Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [tgdaily] AMD’s Radeon 4800 in production
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[tgdaily] AMD’s Radeon 4800 in production - Page 7

post #61 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianGrimmReaper View Post
Then why is it called the HD 2900XT?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161173
It doesn't matter because the HD2*** cards still aren't compatible with the HD3* cards which is what you originally said.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 170 @ 2.81 on stock volts ASUS A8N5X XFX G92 8800GTS 2X1GB kingston DDR333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 250GB & Seagate 160GB Windows XP Pro SP3 P275 CRT Logitech Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Sparkle 550W CM 690 Intellimouse 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 170 @ 2.81 on stock volts ASUS A8N5X XFX G92 8800GTS 2X1GB kingston DDR333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 250GB & Seagate 160GB Windows XP Pro SP3 P275 CRT Logitech Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Sparkle 550W CM 690 Intellimouse 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooping^fish View Post
Wait...What the heck. 256bit bus? WHY?
Think about cars on the road. You can get the same number of cars from point A to point B by either having a two lane highway with a really high speed limit or having a wide four lane road with a slower speed limit. The same situation is occuring here. By having a narrower 256-bit bus and running high speed GDDR5, the GPU retains the same bandwidth. The benefit here is that you save space on the GPU die (ie. you save asphalt by only paving the two lane highway as opposed to needing at least twice as much asphalt in going with the four lane highway).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X2 5000+ BE Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2+ Integrated HD3200 2x2GB OCZ DDR2 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Maxtor 40GB Samsung 2220WM 22" Antec Neo HE 550W Ultra Wizard 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X2 5000+ BE Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2+ Integrated HD3200 2x2GB OCZ DDR2 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Maxtor 40GB Samsung 2220WM 22" Antec Neo HE 550W Ultra Wizard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickS View Post
It doesn't matter because the HD2*** cards still aren't compatible with the HD3* cards which is what you originally said.
I've seen people running them in CF... I swear, it can be done.
post #64 of 105
SOOO many wrong facts running around here. People who think clocks make memory bandwith all together. People who think the 3870 is just a 2900 w/ 256bit bus. I mean cmon, get your facts straight before you post nonsense its annoying because people believe alot of the things you say to be true.
Unto The Void
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6800k Gigabyte G1 X99-Phoenix SLI Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 32GB RipJaw 4 DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 500GB Crucial M4 2 x Spinpoint F1 Samsung 850 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 LG Ultrawide 29" Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 810 EVGA P2 650 Watt In Win 303 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
Unto The Void
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6800k Gigabyte G1 X99-Phoenix SLI Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 32GB RipJaw 4 DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 500GB Crucial M4 2 x Spinpoint F1 Samsung 850 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 LG Ultrawide 29" Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 810 EVGA P2 650 Watt In Win 303 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianGrimmReaper View Post
I've seen people running them in CF... I swear, it can be done.
And your right, there's a review that has the HD 3870 in CF with a HD 2900XT. Performance isn't great but it does work and it does improve over single card.

EDIT: Found it! http://xtreview.com/addcomment-id-38...Crossfire.html
Dirty Intel
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k @ stock for now GA-Z270X-GAMING-K5 MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G 16GB DDR4 3200 TridentZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Seagate 3TB 2xSamsung DVD-RW Corsair H115i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home 64-bit ASUS VG248QE 24" 1080P 144Hz Logitech G19 Corsair 750TX 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750D Logitech G502 Onboard Realtek ALC1220 
  hide details  
Reply
Dirty Intel
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k @ stock for now GA-Z270X-GAMING-K5 MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G 16GB DDR4 3200 TridentZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Seagate 3TB 2xSamsung DVD-RW Corsair H115i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home 64-bit ASUS VG248QE 24" 1080P 144Hz Logitech G19 Corsair 750TX 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750D Logitech G502 Onboard Realtek ALC1220 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooping^fish View Post
Wait...What the heck. 256bit bus? WHY?
512bit interfaces wielded little gains over 256bit and it has GDDR5 so even if there was a difference it would be completely bypassed.

(GDDR5 on this card is clocked in at over 4ghz.)
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 105
Sound's juicy for ATI AMD fanboys, however I guarantee there will be driver issues, thats something their goofy programmers can't fix. I bet it will be a budget price to the top version will probably be 350 or 400 ,,, good thread, very informative!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Q6600 GO @ 3760 Mhz@1.504v 0.0 vdrop ASUS P5K @ 1880 Mhz FSB @1.7v Pencil Voltmod 470x8 EVGA 8800 GT SC @740/1850/1085 Mhz@1.1v G.SKILL PC8000 8GB 2GBx4@ 940 Mhz@2.10v@5-5-4-12 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Tt iCage SATA WDC 320GB & 120GB Barracuda 80GB Memorex External DVD RAM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM 7600 24" Sony FW900@ 2304x1440@80hz/23"Dell W2300 HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula with Battle Light Tt ToughPower Modularized Cable Managment@700w Black Full Tt Big WaterSE Tt P500 Pump & TMG2 Rad Razer Lachesis 
Mouse Pad
Razer 3M Precise Mousing Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Q6600 GO @ 3760 Mhz@1.504v 0.0 vdrop ASUS P5K @ 1880 Mhz FSB @1.7v Pencil Voltmod 470x8 EVGA 8800 GT SC @740/1850/1085 Mhz@1.1v G.SKILL PC8000 8GB 2GBx4@ 940 Mhz@2.10v@5-5-4-12 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Tt iCage SATA WDC 320GB & 120GB Barracuda 80GB Memorex External DVD RAM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM 7600 24" Sony FW900@ 2304x1440@80hz/23"Dell W2300 HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula with Battle Light Tt ToughPower Modularized Cable Managment@700w Black Full Tt Big WaterSE Tt P500 Pump & TMG2 Rad Razer Lachesis 
Mouse Pad
Razer 3M Precise Mousing Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakboy View Post
Sound's juicy for ATI AMD fanboys, however I guarantee there will be driver issues, thats something their goofy programmers can't fix. I bet it will be a budget price to the top version will probably be 350 or 400 ,,, good thread, very informative!
After owning all nVidia cards up until my recent switch to my 3870. I can thoroughly and informatively tell you nVidia has abysmal drivers, and AMD's are beyond satisfactory. With nVidia i constantly had crashes and all sorts of other issues. With my 3870 even on the latest games and the oldest games i have never once had a driver related issue of any kind. Never once has my rig crashed over it, i can't say the same for nVidia on any of the nVidia cards i have owned in my life.
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinnuke View Post
SOOO many wrong facts running around here. People who think clocks make memory bandwith all together. People who think the 3870 is just a 2900 w/ 256bit bus. I mean cmon, get your facts straight before you post nonsense its annoying because people believe alot of the things you say to be true.
Ummm, it's not wrong- with the memory bandwidth at least- memory bandwidth is just a function of memory speed and bus width. Really simple.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Theoretical maximum memory bandwidth is typically computed by multiplying the width of the interface by the frequency at which it transfers data.
HP pazillion
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
opteron 165 @2.5Ghz (278x9) -- 1.375v asus a8n-e GIGABYTE HD3850 512MB 780/880 2 x 1GB OCZ Platinum DDR400 2.5-3-2-8 @228Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 80GB 7200.10's in RAID 0; 1 320GB 7200.10 memorex DVD+-DL Win7 x64 and Vista x64 samsung 906BW 19in. WS 
Power
coolerMaster 450W 
  hide details  
Reply
HP pazillion
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
opteron 165 @2.5Ghz (278x9) -- 1.375v asus a8n-e GIGABYTE HD3850 512MB 780/880 2 x 1GB OCZ Platinum DDR400 2.5-3-2-8 @228Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 80GB 7200.10's in RAID 0; 1 320GB 7200.10 memorex DVD+-DL Win7 x64 and Vista x64 samsung 906BW 19in. WS 
Power
coolerMaster 450W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakboy View Post
Sound's juicy for ATI AMD fanboys, however I guarantee there will be driver issues, thats something their goofy programmers can't fix. I bet it will be a budget price to the top version will probably be 350 or 400 ,,, good thread, very informative!

Uhh yeah just like Nvidias picture perfect Vista drivers eh? Did you know they caused more reported Vista crashes in 2007 than anything else?

http://gizmodo.com/373076/nvidia-res...rashes-in-2007
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [tgdaily] AMD’s Radeon 4800 in production