Overclock.net banner

3D Fusion GeForce 6200 LE 128MB w/ TurboCache

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  ramzzhakim 
#1 ·
I just bought a GeForce 6200 LE by 3D Fusion (BFG branch) from Staples. The box tells me that I need a 350W PCI Express compliant power supply... The GeForce 7300 GS is a much faster and more powerful but only requires a 250W power supply as long as you have +12 Volt current rating of 18 Amps.

Does the 6200 LE really need 350W or do you think I can get away with a 300W P/S for casual gaming.

Good advice/Comments will receive REP.

Thanks,

Blank

#2 ·
what kind of gaming? 6200 LE will barely run any recent 3D games.

#6 ·
A 300w PSU would run that 6200 just fine, it's barely any better then an onboard card.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlankThis View Post
Well it's not a system for me but it will be play WoW and BF2...

Blank
I'm not sure BF2 will be playable.

#11 ·
There's absolutely no problems with a 300W PSU... May I ask which CPU you will use? Perhaps if you plan to OC both a lot then you might end up a tad short on power.

I have a friend with a 6200 and he can even play BF2142, although with everything on the very minimum!

#12 ·
You will be able to play WoW + BF2 no problems... just remember to tune down settings...

I played WoW on integrated 6150 fine.
CoD4 on 6150 lowest settigns for everything ... it ran with average 20fps. Playable-ish.
CoD2 Medium settings @ 1024x768 with a 9250 (sig rig) just fine.
BF2 on it with low-medium settings. ran fine.

You wont have much problem... it just wont look as amazing as it could...

#13 ·
Thanks Zeag. +REP! He's running a AMD Athlon X2 4200+ if I remember correctly. There won't be any CPU overclocking but I might have a go at the card if what I hear is correct. Might have to boost some performance.

Thanks again.

Blank

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turnoz View Post
You will be able to play WoW + BF2 no problems... just remember to tune down settings...

I played WoW on integrated 6150 fine.
CoD4 on 6150 lowest settigns for everything ... it ran with average 20fps. Playable-ish.
CoD2 Medium settings @ 1024x768 with a 9250 (sig rig) just fine.
BF2 on it with low-medium settings. ran fine.

You wont have much problem... it just wont look as amazing as it could...
Thanks +REP! Right now he has like Radeon 7000 Onboard I think... BF2 is more like a slide-show.

Blank

#18 ·
I've got this exact card and it will be fine with any PSU. You'll be able to run all the games that have been mentioned at low settings. You can even play Oblivion if you don't mind making it look more like Morrowind. It really is not much of an improvement over intel integrated gfx, but at least it processes everything in hardware unlike the integrated that defers some of the more complex operations to the CPU.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

I'm not sure BF2 will be playable.

I built my girlfriend a computer and threw in my old 6200le and that baby runs BF@ with a small overclock, and also runs Lego Starwars! The LE is put down waaaay too much... Though it does kinda suck now. Don't buy one, but if you got one, I say use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.