Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [shacknews] Spore, Mass Effect PC to Require Online Validation Every Ten Days to Func
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[shacknews] Spore, Mass Effect PC to Require Online Validation Every Ten Days to Func - Page 7

post #61 of 74
This is crap. If I like a game and enjoy playing it I buy it because it is more convenient to have a legit copy for updates, online play, ease of instalation, and support.

What they are doing here is making it just as much of a hassle to buy the game legit as it would be to download and install a pirated game.

And that thing about only being able to use the CD key 3 times is bull****, I dont want to have to contact EA support every time I wana reinstall the game. Like I have to reformat my HDD quite often for various reasons.

And thats crazy checking for a warazed CD key, its called a Keygen and they make an infintent amount of CD keys.

PC's are not like 360's where the only programs that it runs are games. Sometimes something goes wrong or I just want to reformat to clean everything up.

PS: oh ya and im not surprised at all. This IS ea were talking about.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 ASUS Rampage Extreme HD4850 4 gig Corsair XMS2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x 1TB Mitsumi 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive Windows 7 64Bit 23" Samsung F2380, 40" lcd tv 
PowerCaseMouse
Gigabyte ODIN 800W Antec 900 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 ASUS Rampage Extreme HD4850 4 gig Corsair XMS2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x 1TB Mitsumi 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive Windows 7 64Bit 23" Samsung F2380, 40" lcd tv 
PowerCaseMouse
Gigabyte ODIN 800W Antec 900 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 74
while im sure there are a rare few, in my opinion 99% of the people who say "well if the game is good" or "if its worth the money" or "if i like it i will buy it" are full of it.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k ASROCK Z87 Extreme6 7850 (1200/5200) 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
96GB SSD Kingston SSDNOW+ Various 3TB drives Windows 7 24" Acer X241W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell AT101W Corsair HX620 Antec Nine Hundred MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k ASROCK Z87 Extreme6 7850 (1200/5200) 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
96GB SSD Kingston SSDNOW+ Various 3TB drives Windows 7 24" Acer X241W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell AT101W Corsair HX620 Antec Nine Hundred MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo_9000 View Post
This is crap. If I like a game and enjoy playing it I buy it because it is more convenient to have a legit copy for updates, online play, ease of instalation, and support.

What they are doing here is making it just as much of a hassle to buy the game legit as it would be to download and install a pirated game.

And that thing about only being able to use the CD key 3 times is bull****, I dont want to have to contact EA support every time I wana reinstall the game. Like I have to reformat my HDD quite often for various reasons.

And thats crazy checking for a warazed CD key, its called a Keygen and they make an infintent amount of CD keys.

PC's are not like 360's where the only programs that it runs are games. Sometimes something goes wrong or I just want to reformat to clean everything up.

PS: oh ya and im not surprised at all. This IS ea were talking about.
QFT !!
My900
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.4 GHz evga nForce 680i A1 LeadTek GTX 280 @ 705/1450/1200 4x1GB Super Tallent DDR2(800) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 250gbx2 LG 18X DVD-RW / 300GB WD VelociRaptor Vista x64 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech ThermalTake Toughpower 650w Antec 900 Logitech 
Mouse Pad
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My900
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.4 GHz evga nForce 680i A1 LeadTek GTX 280 @ 705/1450/1200 4x1GB Super Tallent DDR2(800) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 250gbx2 LG 18X DVD-RW / 300GB WD VelociRaptor Vista x64 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech ThermalTake Toughpower 650w Antec 900 Logitech 
Mouse Pad
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 74
HEY GUYS IT'S OFF BOTH MASS EFFECT AND SPORE!
SPORE
Mass Effect
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 74
Jesus christ we have already confirmed this isn't going to happen stop touching this thread you inbred jolts
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6400 MSI P6N 650i eVGA GeForce 8800GTX 2GB OCZ PC2-6400 
Hard DrivePower
74GB 10,000RPM SATA150 Raptor 650W Antec PowerTrio 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6400 MSI P6N 650i eVGA GeForce 8800GTX 2GB OCZ PC2-6400 
Hard DrivePower
74GB 10,000RPM SATA150 Raptor 650W Antec PowerTrio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 74
Wouldn't it be easier to have it like CoH and online games? CD key tied to an account etc

I mean they already use this for the multiplayer part of the game why not use it on the singleplayer version of the game aswell (aka CoH method).

Doesn't check your hardware and minimizes cracking method. You will argue that it will be cracked eventually, but if thats the case then why haven't MMOs been cracked yet? o.O (pvt servers don't count cause the average joe doesn't know about pvt servers or does it include cracking the game u still need 1 account per player)
Main
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
Main
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #67 of 74
*weeps*

I've been looking forward to Spore for ages! Should have known they'd do their best to try and wreck it...
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6700 Asus P5KPL-AM mATX Palit GTS250 2 x 2GB OCZ PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Viewsonic VA2213w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media Keyboard Deluxe 750W Thermaltake Toughpower Antec NSW4400 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6700 Asus P5KPL-AM mATX Palit GTS250 2 x 2GB OCZ PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Viewsonic VA2213w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media Keyboard Deluxe 750W Thermaltake Toughpower Antec NSW4400 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firann View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to have it like CoH and online games? CD key tied to an account etc

I mean they already use this for the multiplayer part of the game why not use it on the singleplayer version of the game aswell (aka CoH method).

Doesn't check your hardware and minimizes cracking method. You will argue that it will be cracked eventually, but if thats the case then why haven't MMOs been cracked yet? o.O (pvt servers don't count cause the average joe doesn't know about pvt servers or does it include cracking the game u still need 1 account per player)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrado View Post
HEY GUYS IT'S OFF BOTH MASS EFFECT AND SPORE!
SPORE
Mass Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leck View Post
Jesus christ we have already confirmed this isn't going to happen stop touching this thread you inbred jolts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosser13 View Post
*weeps*

I've been looking forward to Spore for ages! Should have known they'd do their best to try and wreck it...
Prosser, Firan, READ!
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 74
I don't care what hoops i have to jump through to play spore...I just want to play it.
New Laptop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.4Ghz 9800m GS 512mb 4GB DDR2 320GB 
OSMonitorMouse
Windows Vista Home Premium 15.4" 1680*1050 Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
New Laptop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.4Ghz 9800m GS 512mb 4GB DDR2 320GB 
OSMonitorMouse
Windows Vista Home Premium 15.4" 1680*1050 Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrado View Post
Prosser, Firan, READ!
*shuts up*
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6700 Asus P5KPL-AM mATX Palit GTS250 2 x 2GB OCZ PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Viewsonic VA2213w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media Keyboard Deluxe 750W Thermaltake Toughpower Antec NSW4400 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6700 Asus P5KPL-AM mATX Palit GTS250 2 x 2GB OCZ PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Viewsonic VA2213w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media Keyboard Deluxe 750W Thermaltake Toughpower Antec NSW4400 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [shacknews] Spore, Mass Effect PC to Require Online Validation Every Ten Days to Func