Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › >> Q9300 Club <<
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

>> Q9300 Club << - Page 77

post #761 of 810
almost there..
390
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2130687

this ur idle or load voltage? @drfire

20$ for q9300 is a nice deal biggrin.gif ..well oced it can pump almost any geforce 5xx series, it finds its end with the 580 imo.. good luck with that chip
over 450 should be easily possible.. raise vcore fsb and nbvoltage in the bios. look around here for other peoples vcore and find your needed voltage thru
primin with small ffts. should be something 1.35-1.45 nbvoltage needed,depends on hardware.. have fund biggrin.gif @flowtek
Edited by smex - 12/21/11 at 8:27pm
post #762 of 810
It is my load voltage.
My Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 8800GT 4GB Gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3.3TB over 5 Drives LG Blu-ray Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster T240HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard Media PS/2 Keyboard Antec EarthWatts 600W Antec Sonata Elite Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 8800GT 4GB Gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3.3TB over 5 Drives LG Blu-ray Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster T240HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard Media PS/2 Keyboard Antec EarthWatts 600W Antec Sonata Elite Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #763 of 810
Hey guys!

What sort of overclocks are you guys getting with DDR2 800? thumb.gif

Also i don't suppose i could apply to join? Or at least take a CPU-Z screenshot with my multi at 7.5! tongue.gif
 
Seven Seven Five
(12 items)
 
NASSY
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Convertible i5 3570k (De-Lidded) Gigabyte Z77x-D3H XFX R9 290 With Koolance Block (1179/1450) 16GB G-Skill Ares 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Seagate Barracuda 2TB 1x OEM DVD Drives Heatkiller Rev 3.0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX360 Laing D5 + XSPC Res Primochill Bloodshed Red Tubing Koolance Fullcover R9 290x Block 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC EX360 Windows 10 Pro x64 Asus VEH228H Asus VE228H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Aavara TS742 Dual Monitor Stand Ducky Shine II Cherry Blue RED Backlit Mechanic... Silverstone Strider 850W Thermaltake Core x71 Tempered Glass Riing Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Zowie FK1 House of Stealth Microlab Solo6c Logitech C100 Webcam 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Celeron N3160 HD Graphics 400 4GB DDR3 4TB WD Red 
Cooling
Some 120mm fan 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Seven Seven Five
(12 items)
 
NASSY
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Convertible i5 3570k (De-Lidded) Gigabyte Z77x-D3H XFX R9 290 With Koolance Block (1179/1450) 16GB G-Skill Ares 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Seagate Barracuda 2TB 1x OEM DVD Drives Heatkiller Rev 3.0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX360 Laing D5 + XSPC Res Primochill Bloodshed Red Tubing Koolance Fullcover R9 290x Block 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC EX360 Windows 10 Pro x64 Asus VEH228H Asus VE228H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Aavara TS742 Dual Monitor Stand Ducky Shine II Cherry Blue RED Backlit Mechanic... Silverstone Strider 850W Thermaltake Core x71 Tempered Glass Riing Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Zowie FK1 House of Stealth Microlab Solo6c Logitech C100 Webcam 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Celeron N3160 HD Graphics 400 4GB DDR3 4TB WD Red 
Cooling
Some 120mm fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #764 of 810
do not expect too much of ddr800.. ive seen some cases between 420-430 with some good voltage increase.. going towards 480+ needs 1066 ram at least, but i guess you know that (;
post #765 of 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by smex View Post

do not expect too much of ddr800.. ive seen some cases between 420-430 with some good voltage increase.. going towards 480+ needs 1066 ram at least, but i guess you know that (;

Yeah, i'm not spending money on getting less ram. tongue.gif
I had it benching at 3.7GHz once, but once i used more then 2GB total in stress tests it would BSOD. I know 425 runs fine at 2.0v so i guess i'll leave it at 3.4GHz! thumb.gif
 
Seven Seven Five
(12 items)
 
NASSY
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Convertible i5 3570k (De-Lidded) Gigabyte Z77x-D3H XFX R9 290 With Koolance Block (1179/1450) 16GB G-Skill Ares 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Seagate Barracuda 2TB 1x OEM DVD Drives Heatkiller Rev 3.0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX360 Laing D5 + XSPC Res Primochill Bloodshed Red Tubing Koolance Fullcover R9 290x Block 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC EX360 Windows 10 Pro x64 Asus VEH228H Asus VE228H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Aavara TS742 Dual Monitor Stand Ducky Shine II Cherry Blue RED Backlit Mechanic... Silverstone Strider 850W Thermaltake Core x71 Tempered Glass Riing Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Zowie FK1 House of Stealth Microlab Solo6c Logitech C100 Webcam 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Celeron N3160 HD Graphics 400 4GB DDR3 4TB WD Red 
Cooling
Some 120mm fan 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Seven Seven Five
(12 items)
 
NASSY
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Convertible i5 3570k (De-Lidded) Gigabyte Z77x-D3H XFX R9 290 With Koolance Block (1179/1450) 16GB G-Skill Ares 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Seagate Barracuda 2TB 1x OEM DVD Drives Heatkiller Rev 3.0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX360 Laing D5 + XSPC Res Primochill Bloodshed Red Tubing Koolance Fullcover R9 290x Block 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC EX360 Windows 10 Pro x64 Asus VEH228H Asus VE228H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Aavara TS742 Dual Monitor Stand Ducky Shine II Cherry Blue RED Backlit Mechanic... Silverstone Strider 850W Thermaltake Core x71 Tempered Glass Riing Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Zowie FK1 House of Stealth Microlab Solo6c Logitech C100 Webcam 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Celeron N3160 HD Graphics 400 4GB DDR3 4TB WD Red 
Cooling
Some 120mm fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #766 of 810
3.4 should do it for the near future .. maybe u get some second-hand ramstix by luck anytime? biggrin.gif
with much luck u´ll hit (almost?) 4ghz.. think 3.8 to 3.9 for sure
Edited by smex - 2/25/12 at 1:28am
post #767 of 810
**** with this MB. I have Q9300, im trying to overclock it, but MB's load line calibration doesn't work frown.gif Without LLC I've a huge vdroop: set in bios 1,400v, under prime95 or IBT voltage is 1,32v. I tried to put LLC on, but I had BSOD 0x00000124 at "Welcome" or "Starting Windows". My mobo is Asus P5E3 Deluxe with 1502 bios. My Q9300 is right now 3300Mhz, 1.400v, without llc and it is stable as rock and my cooler is Mugen 2.

Does anybody know the solution?

PS: does anybody know how to unlock the CPU's multiplier wink.gif
post #768 of 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormapaappa View Post

**** with this MB. I have Q9300, im trying to overclock it, but MB's load line calibration doesn't work frown.gif Without LLC I've a huge vdroop: set in bios 1,400v, under prime95 or IBT voltage is 1,32v. I tried to put LLC on, but I had BSOD 0x00000124 at "Welcome" or "Starting Windows". My mobo is Asus P5E3 Deluxe with 1502 bios. My Q9300 is right now 3300Mhz, 1.400v, without llc and it is stable as rock and my cooler is Mugen 2.
Does anybody know the solution?
PS: does anybody know how to unlock the CPU's multiplier wink.gif

dont bother about bios voltage.. 1.32 is the setting.. u can go to 1.362 in cpuz.. guess with luck u could make it to 3.5
what ram do you have? maybe you need a little less vcore than you think cuz of ram instability?! and what is the VID of yo cpu?

edit: and feel free to add yo sys specs upper right @rigbuilder
post #769 of 810
Oops, forgot specs, so:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi (1502 BIOS)
2x Kingston 2gb 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (in previsious post worked at ~1500Mhz 9-9-9-24 1,7v)
Scythe Mugen 2

I just noticed, the memory timings don't work with this board. Tried 1111Mhz 9-9-9-24: won't even post, 1111Mhz 8-8-8-21 posts and works stable. Only few settings work. :/ What a buggy bios.
I just worry cos' the idle voltage is 1,408 (is that too much) and in IBT run it drops to 1,360v - 1,350v. Vcore is now set to 1,4500. With this voltage I can get 3450Mhz stable, memory settings 1226Mhz 8-8-8-21. Temperatures are about 75 max with ibt. What is the max 24/7 voltage for northbridge, or FSB termination voltage? 3450Mhz needs 1,40v FSB and 1,51 NB.

Edit: 455FSB looks stable: NB stock voltage, FSB termination stock voltage: vcore 1,4v (1,320v - 1,360v), RAM 682Mhz 7-7-7-18 1,65v. 460FSB is under testing again with that voltages: Stable biggrin.gif

So, what did we learn: my RAM-timings were bad AND FSB Strap to North Bridge auto, not 400Mhz
Edited by Jormapaappa - 3/30/12 at 11:45am
post #770 of 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormapaappa View Post

Oops, forgot specs, so:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi (1502 BIOS)
2x Kingston 2gb 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (in previsious post worked at ~1500Mhz 9-9-9-24 1,7v)
Scythe Mugen 2
I just noticed, the memory timings don't work with this board. Tried 1111Mhz 9-9-9-24: won't even post, 1111Mhz 8-8-8-21 posts and works stable. Only few settings work. :/ What a buggy bios.
I just worry cos' the idle voltage is 1,408 (is that too much) and in IBT run it drops to 1,360v - 1,350v. Vcore is now set to 1,4500. With this voltage I can get 3450Mhz stable, memory settings 1226Mhz 8-8-8-21. Temperatures are about 75 max with ibt. What is the max 24/7 voltage for northbridge, or FSB termination voltage? 3450Mhz needs 1,40v FSB and 1,51 NB.
Edit: 455FSB looks stable: NB stock voltage, FSB termination stock voltage: vcore 1,4v (1,320v - 1,360v), RAM 682Mhz 7-7-7-18 1,65v. 460FSB is under testing again with that voltages: Stable biggrin.gif
So, what did we learn: my RAM-timings were bad AND FSB Strap to North Bridge auto, not 400Mhz

you can see the VID in realtemp. its a good prog for temps too.. go to settings and set the tjmax to 100°C for each core for the correct temps.
the max NB voltage.. hmm i use 1.46 for 470mhz, but i replaced the stock NB cooler with this one
697
the mugen2 was able to cool an oc between 3.5 and 3.6ghz with push pull.
open CPU-Z and go to memory, what are the timings and voltages shown for your ram? what does the manufacturer say? maybe you need a lil more dram voltage (not NB) ?!
try searchin some overclocks on your board with the same or a similar cpu because i do not have the same hardware and i can only guess some things.
look here http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core2quad-q9300_6.html
the CPU PLL in the link is way too high.. standard is 1.5 and i never went over 1.6.. try leaving fsb term voltage on auto, with my p5q i had problems with 3.5ghz not going over 3.5v
like i said, study your hardware and try to make new settings with yo experience..
if nothing works 3.45 is still a good overclock, just try to find the lowest voltages for it.. but i think 3.5 should be doable.. GL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › >> Q9300 Club <<