Damn, its been few drinks since last post. I have not perished, oh no! I was very busy with work and life but was able to spend any free time on more experimenting and prototyping.
Time to bump this up!
I am very happy to report that I had a major 'imagination' breakthrough and finally have adjusted the whole project aesthetics to accommodate solid black shrouds instead of clear ones with LEDs.
First of all I am changing the project name from 'Panzer' to 'FIREFIGHT'
I feel that the new name better reflects what I am doing to the case and also describes the type of emotions this project invokes in me.
Lets see some pics I took when experimenting with light few days ago...
As I mentioned before, I got 2 different red LEDs. The one on the right had a deeper red but was not emitting much light so I settled on the brighter one.
So here is the challenge - 3mm drill bit vs 3mm acrylic vs 3mm LED
Because of all pices being 3mm thick, the drill bit wanted to slide off continously. This forced me to choose which side will be open.
Fortunately it was a practice piece of acrylic so I was not worried that one of the holes 'chose' the other side.
LEDs prepared to their magic
I tell you, the edges of acrylic are absolutely evil!
So now the idea is to integrate 4 LEDs into the front edge of air ducts and get them nicely lit up.