit 42 Panasonic 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Yes BFG 800 CM MX518 
Mouse Pad
Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 14
Because no-one more knowledgeable has stepped into this thread yet I'll give it a go

The two things I can think of are:

1) The RAM is faulting. Run a memtest on it to see if its all good.

2) HDD corruption of files. Boot up the windows disk and run a windows repair and see if that works. Worst case scenario you may need to reformat.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Nrgx.
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NrGx View Post
Because no-one more knowledgeable has stepped into this thread yet I'll give it a go

The two things I can think of are:

1) The RAM is faulting. Run a memtest on it to see if its all good.

2) HDD corruption of files. Boot up the windows disk and run a windows repair and see if that works. Worst case scenario you may need to reformat.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Nrgx.
Thanks alot for the info.
Frankenputer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6550 3.4 EVGA 780i 3870x2 2x1 Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160 DVDRW Vista Ultimate 64bit 42 Panasonic 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Yes BFG 800 CM MX518 
Mouse Pad
Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenputer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6550 3.4 EVGA 780i 3870x2 2x1 Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160 DVDRW Vista Ultimate 64bit 42 Panasonic 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Yes BFG 800 CM MX518 
Mouse Pad
Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 14
Hmm, i don't recall seeing that in any of the BSOD i ever got. Mine have all been RAM related (overclocked too far or just bad ram). Have you ever messed with the page file? Now i'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but im curious. Right click on My Computer, click Advanced System Settings, click Settings under Performance, click Advanced, and under Virtual Memory what is the Total Paging File Size for all Drives?
Back to AMD
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T ASUS M4A89TD PRO GTX 260 G.SKILL ECO 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB Win7 19" BenQ LCD Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouse
700W OCZ Cooler Master Elite Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Back to AMD
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T ASUS M4A89TD PRO GTX 260 G.SKILL ECO 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB Win7 19" BenQ LCD Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouse
700W OCZ Cooler Master Elite Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lude View Post
Hmm, i don't recall seeing that in any of the BSOD i ever got. Mine have all been RAM related (overclocked too far or just bad ram). Have you ever messed with the page file? Now i'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but im curious. Right click on My Computer, click Advanced System Settings, click Settings under Performance, click Advanced, and under Virtual Memory what is the Total Paging File Size for all Drives?
2346
Frankenputer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6550 3.4 EVGA 780i 3870x2 2x1 Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160 DVDRW Vista Ultimate 64bit 42 Panasonic 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Yes BFG 800 CM MX518 
Mouse Pad
Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenputer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6550 3.4 EVGA 780i 3870x2 2x1 Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160 DVDRW Vista Ultimate 64bit 42 Panasonic 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Yes BFG 800 CM MX518 
Mouse Pad
Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsclincoln View Post
My pc blue screened twice today.
It said win32.sys.
Page fault in non paged area.
Any ideas?
Wow LOL, I just had this BSOD today, exact same BSOD, win32k.sys as well, since the BSOD is about page file, I thought about my RAM too, ran Prime95 on blend test and for some reason 5 seconds later I had one error, my voltage was too low on the RAM, now I ran a blend test again for an hour and no issue, one pass of Memtest as well. All I did really was increase the voltage from 2.06v to 2.1v lol.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6850K 4.3GHz (100x43) 1.355v Evga X99 Classified BIOS 2.03 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti G.SKILL 4x4GB 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 1T 1.35v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 1TB NVMe + 1TB Samsung 840 Evo External Asus drive 2x MCP655 in independent loops Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K Logitech G19 Evga 1200 P2 Enthoo Pro M 
MouseAudio
Logitech G900 Asus Essence XT II PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6850K 4.3GHz (100x43) 1.355v Evga X99 Classified BIOS 2.03 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti G.SKILL 4x4GB 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 1T 1.35v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 1TB NVMe + 1TB Samsung 840 Evo External Asus drive 2x MCP655 in independent loops Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K Logitech G19 Evga 1200 P2 Enthoo Pro M 
MouseAudio
Logitech G900 Asus Essence XT II PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsclincoln View Post
2346
K, that is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
Wow LOL, I just had this BSOD today, exact same BSOD, win32k.sys as well, since the BSOD is about page file, I thought about my RAM too, ran Prime95 on blend test and for some reason 5 seconds later I had one error, my voltage was too low on the RAM, now I ran a blend test again for an hour and no issue, one pass of Memtest as well. All I did really was increase the voltage from 2.06v to 2.1v lol.
Well it looks like a RAM check is in order. Maybe im just not very observant, hah. Run memtest and see if you get any errors.
Back to AMD
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T ASUS M4A89TD PRO GTX 260 G.SKILL ECO 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB Win7 19" BenQ LCD Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouse
700W OCZ Cooler Master Elite Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Back to AMD
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T ASUS M4A89TD PRO GTX 260 G.SKILL ECO 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB Win7 19" BenQ LCD Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouse
700W OCZ Cooler Master Elite Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
OK thanks again thats what Ill do.
Frankenputer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6550 3.4 EVGA 780i 3870x2 2x1 Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160 DVDRW Vista Ultimate 64bit 42 Panasonic 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Yes BFG 800 CM MX518 
Mouse Pad
Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenputer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6550 3.4 EVGA 780i 3870x2 2x1 Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160 DVDRW Vista Ultimate 64bit 42 Panasonic 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Yes BFG 800 CM MX518 
Mouse Pad
Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lude View Post
K, that is fine.



Well it looks like a RAM check is in order. Maybe im just not very observant, hah. Run memtest and see if you get any errors.
Well as I said, the bump on the voltage got me rid of the error, or you were talking to the OP lol
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6850K 4.3GHz (100x43) 1.355v Evga X99 Classified BIOS 2.03 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti G.SKILL 4x4GB 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 1T 1.35v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 1TB NVMe + 1TB Samsung 840 Evo External Asus drive 2x MCP655 in independent loops Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K Logitech G19 Evga 1200 P2 Enthoo Pro M 
MouseAudio
Logitech G900 Asus Essence XT II PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6850K 4.3GHz (100x43) 1.355v Evga X99 Classified BIOS 2.03 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti G.SKILL 4x4GB 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 1T 1.35v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 1TB NVMe + 1TB Samsung 840 Evo External Asus drive 2x MCP655 in independent loops Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K Logitech G19 Evga 1200 P2 Enthoo Pro M 
MouseAudio
Logitech G900 Asus Essence XT II PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
Well as I said, the bump on the voltage got me rid of the error, or you were talking to the OP lol
Haha, yea my bad, that was directed toward the OP.
Back to AMD
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T ASUS M4A89TD PRO GTX 260 G.SKILL ECO 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB Win7 19" BenQ LCD Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouse
700W OCZ Cooler Master Elite Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Back to AMD
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T ASUS M4A89TD PRO GTX 260 G.SKILL ECO 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB Win7 19" BenQ LCD Microsoft 
PowerCaseMouse
700W OCZ Cooler Master Elite Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Windows
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › BSOD in Vista Ultimate 32bit