Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How about this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How about this? - Page 5

post #41 of 68
I still stand in the 9600gt camp :/
A GTS is overkill big time. Just get an 8800gt or 9600gt, don't want to see a thread saying...why do I only have 7k 3dmarks with my GTS
If you overclock your cpu the bottleneck will be less but deinately still there.
post #42 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr3az View Post
Have you tried overclocking your 2600? Was the game better with your GeForce? Why in the name of god they replaced your video card when your mobo broke down?????
I overclocked but no use.
Everything was fine with GeForce.
They were total d.i.c.k heads.
Ordi Classic +
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
915 D 2.80 GHz Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 Radeon HD 2600 PRO 2 x 512MB 4300-533 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
250GB Seagate S-ATA II 8M DVD/RW Liteon 18A1P 12xRAM Windows XP Home Edition PSU 400W Chieftec GPS-400AA-101A 
Case
400W Colors 8024-A1 ORDI 
  hide details  
Reply
Ordi Classic +
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
915 D 2.80 GHz Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 Radeon HD 2600 PRO 2 x 512MB 4300-533 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
250GB Seagate S-ATA II 8M DVD/RW Liteon 18A1P 12xRAM Windows XP Home Edition PSU 400W Chieftec GPS-400AA-101A 
Case
400W Colors 8024-A1 ORDI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 68
Thread Starter 
Ok good night.

Keep posting
Ordi Classic +
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
915 D 2.80 GHz Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 Radeon HD 2600 PRO 2 x 512MB 4300-533 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
250GB Seagate S-ATA II 8M DVD/RW Liteon 18A1P 12xRAM Windows XP Home Edition PSU 400W Chieftec GPS-400AA-101A 
Case
400W Colors 8024-A1 ORDI 
  hide details  
Reply
Ordi Classic +
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
915 D 2.80 GHz Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 Radeon HD 2600 PRO 2 x 512MB 4300-533 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
250GB Seagate S-ATA II 8M DVD/RW Liteon 18A1P 12xRAM Windows XP Home Edition PSU 400W Chieftec GPS-400AA-101A 
Case
400W Colors 8024-A1 ORDI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeejunky View Post
I still stand in the 9600gt camp :/
A GTS is overkill big time.
What do you mean with overkill?
Ordi Classic +
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
915 D 2.80 GHz Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 Radeon HD 2600 PRO 2 x 512MB 4300-533 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
250GB Seagate S-ATA II 8M DVD/RW Liteon 18A1P 12xRAM Windows XP Home Edition PSU 400W Chieftec GPS-400AA-101A 
Case
400W Colors 8024-A1 ORDI 
  hide details  
Reply
Ordi Classic +
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
915 D 2.80 GHz Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 Radeon HD 2600 PRO 2 x 512MB 4300-533 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
250GB Seagate S-ATA II 8M DVD/RW Liteon 18A1P 12xRAM Windows XP Home Edition PSU 400W Chieftec GPS-400AA-101A 
Case
400W Colors 8024-A1 ORDI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSarapuu View Post
What do you mean with overkill?
It will be bottlenecked. You will see little gain from a GTS vs a 8800GT on your pc. However, if you plan on building a new pc in the next year maybe the GTS would be worthwhile.

Also, I'm worried about your PSU with a GTS, its not really enogh for a 8800gt. IMO get a cheaper GPU and put the rest towards a good psu (e.g. Corsair, Thermaltake)
post #46 of 68
I agree. With his system, he should save the money and stick with either a 9600GT, 8800GT, or if he changes his mind on ATi, a 3850 or 3870. Anything beyond that and I don't think his system would be able to show him the benefits of having a more powerful card.
post #47 of 68
Thread Starter 
From NVidia:

GTS and GT both require 400 watts (that's what my PSU has).
GTS has twice faster Texture Fill Rate.
GTS has 64GB Maximum Memory Bandwidth against GT's 57.6GB.
GTS Graphics Performance is 30x against GT's 28x.
GTS's Bus Type is PCI-E, GT has PCI-E 2.0 (my mobo supports PCI-E)

Please tell me, why you think GT would be better?
They have same requirements.
Ordi Classic +
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
915 D 2.80 GHz Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 Radeon HD 2600 PRO 2 x 512MB 4300-533 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
250GB Seagate S-ATA II 8M DVD/RW Liteon 18A1P 12xRAM Windows XP Home Edition PSU 400W Chieftec GPS-400AA-101A 
Case
400W Colors 8024-A1 ORDI 
  hide details  
Reply
Ordi Classic +
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
915 D 2.80 GHz Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 Radeon HD 2600 PRO 2 x 512MB 4300-533 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
250GB Seagate S-ATA II 8M DVD/RW Liteon 18A1P 12xRAM Windows XP Home Edition PSU 400W Chieftec GPS-400AA-101A 
Case
400W Colors 8024-A1 ORDI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 68
The 8800GTS 512MB is more powerful than the 8800GT any day of the week; it's not even arguable. Why you are being recommended the GT is because your computer isn't powerful enough to allow the GTS to run in 'all it's glory'. The performance of the card would be slowed because it would in effect be "waiting" for your system to process it's part of the gaming experience. With all that in mind, you should save your money and buy a card more closely matched to what your computer can do.

EDIT:

Let's say you had a system much like the one I recommended to you earlier. That Core 2 Duo and DDR2 memory would be able to keep up with a GTS 512 no problem. In that case, the GTS 512 would be the obvious recommendation for you. Great bang for the buck. Since I, along with others here, don't think your system is fast enough, we're recommending a cheaper card in an effort to make sure you don't waste money on something you can't use.

You could put something crazy in your PC like a 9800GX2 but since the rest of the system is older and past its prime, someone with, for example, my PC and a 8800GTS (costing less than half of a GX2) would likely outperform you.
post #49 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSarapuu View Post
From NVidia:

GTS and GT both require 400 watts (that's what my PSU has).
GTS has twice faster Texture Fill Rate.
GTS has 64GB Maximum Memory Bandwidth against GT's 57.6GB.
GTS Graphics Performance is 30x against GT's 28x.
GTS's Bus Type is PCI-E, GT has PCI-E 2.0 (my mobo supports PCI-E)

Please tell me, why you think GT would be better?
They have same requirements.
Let me make an analogy. Maybe you are into cars... If my buddy is looking to buy some stuff for his 1.6l civic that's only a SOHC. Well he decides the first thing he wants to buy is a t3/4 turbo kit.

Sure he's going to see a performance increase with the light amount of boost he can probably run on that motor.

Or

He can swap out the engine with a B18C 1.8l DOHC motor and build a turbo system to go around a motor that would actually take advantage of it.

In short you can go buy a GX2 and you will see improved frame rates. You could probably spend the same money on a 9600GT or 8800GT or 8800GTS 512mb and see the same exact frame rates.

This is why they are telling you that a GT will be just as good as the GTS. If you are planning to build up your cpu/mb/ram in the near future after this video card then get a GTS.
post #50 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviastud View Post
Let me make an analogy. Maybe you are into cars... If my buddy is looking to buy some stuff for his 1.6l civic that's only a SOHC. Well he decides the first thing he wants to buy is a t3/4 turbo kit.

Sure he's going to see a performance increase with the light amount of boost he can probably run on that motor.

Or

He can swap out the engine with a B18C 1.8l DOHC motor and build a turbo system to go around a motor that would actually take advantage of it.

In short you can go buy a GX2 and you will see improved frame rates. You could probably spend the same money on a 9600GT or 8800GT or 8800GTS 512mb and see the same exact frame rates.

This is why they are telling you that a GT will be just as good as the GTS. If you are planning to build up your cpu/mb/ram in the near future after this video card then get a GTS.
Nice analogy. Judging by your name you have a 240SX?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How about this?