Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Dailytech] Apple kills openmac!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Dailytech] Apple kills openmac! - Page 3

post #21 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evostance View Post
Are you having a laugh?

Why do apple put server ram in their macs? Who knows but it make no difference performance wise...only cost wise

You say they are cheaper than Sony's? Sony and alienware computers are well built (not saying macs arent) but you are paying for what you are getting.

Heres a classic example

The iPhone made by Apple

The iPhone here in the UK costs £260 to buy on contract or retails for about £300 on ebay.

Now..the touchscreen only costs $33 to make. The hardware inside it? Well lets have a look



Thats a grand total of $280 to manufactor which is about £140.

£140!!! it costs DOUBLE that to buy so that proves what you said wrong.

Now my phone the LG Viewty retails for about £112..thats about $248

You can buy it for that much so the manufactoring cost will be lower. But the Viewty has a touchscreen, a 5mp camera, radio, bluetooth, 3G etc.

Put a better touchscreen on it at a cost of $33 and its still cheaper than the iPhone but it has better parts. The most expensive part is the flash memory at $70.


Apple are ripping of customers making them pay double what the product is worth. Why? Because it looks cool and its all fanboy tax
it isn't news that apple products are way over priced. In a mac I believe it costs 200 dollars or some ridiculous price to add 2 gigs of ram.

Especially with their laptops, aside from the processor they only have one gig of ram and a 160 HDD with a 13 inch screen. That starts at 1099.

You can build a laptop from hp:

64 Bit Vista Home Premium

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor T8100 (2.10 GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

14.1" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)

3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

HP Imprint Finish (Radiance) + Webcam + Microphone

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth(TM)

250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support(don't forget it can play mini-discs)

All for 1094.99 and still save money(only 5 buck though)

then if we tone it down to the hardware of an apple as close as possible spec by spec:

• Upgrade to Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
• Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor T8100 (2.10 GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
• 14.1" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
• 1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS(this is being nice)
• HP Imprint Finish (Radiance) + Webcam + Microphone
• Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth(TM)
• 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

and that totals out to 974.99

So with Apple your only paying for overpriced inflated software that retails at 129.99 by itself. vista home premium OEM edition retails at 99.99 so technically you are looking at 970 for an Apple computer(just parts no software) and for the HP 874.99(just parts no software). so your still paying way more then you have to with an apple. And keep in mind this is for comparable specs. the first Hp i listed you would get for 24 dollars and that includes the operating system
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 Intel DP45SG Visiontek HD 4870 2x2GB DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 Western Digital + 1TB Black Caviar WD Samsung Sata vista ultimate x64/Windows 7 Ultimate 64x Samsung T220 22 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dynex(Temp until G15) BFG 800 Watt Antec 900 Logitech G5 Gaming mouse 
Mouse Pad
Commando(none) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 Intel DP45SG Visiontek HD 4870 2x2GB DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 Western Digital + 1TB Black Caviar WD Samsung Sata vista ultimate x64/Windows 7 Ultimate 64x Samsung T220 22 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dynex(Temp until G15) BFG 800 Watt Antec 900 Logitech G5 Gaming mouse 
Mouse Pad
Commando(none) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-80 View Post

edit: Mac Pros are good for video editors. A macbook pro isnt really powerful enough to run Final cut and arpeture. If it's something you do often
I actually run Aperture on my MBP and it runs surprisingly well.
BlackMesa
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 Gigabyte XFX RF460 16gb G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex2 Sata II Coorsair Force GS Sata III Debian (testing) Shimian 27" 
KeyboardMouse
Filco w/ blue cherries Who needs a mouse? 
  hide details  
Reply
BlackMesa
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 Gigabyte XFX RF460 16gb G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex2 Sata II Coorsair Force GS Sata III Debian (testing) Shimian 27" 
KeyboardMouse
Filco w/ blue cherries Who needs a mouse? 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait Sith Cat View Post
All I know is that I can get an Asus laptop for $1050 with dedicated graphics, 3GB mem, 250GB hd, wireless G, gigabit ethernet, 15.4" screen etc.

A comparable mac costs > $2000. I don't know Mac's warranty, but Asus has theirs covered for 2 years.

Yes, macs have their software, but it's not worth it to me. Maybe it is to someone who makes a living editing multimedia, but Linux is catching up on that, too.

What a shame Apple has such an inflated ego.
I couldn't agree more. I'm really shocked that Apple sells as many PCs as they do at that price.....I guess people see the commercials and follow like lemmings.....they're just so exorbitantly overpriced.
PWNzershreck
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930K @ 4.6 GHz ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition MSI GTX 1080 FE Heatkiller Acetal 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600C9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung 840 Pro  ASUS DVD-RW SATA Koolance 380i & 2x HW Labs 480GTX Arch Linux x86_64, Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG UC88-B Ultrawide, ASUS VS278Q Ducky Corsair AX1200i Caselabs STH10 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Func 1030 ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
PWNzershreck
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930K @ 4.6 GHz ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition MSI GTX 1080 FE Heatkiller Acetal 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600C9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung 840 Pro  ASUS DVD-RW SATA Koolance 380i & 2x HW Labs 480GTX Arch Linux x86_64, Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG UC88-B Ultrawide, ASUS VS278Q Ducky Corsair AX1200i Caselabs STH10 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Func 1030 ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 67
Par for the course. All Apple does is justify my boycotting of their products.
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 67
Yeah but Apple has culture. Can Asus say that?
Corsair 800D
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K MSI Z170A EVGA GTX980 Classified Kingston Anniversary Edition 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 256 and 1TB LG Blu Ray Writer Win10 64 BenQ 27 144Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G610 Red Corsair RM1000i Corsair 800D Logitech Proteus Spectrum Core blah blah blah 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Glass Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Corsair 800D
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K MSI Z170A EVGA GTX980 Classified Kingston Anniversary Edition 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 256 and 1TB LG Blu Ray Writer Win10 64 BenQ 27 144Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G610 Red Corsair RM1000i Corsair 800D Logitech Proteus Spectrum Core blah blah blah 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Glass Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 67
Shinobu
(16 items)
 
Nodoka
(16 items)
 
Index
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe HD6450 Flex Crucial 16GB (2x 8GB) Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 Arch Linux Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2410 Dell 2407WFP Cherry - Cherry Blue Switches (Unlabeled keys) Seasonic X-650 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Black Logitech M570 Trackball Sennheiser HD595 Creative GigaWorks T20 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Zotac Z77-ITX WiFi EVGA 680 GTX Samsung 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 256GB 830 Samsung SpinPoint HD501LJ Windows 7 Dell U2410 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Dell 2407WFP Dell E248WFP Cherry Black (MX Blue Switches, Blank Keys) Silverstone Sugi SG08B 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech Trackman Logitech Z-5500 Sennheiser HD595s 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD Athlon II X2 240e Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport 1.5TB Hard Drives 
  hide details  
Reply
Shinobu
(16 items)
 
Nodoka
(16 items)
 
Index
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe HD6450 Flex Crucial 16GB (2x 8GB) Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 Arch Linux Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2410 Dell 2407WFP Cherry - Cherry Blue Switches (Unlabeled keys) Seasonic X-650 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Black Logitech M570 Trackball Sennheiser HD595 Creative GigaWorks T20 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Zotac Z77-ITX WiFi EVGA 680 GTX Samsung 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 256GB 830 Samsung SpinPoint HD501LJ Windows 7 Dell U2410 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Dell 2407WFP Dell E248WFP Cherry Black (MX Blue Switches, Blank Keys) Silverstone Sugi SG08B 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech Trackman Logitech Z-5500 Sennheiser HD595s 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD Athlon II X2 240e Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport 1.5TB Hard Drives 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-80 View Post
thats a really ignorant thing to say. A lot of people on OCN use macs.
Replace where he said "and" in that statement with "or," and you'll take much more kindly to what he said

I'm sure that's what he meant to say anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-80 View Post
I really dislike how apple runs its business, But I do love their products.
I agree. I, for one, am not going to let a bunch of silly commercials stop me from enjoying a fantastic product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-80 View Post
And they are certainly not for people who don't know what they are doing. I see you said you own a macbook pro as well, so IDK why youd say its for noobs
The OS has an "ease of use" nature. I find OSX to be the easiest OS of which to grasp concept. It is to OS as Spanish is to language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheGTIguy View Post
No, no they don't.

They charge very comparable to what Dell charges, with maybe a 10 - 20% markup consistent with their premium brand.
Yep. Check out my comparisons in the thread "40% of college students said they plan to buy a Mac." I did 3 comparisons, and the only laptop that was significantly cheaper than an exactly comparable MacBook was a Lenovo. The Dell was more expensive, and the HP was cheaper by only about 100 bucks. Consider the fact that the PC laptops are going to come with crapware and adware, and maybe the price will start to sound a bit more reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheGTIguy View Post
The REASON the Mac Mini costs so much compared to the computer in the article is because the MAc Mini uses more expensive laptop components, and because it is far more expensive to engineer a mac mini than just plugging components into a desktop.
Correct. Most people don't consider that Apple computers are of "different design." You almost always pay more for a non-standard design (a design that's not a tower). And then there is the fact that everything Apple offers uses LAPTOP components to fit everything in such small packages. The Mac Mini isn't comparable to your desktop or my desktop because our desktops use desktop components. Same applies for the iMac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgnome229 View Post
From this comment I assume you use linux?

When Apple used MacOS Classic that statement would have been true. With OSX being UNIX-based (Leopard even has official UNIX certification), Apple keeps the easy to use market, but is now more geared towards power users than windows is.
I agree with that. Apple offers something for both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-80 View Post
The Mac Pro is a workstation. From a consumer standpoint there is very little justification. For 3D work or A/V duties the Mac Pro gives you OSX and its associated apps with a decent amount of horsepower behind it
True. With that said, Apple doesn't really offer anything comparable to a "regular" desktop. Its desktops use laptop parts, and its workstation uses server parts. Nothing Apple offers uses "regular" desktop components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait Sith Cat View Post
Yes, macs have their software, but it's not worth it to me. Maybe it is to someone who makes a living editing multimedia, but Linux is catching up on that, too.
Yes, to you. That's why you have a choice. When it comes to Apple, most things are like that: you either like it or you don't. Kinda black and white, but again, that's why you have a choice whether or not to buy it. Sounds like it wouldn't suit you in the end, so I couldn't recommend one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait Sith Cat View Post
What a shame Apple has such an inflated ego.
I'm actually finding this to be more and more true. I've been visiting Mac forums lately, and I find lots of people becoming "insulted" when anything Mac is questioned. "Why does windows have this feature but OSX doesn't?" is a question sometimes asked. The joblets come to the rescue and retort, "Why don't you just go back to stupid windows then?" It's disgusting. There are even old-time Mac users (from the PPC days) that think of themselves as "indigenous," and they talk this way to "switchers" (post-intel-Mac release) as if they are better.

So I agree, what a shame lots of the user base has such inflated egos... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evostance View Post
Why do apple put server ram in their macs? Who knows but it make no difference performance wise...only cost wise
Do you know what you're talking about? The only Mac with server components is the Mac Pro. And there is a very good reason for this. Mac Pros are used for commercial workstations. Businesses depend on these computers. Just ask Marin, whose father owns an ad agency. Server components provide enhanced reliability. There is a REASON, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gex80 View Post
it isn't news that apple products are way over priced. In a mac I believe it costs 200 dollars or some ridiculous price to add 2 gigs of ram.
Nope, it costs $34:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231147

But only if you're smart like me and do it yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by gex80 View Post
Especially with their laptops, aside from the processor they only have one gig of ram and a 160 HDD with a 13 inch screen. That starts at 1099.

You can build a laptop from hp:

64 Bit Vista Home Premium
Alright, stop right there. You already skimped on the OS, so it's already an uneven comparison.

Visit the thread "40% of college students said they plan to buy a Mac." I did 3 comparisons, each using a different brand, to a MacBook middle model. The Dell ended up a few bucks more expensive than the MB, the HP was about $100 cheaper, and the Lenovo was the only one significantly less expensive than the Mac. I did an exact spec-for-spec comparison; no one else around here knows how to do that. I made the specs the control of the experiment and the price the variable, and I came to the conclusion using the scientific method that Macs are not insanely overpriced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binormalkilla View Post
I couldn't agree more. I'm really shocked that Apple sells as many PCs as they do at that price.....I guess people see the commercials and follow like lemmings.....they're just so exorbitantly overpriced.
Look, I know you're a fanatic apple-basher, but try to see it this way:

Do you really think it's all about the commercials? Is there no other reason someone would want a Mac?

Isn't it possible that someone might actually like the Mac OS and the software it comes with enough to pay a little extra?
post #28 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemaniaci View Post
or even a little over what they are worth, they usually charge more than double that their computers are worth.
While Apple products may cost a few hundred more, what you are saying is a blatant lie. And like others have said, Apple's markup is no more than other premium brands like Alienware. Not to mention the price is not subsidized by bloatware found on your typical OEM PC, eg. programs like Norton AV, some lame photo organizer program, crappy music software and so on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evostance View Post
Why do apple put server ram in their macs? Who knows but it make no difference performance wise...only cost wise
That is because the only way you can have a 2P Intel system is by using server chipsets, and server chipsets only take server RAM, hence the fact that the Mac Pro uses server RAM.
Desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 E2140 @2.67GHz Abit IP35 Pro Radeon X1900XT 512MB 2x1GB GSkill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x500GB Samsung HD501LJ + 2x80GB (1.16TB total) 2 X NEC ND-3550A Windows XP Home 24" Acer LCD (AL2324W) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Executive PC P&C Silencer 610W AeroCool AeroEngine II w/ 2x140mm intake fans Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Generic foam rubber pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 E2140 @2.67GHz Abit IP35 Pro Radeon X1900XT 512MB 2x1GB GSkill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x500GB Samsung HD501LJ + 2x80GB (1.16TB total) 2 X NEC ND-3550A Windows XP Home 24" Acer LCD (AL2324W) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Executive PC P&C Silencer 610W AeroCool AeroEngine II w/ 2x140mm intake fans Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Generic foam rubber pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikersSU View Post
Made in China. 6 bit panels.

6 bit panels are only in the MacBook and iMac, both of which ARE NOT meant for video and photo editing. They are meant for the typical user who uses the computer for more basic tasks.
Apples Cinema Display and MBP have 8 bit panels. Theres a reason the MBP can achieve such a high resolution on a small screen and apples Cinema Displays have a slower response time because they don’t use TN panels.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MikersSU View Post
Blue screens.
The Blue screen is a myth, I made a video awhile ago about it. (I was sick then, so my voice sounds weird, lol)

The blue screen is there after the installation of Leopard as the OS is still setting itself up, just wait and the system will pass up the Blue Screen and boot the OS. This only occurs after the first installation and never again after that.
People were losing there data because instead of waiting they would reboot during the blue screen, and doing this would corrupt the installation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MikersSU View Post
Assassinated fan sites
Only one site was shut down and that was because someone in Apple was leaking information to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikersSU View Post
Lawsuits.
The lawsuits usually have good reason behind them, obviously the one right now is because the company was selling Apples OS with computers without there permission. Have you noticed that Apple hasn’t taken any legal action against x86 or anything like it which allows the OS to be put on the PC, that’s because theres no profit gain. But this company would have gained profit off of selling Leopard with a Desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikersSU View Post
Oh come on, that's MS/PC not Apple right? Right?
And I will now end with this *facepalm*
Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evostance View Post
Are you having a laugh?

The iPhone made by Apple

The iPhone here in the UK costs £260 to buy on contract or retails for about £300 on ebay.

Now..the touchscreen only costs $33 to make. The hardware inside it? Well lets have a look



Thats a grand total of $280 to manufactor which is about £140.

£140!!! it costs DOUBLE that to buy so that proves what you said wrong.

Now my phone the LG Viewty retails for about £112..thats about $248

You can buy it for that much so the manufactoring cost will be lower. But the Viewty has a touchscreen, a 5mp camera, radio, bluetooth, 3G etc.

Put a better touchscreen on it at a cost of $33 and its still cheaper than the iPhone but it has better parts. The most expensive part is the flash memory at $70.
The real question:

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO Asus P5K-E WiFi EVGA 8800GTS Crucial Ballastix (2GB * 2) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3 * WD 500GB, RAID 0 + 1 (for backups) LG SuperMulti w/LS Ubuntu 8.04 Beta & Vista Ult. x64 AOC 2216W 22" 1680*1050 
PowerCase
OCZ GameXStream 700w TT Armor 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO Asus P5K-E WiFi EVGA 8800GTS Crucial Ballastix (2GB * 2) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3 * WD 500GB, RAID 0 + 1 (for backups) LG SuperMulti w/LS Ubuntu 8.04 Beta & Vista Ult. x64 AOC 2216W 22" 1680*1050 
PowerCase
OCZ GameXStream 700w TT Armor 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Dailytech] Apple kills openmac!