Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [tgdaily] Update: Apple wants to get rid of third-party Mac maker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[tgdaily] Update: Apple wants to get rid of third-party Mac maker - Page 2

post #11 of 59
I hope that Apple doesn't get them shut down honestly. Apple just doesn't like that fact someone is tramping on their money train.
Calypso
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 @ 3.6 Ghz Gigabyte EP45-UD3P XFX 9600 GT 6 Gigabytes Mixed Ballstix,Tracers 1:1 400MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Seagate 320, 1x 400 WD in Raid 0 Windows Vista Ultimate x86 ASUS MK241h 24" Microsoft Multimeda 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill 600W Xclio Windtunnel Microsoft Multimedia OSCS 
  hide details  
Reply
Calypso
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 @ 3.6 Ghz Gigabyte EP45-UD3P XFX 9600 GT 6 Gigabytes Mixed Ballstix,Tracers 1:1 400MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Seagate 320, 1x 400 WD in Raid 0 Windows Vista Ultimate x86 ASUS MK241h 24" Microsoft Multimeda 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill 600W Xclio Windtunnel Microsoft Multimedia OSCS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 59
I definatly hope Apple* loses the lawsuit. If they do lose, I might actually buy a OSX based computer.

Edit: Apple*
Atlas
(20 items)
 
M17x R4
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3740qm @ 3.9Ghz M17x R4 7970m @ 1Ghz Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
480gb seagate 600 SSD 500GB Seagate 2.5 Liton Slot-Load Blu-Ray Windows 10 x64 Tech Preview 
  hide details  
Reply
Atlas
(20 items)
 
M17x R4
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3740qm @ 3.9Ghz M17x R4 7970m @ 1Ghz Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
480gb seagate 600 SSD 500GB Seagate 2.5 Liton Slot-Load Blu-Ray Windows 10 x64 Tech Preview 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modki View Post
Well so Apple doesn't want any competition? Isn't that being a bit monopolistic? Only their Hardware can run their OS? No one else can compete for sales? Apple would tank very hard if they had to fairly price their hardware.
How would it tank very hard? And how is it being monopolistic.. Modki, are you aware of.. Microsoft? I know, its a small company and all, but I figure you would at least have heard about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post
i for one hope psyren wins. competition is great because it lowers prices
Again, are you aware of microsoft, ect ect. OSX is Apple's software. You never own an operating system, you only own the right to use the operating system. Therefore, Apple can do whatever they like with their own OS.

Quote:
I definatly hope Mac loses the lawsuit. If they do lose, I might actually buy a OSX based computer.
#1 Mac isnt a company, Apple is..
#2 The Mac Mini isnt expensive, so if you actually wanted one,it would be easy enough to shell out the money for a mini..
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
Reply
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
And how is it being monopolistic.. Modki, are you aware of.. Microsoft? I know, its a small company and all, but I figure you would at least have heard about it.
I believe that there is at least an argument here that it is monopolistic behavior. Funny that you mention Microsoft...what if Microsoft said, "We're now making our own PCs and no one may sell any computers with Windows on them unless they are Microsoft brand computers."

They would immediately be facing a big-time monopoly case and yet this is what Apple has been doing for a while. Absolutely there is an argument to be made here for monopolistic activity and it looks like Psystar possibly had it in mind to press that issue all along.

brad
Slow Budget
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 XFX 9800GTX OCX 4 x 4GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS LG DVD+-RW Corsair Hyper 212 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 226BW G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Coolermaster CM690 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Slow Budget
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 XFX 9800GTX OCX 4 x 4GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS LG DVD+-RW Corsair Hyper 212 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 226BW G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Coolermaster CM690 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigMe View Post
I believe that there is at least an argument here that it is monopolistic behavior. Funny that you mention Microsoft...what if Microsoft said, "We're now making our own PCs and no one may sell any computers with Windows on them unless they are Microsoft brand computers."

They would immediately be facing a big-time monopoly case and yet this is what Apple has been doing for a while. Absolutely there is an argument to be made here for monopolistic activity and it looks like Psystar possibly had it in mind to press that issue all along.

brad
There isnt an argument though.. Microsoft is alot better than Apple. Apple has a relatively low market share compared to Microsoft, so its not monopolistic.
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
Reply
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
There isnt an argument though.. Microsoft is alot better than Apple. Apple has a relatively low market share compared to Microsoft, so its not monopolistic.
There are many organizations and businesses that completely depend on Mac's OS and software to function. Their only choice in running that OS and software is to buy from Mac with it loaded on Mac's branded hardware. When a company forces that kind of situation there is definitely an argument to be made. If there was no argument to be made Psystar would not have these machines for sale as we speak.

brad
Slow Budget
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 XFX 9800GTX OCX 4 x 4GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS LG DVD+-RW Corsair Hyper 212 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 226BW G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Coolermaster CM690 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Slow Budget
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 XFX 9800GTX OCX 4 x 4GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS LG DVD+-RW Corsair Hyper 212 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 226BW G15 Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Coolermaster CM690 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
How would it tank very hard? And how is it being monopolistic.. Modki, are you aware of.. Microsoft? I know, its a small company and all, but I figure you would at least have heard about it.



Again, are you aware of microsoft, ect ect. OSX is Apple's software. You never own an operating system, you only own the right to use the operating system. Therefore, Apple can do whatever they like with their own OS.



#1 Mac isnt a company, Apple is..
#2 The Mac Mini isnt expensive, so if you actually wanted one,it would be easy enough to shell out the money for a mini..
Blindly defend Apple , even when you know you are wrong

Stop with Mac Mini , the news says you get for 400$ what you would get for 2000$ originaly
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz AsRock x1600 xt 256 MB 1gb 2x 512 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital 250 GB Windows XP Samsung 22BW 22inch widescreen Genius keyboards , its good 
Mouse
TnB pinky mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz AsRock x1600 xt 256 MB 1gb 2x 512 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital 250 GB Windows XP Samsung 22BW 22inch widescreen Genius keyboards , its good 
Mouse
TnB pinky mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Stop abusing the word nazi when you aren't even using it right. Apple is suing them as this can hurt there sales.

This is the real world, they need money, when people take money, they will retaliate (simple terms right there)
That's very true. This is the real world where we have laws that disallow a LOT of the crap Apple has been pulling. Now that it's catching up to them, let's see how they like the Microsoft treatment. Maybe they'll get a beating over preloading an internet browser as well, eh? One can only hope that justice works in both directions.

I hope Psystar's 400$ OS:X based computers get their time to shine, although I doubt the Mac Heads would even go near them (they're WAY too smug about paying double the cost for their machine, ya know). It'll finally allow OS:X a chance to gain more market share that was restricted to people that aren't rich or have rich parents (you know, the REST of us). All of those college students that said they'd buy a Mac might ACTUALLY buy a Mac if the cost wasn't an arm and a leg.

~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
There isnt an argument though.. Microsoft is alot better than Apple. Apple has a relatively low market share compared to Microsoft, so its not monopolistic.
Actually, Apple has 100% market share of the OS:X computer market.
post #19 of 59
This is proof that Crapples are overpriced.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
You do realize that it only comes with the OS. It doesn't come with any of the software that comes with a mac, and example is iLife.

Also you don't get a warranty or anything from Apple. For some reason OCN bash Apples warranty and tech support but I find it great. Earlier today my brothers HDD died on him and he took it to the Apple store. Right now they are going to give him a replacement HDD and try to recover the data from the dead HDD.
Just goes to show how overpriced Macs are.
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [tgdaily] Update: Apple wants to get rid of third-party Mac maker