But while I was waiting for it to arrive, I revised the side panel.
I did not like it. I did not like my sloppy work and decided to redo the whole thing.
I started by removing the u-channel - not easy and bloody messy due to the super glue I have used
The double sided tape fought back valiantly but eventually submitted to the power of the heat gun
It took me over an hour to clean it off completely
I could not get the same u-channel so bought next size up from a local rubber products shop (no it was not an adult shop
I actually prefer the larger/thicker size channel - it looks better to me
Then I came up with an idea to 'accessorise' the panel. This is for two reasons:
1. some of the black paint has thinned little bit too much in places where I had apply chemicals to remove glue and rubber left overs
2. make the panel little bit more interesting.
I collected bunch of left over pieces of modder's mesh and got to work.
Ignore the screw and washer situation for now.
I plan to make more holes to help hold the mesh down more evenly and also to paint all the washers (but not screws) black.
This is work in progress.
There will be additional piece under the bottom edge of the window and some additional improvements to make the mesh solution a success and not an epic failure!
That's all for now