Overclock.net banner

E2220(2220 not 2200)

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  error10 
#1 ·
My board isnt really a good clocker so i would like to know if BSEL mod is possible on the new out E2220 not the E2200

I'm selling my quad i realized i really dont need a quad after i bought it. Rather have some C2D running aeound 3.5 24/7.

Thank you.

#2 ·
you're asking a lot if you want to hit 3.5 on such a chip... it's not very often that it comes along...

if i were you i'd keep the quad.

• Rep+
Reactions: 1uMmah
#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^
View Post

you're asking a lot if you want to hit 3.5 on such a chip... it's not very often that it comes along...

if i were you i'd keep the quad.

Its default clock is at 2.4 GHz, you really dont think it will hit a 1 GHz overclock? I see it clock @ 2.7 3.7 in a review on default voltage??!!?

back to question, is bsel mod possible? it doesnt have to be 3.5, somewhat close.

#7 ·
i somehow fail to believe that that is going to be an OC many people can hit... 'sides, i thought these chips had FSB walls...

#8 ·
Performace wise Q6600 will be better then E2*** beacuse of the L2 which is 8MB.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
Performace wise Q6600 will be better then E2*** beacuse of the L2 which is 8MB.
Yes I realize that but i dont do much hard stress stuff on my PC, other then nero movie converting.

Now back to the Topic: Is BSEL mod possible on a E2220?

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^ View Post
i somehow fail to believe that that is going to be an OC many people can hit... 'sides, i thought these chips had FSB walls...
Thats why I want to know if BSEL is possible, that way atleast I can max out the OC.

#11 ·
Bsel = ?

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1uMmah View Post
Thats why I want to know if BSEL is possible, that way atleast I can max out the OC.
bsel only helps if you can not adjust FSB in BIOS, otherwise it doesn't do anything for you. Whether a bsel mod works depends on your board and not on the cpu.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jihe View Post
bsel only helps if you can not adjust FSB in BIOS, otherwise it doesn't do anything for you. Whether a bsel mod works depends on your board and not on the cpu.
Like I posted in my original post, my board isnt really a good clocker, wont do more than .8 ghz on a E2180.

And another thing is BSEL does not depend much on the board, it actually depends on the CPU. All E2xx0 series are capable and ALL E45xx series. THe E2220 is the new one out, so I just want to make sure if it will work or no.

#14 ·
Keep the quad. These chips are good, but cache limitation does become apparent. If you can afford a Q6600 what's the problem?

If you want a monster overclocker check the E2160 M0 or the E2180s out. Those have been getting 100% overclocks on water.

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1uMmah View Post
Like I posted in my original post, my board isnt really a good clocker, wont do more than .8 ghz on a E2180.

And another thing is BSEL does not depend much on the board, it actually depends on the CPU. All E2xx0 series are capable and ALL E45xx series. THe E2220 is the new one out, so I just want to make sure if it will work or no.
If your board can do 266FSB then there is no point for bsel mod.

I have heard that bsel mods do not work on gigabyte boards., and whether the 333FSB mod works depends on if your board supports native 333.

#17 ·
I'm running my E2200 at 266x11. I really should bump up the FSB, just haven't gotten around to it since I don't do anything with the box except fold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.