Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How to put a 8800GTs in a dell lol...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to put a 8800GTs in a dell lol... - Page 2

post #11 of 129
Here's a Dell with the same type case with an 8800GT (sort of like mine, but not mine-don't own camera)



post #12 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpo6969 View Post
Here's a Dell with the same type case with an 8800GT (sort of like mine, but not mine-don't own camera)



Thats how you properly get a dell working..

And it will flame because its a dell. We here at OCN dont really Fancy anything that dont overclock.. Discluding PSU's and Hard drives!
post #13 of 129
Flame on.
post #14 of 129
Thread Starter 
nice sublime I wish I had the know how to build a nice rig like that looks awsome!
A.D.D.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200 Not sure anymore 8800-GTS g80 2gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120g Vista 32bit LG lcd OCZ 650w 
Case
Hp case 
  hide details  
Reply
A.D.D.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200 Not sure anymore 8800-GTS g80 2gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120g Vista 32bit LG lcd OCZ 650w 
Case
Hp case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroDell View Post
Why would this turn into a flame thread

I dont know a whole heck of allot about computers ive been doing tons of asking here to try and have been getting some great feedback from my questions.

So why do you say i will need a new power supply?
You need a new power suply because I doubt it suplies half of the power needed for maintaining that card. Theres more to power suplies than just the amount of wattage. You also need to check yout 12v rails.

8800GTS need at least 26 amps on your 12+ lines of your power suply Im running like 43 and then some.
post #16 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroDell View Post
Why would this turn into a flame thread

I dont know a whole heck of allot about computers ive been doing tons of asking here to try and have been getting some great feedback from my questions.

So why do you say i will need a new power supply?
We're saying you need a new power supply because the stock Dell power supply is 200w. The one in your sig is 450w...don't know for sure which one you have in there. But either one is too small for an 8800GT. You need AT LEAST a 500w power supply with enough amperage on the 12v rail to keep you from frying components eventually. And that's on the smallest PSU I'd recommend to ANYONE with such a graphics card. 30+ amps on the 12v rail is a MUST with a big GPU like that. And it must be stable....neither the one in your sig, nor a stock Dell is going to do that for you.

And this WILL become a flame war because that's just how these things work. I commend you for being creative with your Dell....you really should have researched how to do this correctly first though....without ruining your poor card . I do have to say, very ingenious idea you had...you just could have executed a little nicer I think.
Junkyard
(18 items)
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2320 @ 3.1GHz MSI B75MA-E33 HIS HD7970 3GB @ 1050 / 1700, 1.17v Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD Green 2TB DVDRW Corsair H50 Push / Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT 120mm fans strapped to stock 7970 cooler Windows 10 Pro Dell 3007WFP Dell 2007FP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2007FP Cheap Toshiba (R.I.P. Ducky) PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKIII 950w Cheap Garbage (free) 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Yardsale Special 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
Junkyard
(18 items)
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2320 @ 3.1GHz MSI B75MA-E33 HIS HD7970 3GB @ 1050 / 1700, 1.17v Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD Green 2TB DVDRW Corsair H50 Push / Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT 120mm fans strapped to stock 7970 cooler Windows 10 Pro Dell 3007WFP Dell 2007FP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2007FP Cheap Toshiba (R.I.P. Ducky) PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKIII 950w Cheap Garbage (free) 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Yardsale Special 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 129
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime0 View Post
You need a new power suply because I doubt it suplies half of the power needed for maintaining that card. Theres more to power suplies than just the amount of wattage. You also need to check yout 12v rails.

8800GTS need at least 26 amps on your 12+ lines of your power suply Im running like 43 and then some.
honestly I have no idea what most of this ment
A.D.D.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200 Not sure anymore 8800-GTS g80 2gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120g Vista 32bit LG lcd OCZ 650w 
Case
Hp case 
  hide details  
Reply
A.D.D.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200 Not sure anymore 8800-GTS g80 2gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120g Vista 32bit LG lcd OCZ 650w 
Case
Hp case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
We're saying you need a new power supply because the stock Dell power supply is 200w. The one in your sig is 450w...don't know for sure which one you have in there. But either one is too small for an 8800GT. You need AT LEAST a 500w power supply with enough amperage on the 12v rail to keep you from frying components eventually. And that's on the smallest PSU I'd recommend to ANYONE with such a graphics card. 30+ amps on the 12v rail is a MUST with a big GPU like that. And it must be stable....neither the one in your sig, nor a stock Dell is going to do that for you.

And this WILL become a flame war because that's just how these things work. I commend you for being creative with your Dell....you really should have researched how to do this correctly first though....without ruining your poor card . I do have to say, very ingenious idea you had...you just could have executed a little nicer I think.
HAHAHAH I answered all of that in like 2 sentences before you hahaha.. I win.. Im just kidding.. But you said it correctly.. +1 pioneer!
post #19 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime0 View Post
Thats how you properly get a dell working..

And it will flame because its a dell. We here at OCN dont really Fancy anything that dont overclock.. Discluding PSU's and Hard drives!
That's why I'm building my own, passing the Dell to my mother.
post #20 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpo6969 View Post
That's why I'm building my own, passing the Dell to my mother.


The dell you showed a pic of was actualy rather nice!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How to put a 8800GTs in a dell lol...