Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › downthemall question (firefox)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

downthemall question (firefox) - Page 2

post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locool676 View Post
I can tell you right now that there is a 99% chance that he is using it for free.

Why can't I make the assumption when probable cause says he is using it for free?
Because there's no evidence to support any argument about what type of account he's using. Furthermore, I don't see any probable cause that he's using a free account. You simply have a 50/50 chance that you're right. And who knows? Maybe you'll be right and be able to say "see?", but that won't mean anything to me. He hasn't even hinted at what kind of account he's using, so it is quite presumptuous to say he's using any particular type of an account.

I say it's much wiser to just ask him what type of account he's using and then go from there.
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5CheeseLasagna View Post
I admit that this question is really stupid, so I beg for your forgiveness, but did you carefully look through the options of downthemall?

Edit: what's RS? I just got DownThemAll 1.0, and I want to do this too so I can compare notes with you and see if I can figure this out. I am sometimes very good at figuring things out on my own.
how is this a stupid question? it worked b4 and now it dont. yes i have went through options and nothing has worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewpot View Post
you need a premium rs account to use download managers
incorrect, it always worked using it for free. but i DO have an account now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrano View Post
RS = RapidShare
correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5CheeseLasagna View Post
Do you have a premium account, disceptre?
YES i do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locool676 View Post
What they all said. You can't use a download manager while using rapidshare for free.
yes i can, i did b4. but i have an account anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locool676 View Post
I can tell you right now that there is a 99% chance that he is using it for free.

Why can't I make the assumption when probable cause says he is using it for free?
nice english jackass. (when probable) you are wrong because i (am too have) an account. haha
post #13 of 21
did you make sure to enter your login information to downthemall? i use IDM for my RS account, and you have to manually enter your login information, other wise the client will download as a free account.
post #14 of 21
Hey Locool, can you see now why you should never assume anything? Haven't you ever heard the saying that if you ASSUME anything that it "makes an ASS out of U and ME"?

(the same kinda goes for you a little, Stewpot...)
post #15 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by h33b View Post
did you make sure to enter your login information to downthemall? i use IDM for my RS account, and you have to manually enter your login information, other wise the client will download as a free account.
rs has nothing to do with downthemall.(DTA) there is no login for dta.
post #16 of 21
DownloadThemAll is a Firefox Add-On. Check it out, h33b! You might like it!
post #17 of 21
looking into it right now 5 cheese.

@ OT though, if you're going to download from RS with a premium account, I don't see how this would work without some kind of login variable. Had it worked before and it stopped, or it just didn't work in the first place?
post #18 of 21
Thread Starter 
it worked fine b4. DTA is just a dowload manager basically so it has no login. i still cant find an answer on how to fix this yet
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by disceptre View Post
im trying to dl files from RS. when i try to dl with downthemall it always dl's as an html and when i click on it just goes to a webpage. but when i dl to my disk it dl's as a rar file like it is supposed to and i can install the app or whatever. how do i cjange it cuz it worked b4 but it started doingg this when i reinstalled firefox
Perhaps these questions will get the ball rolling.

Have you uninstalled and re-installed DTA?

If so, then which version of Firefox are you using? 2? or 3 Beta?

When you say that you download to disk and it works just fine, are you referring to bypassing DTA?

And again, I recommend also asking this question on in this Firefox IRC channel:

irc://irc.mozilla.org/firefox, but an IRC client such as ChatZilla is required.
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Perhaps these questions will get the ball rolling.

Have you uninstalled and re-installed DTA?

no but i just thought of that too a little bit ago and i will try it

If so, then which version of Firefox are you using? 2? or 3 Beta?

2, same as before

When you say that you download to disk and it works just fine, are you referring to bypassing DTA?

yes, the popup that comes up says
1. open with ..........
2. downthemall
3. downthemall 1 click
4. save to disk.
if i click save to dick it just puts it on my desktop and does not acceleate the dl. but it works normal.

And again, I recommend also asking this question on in this Firefox IRC channel:

irc://irc.mozilla.org/firefox, but an IRC client such as ChatZilla is required.
i keep trying
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Windows
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › downthemall question (firefox)