Originally Posted by HrnyGoat
Apple's hardware is no more inflated than Dell's or HP's.
Thats only if you compare the All in One design.
In terms of HARDWARE ONLY for laptops
(Since HP does not offer a 13 inch screen which is the standard screen size for apple, This comparison will be using a standard 15.4 inch screen.)
(Video cards are at stock comparison unless noted. Being that apple does not offer a video card upgrade for their mac, the price comparison will be done with both a stock and full upgraded video card for the HP)
(The hp also features a free memory card upgrade to two gigs VS one gig)
HP dv6700t = 864.99(***913.99 with upgraded video card)
* • Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (32-bit)
* • Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor T8100 (2.10 GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
* • 15.4" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
* • FREE Upgrade to 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)**only thrown in because its free**
* • Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 - For Core 2 Duo Processors
(***50% OFF 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS - For Core 2 Duo Processors)
* • HP Imprint Finish (Radiance) + Microphone+webcam
* • Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection
* • 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
* • SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
Apple MB402LL/A 1099.99
# 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
# 1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x512MB
# 120GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
# Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
# Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
# AirPort Extreme Card & Bluetooth
235 dollar difference spec for spec.186 dollar difference if you upgrade the card. Plus the hP comes with a dvd burner.
Take as you wish but remember this is only a comparison of HARDWARE NOT SOFTWARE.