Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › 4400+ Brisbane overclocking with AMD TA690G MOBO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

4400+ Brisbane overclocking with AMD TA690G MOBO - Page 6

post #51 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexySamy View Post
Heya, sorry didn reply you ytd. Anyway, the settings are as follows:

FSB: 270
Multi: 10x
Htt Link: 3x
Ram: DDR 533, 5-5-5-15-26-2T

It ran 12 hours 36mins after that it fail. I guess it is really due to the heat that is why my computer could not overclock further cause that is around the time where the temps starts to rise. I got a copy of the temp readings. What you think on that??
Samy, what kind of failure did you get after 12hrs? Did Orthos give you a failure message or did the machine lock up? Are you running priority 9 during the blend test? Does your BIOS allow you to supply additional voltage to the chipset?

Good luck
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 620 Asus M4A785-M Asus 5770 G.Skill 8GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD3200AAJS Windows 7 Pro Acer AL2216W, Samsung P2770 Corsair 550VX 
Case
Tagan Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 620 Asus M4A785-M Asus 5770 G.Skill 8GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD3200AAJS Windows 7 Pro Acer AL2216W, Samsung P2770 Corsair 550VX 
Case
Tagan Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 94
Thread Starter 
Heya, thanks for your reponsed. Anyway, here is sample of the error from orthos:
"FATAL ERROR: Resulting sum was 4407829918364015, expected: 4407829918486077
1:Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
1:Torture Test ran 12 hours, 21 minutes 43 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
1:Execution halted."

So what do you think??

I'm running at 1 priority and yes, bios allow me to add additional volt to my chipset. Default is at 1.2V but i've up it to 1.25V. So what do you think??
New System*
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 5000+ Black Edition DFI LanParty 790FXB-M2RSH Nvidia XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog OCZ Titanium 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2x 80GB Seagate HD Windows XP Home Sliverstone Strider ST60F 600w Cooler Master Centrinion 534+ 
  hide details  
Reply
New System*
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 5000+ Black Edition DFI LanParty 790FXB-M2RSH Nvidia XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog OCZ Titanium 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2x 80GB Seagate HD Windows XP Home Sliverstone Strider ST60F 600w Cooler Master Centrinion 534+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexySamy View Post
Heya, thanks for your reponsed. Anyway, here is sample of the error from orthos:
"FATAL ERROR: Resulting sum was 4407829918364015, expected: 4407829918486077
1:Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
1:Torture Test ran 12 hours, 21 minutes 43 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
1:Execution halted."

So what do you think??

I'm running at 1 priority and yes, bios allow me to add additional volt to my chipset. Default is at 1.2V but i've up it to 1.25V. So what do you think??
Samy, try adjusting the chipset voltage to 1.25v and see if that helps. I typically run priority 9 during the blend test. Priority 9 will use most if not all of your Windows resources while stressing. If there is any stability issues you'll notice them a lot faster. I just can't believe you failed after 12hours. Run it again with that chipset voltage adjustment and change Orthos to priority 9.

Good luck buddy
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 620 Asus M4A785-M Asus 5770 G.Skill 8GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD3200AAJS Windows 7 Pro Acer AL2216W, Samsung P2770 Corsair 550VX 
Case
Tagan Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 620 Asus M4A785-M Asus 5770 G.Skill 8GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD3200AAJS Windows 7 Pro Acer AL2216W, Samsung P2770 Corsair 550VX 
Case
Tagan Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 94
Thread Starter 
Heya, thanks again for the fast reponse though i was slow. Sorry.

Anyway, back on topic. My chipset volt is actually 1.25V. I didn decrease or increase it as what you have said as I've always been on 1.25V during overclock for all test runs since you help me. Instead, i went to lower my cpu vcore. Load, 1.39, Idle, 1.41. So what do you think? I've been running blend test priority 1 since ytd before you posted your reponse so I decided to went ahead and check if my heat is causing me to crash. 9 Hours ++ so after 3 hours more, we'll see how it goes.

I would also want to know what would be your move now if it fails and if it did not fail. As in what would you do if this test fail and what would you do if the test pass? How would you change the settings respectively?

Thx again for your reply thlnk3r
New System*
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 5000+ Black Edition DFI LanParty 790FXB-M2RSH Nvidia XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog OCZ Titanium 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2x 80GB Seagate HD Windows XP Home Sliverstone Strider ST60F 600w Cooler Master Centrinion 534+ 
  hide details  
Reply
New System*
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 5000+ Black Edition DFI LanParty 790FXB-M2RSH Nvidia XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog OCZ Titanium 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2x 80GB Seagate HD Windows XP Home Sliverstone Strider ST60F 600w Cooler Master Centrinion 534+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexySamy View Post
Heya, thanks again for the fast reponse though i was slow. Sorry.

Anyway, back on topic. My chipset volt is actually 1.25V. I didn decrease or increase it as what you have said as I've always been on 1.25V during overclock for all test runs since you help me. Instead, i went to lower my cpu vcore. Load, 1.39, Idle, 1.41. So what do you think? I've been running blend test priority 1 since ytd before you posted your reponse so I decided to went ahead and check if my heat is causing me to crash. 9 Hours ++ so after 3 hours more, we'll see how it goes.

I would also want to know what would be your move now if it fails and if it did not fail. As in what would you do if this test fail and what would you do if the test pass? How would you change the settings respectively?

Thx again for your reply thlnk3r

Samy, that's a decent sounding voltage. If you can't go any further then perhaps that is the limit of your processor. You could also try adjusting the chipset voltage to a higher number to see if that helps. We tried several memory tweaks and that didn't work well. If you pass the Orthos blend test then just keep pushing the HTT. Keep your eye on the temps and hopefully we can hit 2.8Ghz.

Good luck
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 620 Asus M4A785-M Asus 5770 G.Skill 8GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD3200AAJS Windows 7 Pro Acer AL2216W, Samsung P2770 Corsair 550VX 
Case
Tagan Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 620 Asus M4A785-M Asus 5770 G.Skill 8GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD3200AAJS Windows 7 Pro Acer AL2216W, Samsung P2770 Corsair 550VX 
Case
Tagan Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 94
Thread Starter 
Heya, I would like to as a question. If i would to isolate my cpu and found out that my cpu could run lets say at 2.8Ghz stable. If i combine all my results from isolated results of ram, cpu and motherboard, would my cpu run slower compared to isolated?? Just want to comfirm something thats all.

Well, on the topic, seems i could not get higher. Trying now. Will post with results for higher speeds. If not, i guess its my limit.
New System*
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 5000+ Black Edition DFI LanParty 790FXB-M2RSH Nvidia XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog OCZ Titanium 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2x 80GB Seagate HD Windows XP Home Sliverstone Strider ST60F 600w Cooler Master Centrinion 534+ 
  hide details  
Reply
New System*
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 5000+ Black Edition DFI LanParty 790FXB-M2RSH Nvidia XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog OCZ Titanium 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2x 80GB Seagate HD Windows XP Home Sliverstone Strider ST60F 600w Cooler Master Centrinion 534+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexySamy View Post
Heya, I would like to as a question. If i would to isolate my cpu and found out that my cpu could run lets say at 2.8Ghz stable. If i combine all my results from isolated results of ram, cpu and motherboard, would my cpu run slower compared to isolated?? Just want to comfirm something thats all.

Well, on the topic, seems i could not get higher. Trying now. Will post with results for higher speeds. If not, i guess its my limit.
Samy, are you referring to isolating the maximum limits of each component?
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 620 Asus M4A785-M Asus 5770 G.Skill 8GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD3200AAJS Windows 7 Pro Acer AL2216W, Samsung P2770 Corsair 550VX 
Case
Tagan Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 620 Asus M4A785-M Asus 5770 G.Skill 8GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD3200AAJS Windows 7 Pro Acer AL2216W, Samsung P2770 Corsair 550VX 
Case
Tagan Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 94
your CPU should be able to run at 2.8ghz on 1.25vcore easy...

but it will take anywhere from 1.35vcore to 1.45vcore to hit 3Gs...

I can do it on 1.325vcore on my 4000 Brisbane with my LLKs but the Ballistix need 1.45v to get the same...
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 ECS P55 Black Edition 2-4850X2 (Quadfire) 2x2GB Geil Black Dragon 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x640 Raid 0 DVD-RW XPpro, Vista, Win in x32 and x64 flavors Acer 22in Wide Screen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Ergonomic Corsair TX-850 Black ATX MS Optical 
Mouse Pad
yea right... 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 ECS P55 Black Edition 2-4850X2 (Quadfire) 2x2GB Geil Black Dragon 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x640 Raid 0 DVD-RW XPpro, Vista, Win in x32 and x64 flavors Acer 22in Wide Screen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Ergonomic Corsair TX-850 Black ATX MS Optical 
Mouse Pad
yea right... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 94
Sammy, compare the BIOS temp to the full load and see if the BIOS temp is 80% of the full load.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X4 965 ASUS M4A79 Deluxe 9800GTx2 2x2G OCZ Reapers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500G WD Black LiteOn CD/DVD R/W Win7 64 22'' ws Acer AL2223W 
KeyboardPowerMouse
MS KU462 Natural SS DA750 MS 5 button 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X4 965 ASUS M4A79 Deluxe 9800GTx2 2x2G OCZ Reapers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500G WD Black LiteOn CD/DVD R/W Win7 64 22'' ws Acer AL2223W 
KeyboardPowerMouse
MS KU462 Natural SS DA750 MS 5 button 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_bowtie View Post
your CPU should be able to run at 2.8ghz on 1.25vcore easy...

but it will take anywhere from 1.35vcore to 1.45vcore to hit 3Gs...

I can do it on 1.325vcore on my 4000 Brisbane with my LLKs but the Ballistix need 1.45v to get the same...
Bowtie, is that a 4400+ OC? I'm assuming the OC averages would be a bit different when comparing a 4000+ to a 4400+.
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 620 Asus M4A785-M Asus 5770 G.Skill 8GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD3200AAJS Windows 7 Pro Acer AL2216W, Samsung P2770 Corsair 550VX 
Case
Tagan Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 620 Asus M4A785-M Asus 5770 G.Skill 8GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD3200AAJS Windows 7 Pro Acer AL2216W, Samsung P2770 Corsair 550VX 
Case
Tagan Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › 4400+ Brisbane overclocking with AMD TA690G MOBO