Experiencing bit of a slowdown due to the fact that currently I can only do modding on weekends but my spirit is strong and the work shall continue...
Today I started working with the mesh. It was time consuming process and progress was slow but rewarding.
I never worked with modders mesh before so did not know what to expect.
I quickly learned that plenty of planning, precision and patience was crucial.
I found myself measuring and remeasuring many times before committing to a cut or a bend.
I used humble hacksaw blade to make long straight cuts - it worked well
Measure 15 times, cut and bend once...
Then the bending became more intricate...
I put so much masking tape all over, the case looks like a badly beaten up patient in bandages.
One of the challenges was to preserve the original curvature of the front bezel. I wanted the mesh to 'flow' from one end post to another.
I made the front section little bit too wide which the caused to bulge out when the whole piece was forced into place.
I made allowance for the thickness of the masking tape and once the tape has been remved from the end posts, the curve should become perfect.