Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › My new PC!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My new PC!!!!! - Page 2

post #11 of 47
no joke the 9800GTX is Swwwweeeeett!!!!

i want another one
Onlinegamekeys
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel core 2 duo E6420 evga 680i A1 BFG 9800GTX Stock Corsair 2GB XMS2 Dominator 8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x Raptor 74gb 1x 160gb 7200rpm lg dvd rom and lite dvdrw+cdrw Windows xp 32bit pro samsung 24 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse Pad
mx3000 OCZ GameXStream 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 cm stacker 830 silver razer exactmat 
  hide details  
Reply
Onlinegamekeys
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel core 2 duo E6420 evga 680i A1 BFG 9800GTX Stock Corsair 2GB XMS2 Dominator 8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x Raptor 74gb 1x 160gb 7200rpm lg dvd rom and lite dvdrw+cdrw Windows xp 32bit pro samsung 24 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse Pad
mx3000 OCZ GameXStream 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 cm stacker 830 silver razer exactmat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 47
...but porky just stated he has 4gb...

Nice rig mate!
Chris-PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-920 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R HIS R9 280X IceQ X2 Turbo OC 6GB DDR3 SuperTalent 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 250GB EVO SSD (Internal) 2TB WD Black HDD (Internal) 4TB WD My Book HDD (External) LG 18X DVD-RW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Antec TruQuiet 140mm (X5) Antec TruQuiet 120mm (X2) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 23" Samsung 2333HD 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II XFX Pro 650W Core Edition Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ (XL) Epiphany Acoustics EHP-02 AMP + DAC Audio-Technica ATH-M50X 
  hide details  
Reply
Chris-PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-920 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R HIS R9 280X IceQ X2 Turbo OC 6GB DDR3 SuperTalent 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 250GB EVO SSD (Internal) 2TB WD Black HDD (Internal) 4TB WD My Book HDD (External) LG 18X DVD-RW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Antec TruQuiet 140mm (X5) Antec TruQuiet 120mm (X2) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 23" Samsung 2333HD 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II XFX Pro 650W Core Edition Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ (XL) Epiphany Acoustics EHP-02 AMP + DAC Audio-Technica ATH-M50X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 47
No son, Hard drive = faster loading times

None of my games max out 2GB of ram

And his GFX Card is good
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
@RMA @RMA EVGA 8800GT @700/1755/2040 2GB OCZ Plat.Rev2 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Maxtor Diamondmax 200GB Vista XP Aspire 550W Thermaltake Shark 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
@RMA @RMA EVGA 8800GT @700/1755/2040 2GB OCZ Plat.Rev2 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Maxtor Diamondmax 200GB Vista XP Aspire 550W Thermaltake Shark 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 47
NICE the Cosmos S is awesome!
LittleDevil
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus Rampage III Gene EVGA GTX 470 Corsair Dominator 3 x 2GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit Samsung P2770H Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX750W NZXT Vulcan Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
LittleDevil
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus Rampage III Gene EVGA GTX 470 Corsair Dominator 3 x 2GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit Samsung P2770H Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX750W NZXT Vulcan Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntSheep View Post
No son, Hard drive = faster loading times

None of my games max out 2GB of ram

And his GFX Card is good
So you are saying when I open 200 images in Photoshop you are saying that is all being stored on the HD, and 0% from the memory?

Who said anything about games using 4 gb of ram?

Son.
Gran Torino
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo 6850 3.0 ABIT IP35 PRO EVGA 8800GTS KO/ EVGA 8600GT 4gb Patriot DDR2 6400 5-5-5-12 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3 Western Digital SATA's. Sony DVD-RW Combo Vista Home Premium 64 3 Westinghouse 22in Widescreens 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
2 Doller Special Corsair 620 Watt Antec 182B Logitech G5 laser 
Mouse Pad
ALLSOP Aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
Gran Torino
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo 6850 3.0 ABIT IP35 PRO EVGA 8800GTS KO/ EVGA 8600GT 4gb Patriot DDR2 6400 5-5-5-12 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3 Western Digital SATA's. Sony DVD-RW Combo Vista Home Premium 64 3 Westinghouse 22in Widescreens 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
2 Doller Special Corsair 620 Watt Antec 182B Logitech G5 laser 
Mouse Pad
ALLSOP Aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 47
Why would you want to open 200 images on photoshop?

Just because you can?

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
@RMA @RMA EVGA 8800GT @700/1755/2040 2GB OCZ Plat.Rev2 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Maxtor Diamondmax 200GB Vista XP Aspire 550W Thermaltake Shark 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
@RMA @RMA EVGA 8800GT @700/1755/2040 2GB OCZ Plat.Rev2 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Maxtor Diamondmax 200GB Vista XP Aspire 550W Thermaltake Shark 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 47
Nice rig! You'll be happy with that for a long time.

If you want your OS and progs to load fast get a raptor as a bootdrive, and use a big HD for all your progs and data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper37 View Post
I don't, I never said it wasn't a 4 gig kit.
Ram = load times. I can max out my 4 gigs with ease. 2gb is not enough for intense applications. Unless you like waiting around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper37 View Post
So you are saying when I open 200 images in Photoshop you are saying that is all being stored on the HD, and 0% from the memory?

Who said anything about games using 4 gb of ram?

Son.
Ram is a very small part of equation for load times. Basically, you need some.

1. If you open 200 images, at 10 mb a piece, that's still only 2gigs, and there is NO REASON to ever need to do that. So in your example 4gb of memory is more than sufficient unless you are opening 200 larger than 10mb files for no reason. If you were to open 200 large files, the reason it takes a long time is due to the harddrive, not the memory.

2. Ram is many magnitudes faster than a hardrive, so a harddrive is ALWAYS the limiting factor unless you have a very small amount of memory. In which case the os will use a page file and the limiting factor is still the harddrives speed!

3. Your sig rig says 4ghz of memory which sufficiently backs up the fact that you don't know what you are talking about. You should probably fix that as someone already suggested.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
9850 BE @ 2.9 MSI K9A2 Platinum MSI HD 3870 OC G.Skill 1066 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Raptor XP Two 19" Flat Panels 650w Corsair 
Case
Black Mid 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
9850 BE @ 2.9 MSI K9A2 Platinum MSI HD 3870 OC G.Skill 1066 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Raptor XP Two 19" Flat Panels 650w Corsair 
Case
Black Mid 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 47
Thread Starter 
thanks guys...will post benchies tommorow , got work now...DAMN.....I soo wana call in sick...but cant
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 4.8GHZ 1.35V MSI Z97 M-Power MSI GTX 1080TI Superclocked 16GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
4x1TB 7,200RPM , 1x128GB Samsung SSD 1x 128GB K... Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Samsung SA950D+ Optoma HD82 Antec 1000W Platinum 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 4.8GHZ 1.35V MSI Z97 M-Power MSI GTX 1080TI Superclocked 16GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
4x1TB 7,200RPM , 1x128GB Samsung SSD 1x 128GB K... Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Samsung SA950D+ Optoma HD82 Antec 1000W Platinum 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntSheep View Post
Why would you want to open 200 images on photoshop?

Just because you can?

Why is your text purple?

Just because you can?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDorElse View Post

1. If you open 200 images, at 10 mb a piece, that's still only 2gigs, and there is NO REASON to ever need to do that. So in your example 4gb of memory is more than sufficient unless you are opening 200 larger than 10mb files for no reason. If you were to open 200 large files, the reason it takes a long time is due to the harddrive, not the memory.

3. Your sig rig says 4ghz of memory which sufficiently backs up the fact that you don't know what you are talking about. You should probably fix that as someone already suggested.
Are you forgetting about the other applications that I may be running at the time? My system idles at almost 2gigs used.

You say I have "NO REASON" to ever do that? Batch processing.




My sig can say whatever I would like it to say. In that case, it was a simple typo. That doesn't "sufficiently" prove anything. Get off your high horse.

Son.
Gran Torino
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo 6850 3.0 ABIT IP35 PRO EVGA 8800GTS KO/ EVGA 8600GT 4gb Patriot DDR2 6400 5-5-5-12 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3 Western Digital SATA's. Sony DVD-RW Combo Vista Home Premium 64 3 Westinghouse 22in Widescreens 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
2 Doller Special Corsair 620 Watt Antec 182B Logitech G5 laser 
Mouse Pad
ALLSOP Aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
Gran Torino
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo 6850 3.0 ABIT IP35 PRO EVGA 8800GTS KO/ EVGA 8600GT 4gb Patriot DDR2 6400 5-5-5-12 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3 Western Digital SATA's. Sony DVD-RW Combo Vista Home Premium 64 3 Westinghouse 22in Widescreens 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
2 Doller Special Corsair 620 Watt Antec 182B Logitech G5 laser 
Mouse Pad
ALLSOP Aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 47
Why do people take someones thread just to start an argument? His rig is very nice and has 4GB of Ram and 2 9800GTX cards. It will do anything he wants it too including opening 200 pictures or whatever else he wants to do.

Very nice build man!! Can't wait to see it up and running. Make sure you post pics when you are done.
The Beast
(13 items)
 
Kids PC!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 165 @ 2.25Ghz DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR EVGA 8600GTS 256MB 4 GB G.Skill F1-3200phu2-2gbns 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO 128GB SSD ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Thermaltake Blue Orb II Microsoft Windows 7 Pro x64 
PowerCase
Antec EA380D Zalman Z5 Mid Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(13 items)
 
Kids PC!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 165 @ 2.25Ghz DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR EVGA 8600GTS 256MB 4 GB G.Skill F1-3200phu2-2gbns 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO 128GB SSD ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Thermaltake Blue Orb II Microsoft Windows 7 Pro x64 
PowerCase
Antec EA380D Zalman Z5 Mid Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › My new PC!!!!!