Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PALGN] PS3 eclipses Xbox 360 sales in Europe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PALGN] PS3 eclipses Xbox 360 sales in Europe - Page 8  

post #71 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.walker36 View Post
you are mistaken of the point of the article, its total sales. This is saying that the ps3 has sold more units in europe total that the 360. So basically it took sony a year less to sell the same amount. Which is a big thing for them since they are behind in global sales.
Hey man, don't bother

I have stated this about 5 times in the thread, and the article itself states this. Looks like people are just seeing (PS3......SALES) in the thread name and not even bothering to read it.

I don't see how ti is obvious they would catch up in sales. Everyone hates the PS3 and refuses to buy one over the 360. This is a huge feat for Sony. Why can't we all just agree on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HrnyGoat View Post
You know you post a lot of this stuff just to get a reaction out of it. I have no problem with the PS3 itself - I think it is a great console, but I do have a problem with the immense fanboyism surrounding it.
Look....man, you're a great member. Your reps prove you are and i have seen many quality posts.

But if you don't agree with the thread then simply don't post in it. Let us appreciate the news instead of having all the arguments filling up the thread. IF you don't think this is worthy of news, that's fine i have no quarrels with that.

But to come in here and blatantly discard the information when you even admitted you didn't realize what it was about, that's just not on.

I agree, after a while the monthly sales threads get boring, but this is a whole different ball game With that said, let us allow this topic to die before it gets closed.

And EL has stated many times that he doesn't hate the 360. He has stated that even if the 360 made more sales he would more than likely post it. It's just that the PS3 is having the success at the moment. I agree, he does come across that he promotes Sony.But if you actually read the 100's of posts in his PS3 threads he states he actually likes the 360.

He isn't a fan boy he just posts news. But hey, opinions differ.
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
post #72 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
This is the first thread of its kind.

Your logic makes no sense, you say it is obvious the PS3 would outsell it yet the 360 has been out longer.

You do understand we are talking about the PS3 outselling the 360 in total sales and not just for the month.....right?

It's not obvious, the PS3 hasn't had no were near the 'good publicity' the 360 gets.

I certainly never expected it outsell the 360 in total units. That's just insane! And a very good milestone for Sony.

I think personally, this is all down to El mike. He has been a trooper, advertising Sony from day one. If it wasn't for him they would be a sunken ship by now, they should hire him as a PR



I hear you, i think it's because the PSN is free. It isn't as aesthetically pleasing therefor it must fail......

Personally i like both, and i certainly wouldn't say XBL has that much gain over PSN considering one is free and the other rakes in the $$$ big time. It is all aesthetics more than anything.
http://www.overclock.net/search.php?searchid=2008273 - Not the first thread of it's kind.

The 360 has been out longer, thus leaving more time for people to buy it between the time it was released and the time when the PS3 was first released, thus making half of the world have it already.

No, we're talking about total sales in EUROPE. No where in the first post does it say about sales WORLDWIDE.

So technically, it's YOUR logic that's flawed.
2011
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 955 BE @ 3.2Ghz Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H XFX 6870 Dual Fan  4Gb G.Skill Ripjaw 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80Gb Seagate SATA LG DVD+ Zalman CNPS 9700 Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD - LED Backlit Microsoft Media Pro Antec Earthwatts 600w Antec 900 (modded) 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX518 Steelpad 5L 
  hide details  
2011
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 955 BE @ 3.2Ghz Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H XFX 6870 Dual Fan  4Gb G.Skill Ripjaw 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80Gb Seagate SATA LG DVD+ Zalman CNPS 9700 Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD - LED Backlit Microsoft Media Pro Antec Earthwatts 600w Antec 900 (modded) 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX518 Steelpad 5L 
  hide details  
post #73 of 88
about time. the ps3 is the clear winner. (after all, what use is a console if it's cooling system prevents it from running properly in the first place?. Epic Fail is an understatement.)

the Wii beats both hands down though. and the PC beats all of em put together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HrnyGoat View Post
You know you post a lot of this stuff just to get a reaction out of it. I have no problem with the PS3 itself - I think it is a great console, but I do have a problem with the immense fanboyism surrounding it.
This is QFT. I'll never purchase the PS3 because its just illogical. my PC is more stable and capable of much more. i feel the huge hype surrounding this "console" has blinded people.

I prefer the Wii because ive been a Nintendo fan from a young age, and i also feel that the Wii is the only console of all three to stick to traditional console standards. Nevermind the main selling point - its unique input.
Edited by Thingamajig - 5/11/08 at 9:56am
post #74 of 88
Awesome news! I have an X360 and I love it...but my PS3 is my most prized possession save my computer and Harry Potter collection (yeah I'm weird). I just find it hard to support the X360 when I'm currently on my...5th? maybe 6th 360 and I have yet to have a single problem with my PS3 since my launch purchase.

Either way, as long as good games are coming out, I don't care that much, but it's nice to see that Sony is starting to see some results.
post #75 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starholdest View Post
http://www.overclock.net/search.php?searchid=2008273 - Not the first thread of it's kind.

The 360 has been out longer, thus leaving more time for people to buy it between the time it was released and the time when the PS3 was first released, thus making half of the world have it already.

No, we're talking about total sales in EUROPE. No where in the first post does it say about sales WORLDWIDE.

So technically, it's YOUR logic that's flawed.
Firstly, this is the first thread of it's kind. Monthly sales figures vs total sales figures. Secondly, no where did Iced say worlwide. It's pretty clear he's talking about just Europe. He is from the UK afterall, so that's where his mindset probably is.

Thirdly, your logic is flawed. The PS3 has sold more total units in Europe than the 360. If your logic is correct, both consoles would have sold the exact same number. If half of europe already has a 360, then half of europe would have a PS3, not more than half.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
post #76 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
Firstly, this is the first thread of it's kind. Monthly sales figures vs total sales figures. Secondly, no where did Iced say worlwide. It's pretty clear he's talking about just Europe. He is from the UK afterall, so that's where his mindset probably is.

Thirdly, your logic is flawed. The PS3 has sold more total units in Europe than the 360. If your logic is correct, both consoles would have sold the exact same number. If half of europe already has a 360, then half of europe would have a PS3, not more than half.
Yea i have stated many times only in europe. I figured i didn't need to state that anymore.

Sorry for the confusion though

Anyways, like El said. That logic doesn't work. Infact it is almost the opposite.

Most people bought a 360 early on and refused to buy a PS3. This is from a general community POV, of course us geeks would like both systems

So it is surprising (at least to me) that it is doing so well. It has had so much bad press and only a glimmer of positive press. I am surprised it even touched the 360 sales figures never mind overtook them.

Can't believe this thread is still going
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
post #77 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
Can't believe this thread is still going
Tell me about it. I saw it active again and I'm like, "awwww crap".
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
post #78 of 88
WOW this thread is still going?

***** ElMike every thread you post turns into a big argumnet about Xbox vs PS3 or something like that. Probably cus you are always posting news about console's. But im in the market to buy a PS3 possibly so keep it up, its interesting stuff.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 ASUS Rampage Extreme HD4850 4 gig Corsair XMS2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x 1TB Mitsumi 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive Windows 7 64Bit 23" Samsung F2380, 40" lcd tv 
PowerCaseMouse
Gigabyte ODIN 800W Antec 900 G5 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 ASUS Rampage Extreme HD4850 4 gig Corsair XMS2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x 1TB Mitsumi 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive Windows 7 64Bit 23" Samsung F2380, 40" lcd tv 
PowerCaseMouse
Gigabyte ODIN 800W Antec 900 G5 
  hide details  
post #79 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
Yea i have stated many times only in europe. I figured i didn't need to state that anymore.

Sorry for the confusion though

Anyways, like El said. That logic doesn't work. Infact it is almost the opposite.

Most people bought a 360 early on and refused to buy a PS3. This is from a general community POV, of course us geeks would like both systems

So it is surprising (at least to me) that it is doing so well. It has had so much bad press and only a glimmer of positive press. I am surprised it even touched the 360 sales figures never mind overtook them.

Can't believe this thread is still going

I hate to say but I personally believe that a good bit of that surprising success had to do with the inclusion of an HD-player. I have a strong feeling that if MS had included an HD-DVD player from launch day, not only would the format war have turned out differently, but the 360 would have dominated the market by having a headstart and well-rounded game base.

I know MANY people who waited to decide on a console until the format war was over. These are HD-era gaming systems, and should have HD playback capability.

That said the only reason why the 360 is going strong is because it has a good installed fanbase from the OG xbox, and has an great game library. I bought a PS3 and then sold it because I had played every good game out.

I didn't see any point in keeping it until better titles (for my interest) came out. Having this $400 box sit there for months didn't make sense.

Now I am more likely to purchase a 360 the next time around, because I am interested in the 360's game titles more. This is obviously personal taste, but that is the area that sony needs to focus on IMO.
post #80 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo_9000 View Post
WOW this thread is still going?

***** ElMike every thread you post turns into a big argumnet about Xbox vs PS3 or something like that. Probably cus you are always posting news about console's. But im in the market to buy a PS3 possibly so keep it up, its interesting stuff.
I just post news and then I get attacked. All arguing is about me posting the info, rather than the info itself. Ah well. It doesnt stop me from posting it; nor will it ever. Eventually those who attack me will just bugger off. Hopefully they'll focus more on the news rather than the OP one day.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PALGN] PS3 eclipses Xbox 360 sales in Europe