Overclock.net banner

[WindowsITPro] MS fixes Vista SP1 Prerequisite

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  G|F.E.A.D|Killa 
#1 ·
http://windowsitpro.com/article/arti...requisite.html

Quote:

Microsoft today resumed the automatic distribution of a Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) prerequisite, called the Servicing Stack Update (SSU), after releasing a fix for the problem. The resumption of this download means that millions of additional Windows Vista owners will begin receiving Vista SP1 automatically via Windows Update in the days ahead.

#4 ·
Still waiting for it to show up on mine.....

#11 ·
It won't install....
I click on it and nothing happens.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBlo69
View Post

aka, a service pack, for the service pack...

What is up microshaft?? get your act together...

No it isn't a service pack of a service pack. Before SP1 was released some people were having problems with an update that helped prepare Vista for SP1. That's why SP1 hasn't been downloaded for people who have windows update set to automatic. I downloaded and installed mine manually when it hit the site. No issues and it helps some. File transfers are doubled in speed for me atleast and it seems to eat up less ram. I need to defrag and see if they sped that up at all.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBlo69
View Post

If "microshaft" is soo bad then why do you use their products <chozart edit>

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrano
View Post

If "microshaft" is soo bad then why do you use their products <chozart edit>

that isnt really a valid arguement. thats like saying, "if fossil fuels are so bad, why use them?"

the answer to your question though, isn't in the "superiority" of microsoft; rather, the general widespead, and therefore supported, use of microsoft's products.

#16 ·
Quote:

can we please stop bashing Microsoft. I mean, at least there updating bugs for us, its not like we have to pay for these. There included in the price of the OS package so when you deal out alot of cash for that OS your also paying for years and years of support.

would you rather it if they release a crappy SP1 and leave it that way? do you know how much everyone here relies on this one company?

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatliner
View Post

that isnt really a valid arguement. thats like saying, "if fossil fuels are so bad, why use them?"

the answer to your question though, isn't in the "superiority" of microsoft; rather, the general widespead, and therefore supported, use of microsoft's products.

Yes it is.
He did not have to buy Vista. He could still use XP. He could use Linux.

You don't have to drive a car. Ride a bike. Walk. Or buy a car that gets 50mpg, not a huge SUV that gets 10mpg.

Same difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.