Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TG Daily]Supercomputer with 20 million CPUs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TG Daily]Supercomputer with 20 million CPUs - Page 8

post #71 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqasr View Post
Too bad global warming doesnt even exist and its all just made up to divert our attention.
I wouldn't doubt it.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 170 @ 2.81 on stock volts ASUS A8N5X XFX G92 8800GTS 2X1GB kingston DDR333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 250GB & Seagate 160GB Windows XP Pro SP3 P275 CRT Logitech Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Sparkle 550W CM 690 Intellimouse 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 170 @ 2.81 on stock volts ASUS A8N5X XFX G92 8800GTS 2X1GB kingston DDR333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 250GB & Seagate 160GB Windows XP Pro SP3 P275 CRT Logitech Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Sparkle 550W CM 690 Intellimouse 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 106
as an input from out here in scotland

just a few years ago we would see inches of snow for days over the winter

but now we get about one day of snow during the same period and no where near as much as before
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.4GHz DFI LP DK P35-T2RS XFX Geforce 8800GT G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 CL-5 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.11 x2 (RAID 0) Samsung Writemaster 20x Windows 7 Professional x64 LG Flatron 22" 2ms 3000:1 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II OCZ GameXstream 700W Antec 900 Razer Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.4GHz DFI LP DK P35-T2RS XFX Geforce 8800GT G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 CL-5 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.11 x2 (RAID 0) Samsung Writemaster 20x Windows 7 Professional x64 LG Flatron 22" 2ms 3000:1 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II OCZ GameXstream 700W Antec 900 Razer Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaByte View Post
Those that think global warming is moot need to do some basic reading, seriously. Theres been proof since before I was born, you don't need to be a scientist to know global warming is real, and happening. There is already a number of things that can happen anyday such as,

1. Large piece of Antarctica breaking off into the ocean (several hundred KM), there is proven pictures of bodies of WATER in Antarctica.

2. Greenland can literally "slip" into the ocean, just like Antarctica Greenland has bodies of water on the surface that is seeping down between the ice untill it reaches solid land at the bottom. What happens when you lubricate a piece of ice?

Its not really a joking matter, but I have to say when things start happening worse than they already have I will have my 5 minute period of laughs at those that said global warming is a myth.


PS: Shall we play a game of global thermonuclear war?
All that might be true. Or it could be a scare tactic. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm definitely not saying you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatethedukes View Post
I've no delusions that Al Gore CAN save the world at this point, but to say that you AREN'T totally ignorant compared to the 1600 scientists that ARE INFINITELY MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE about the subject than you or I are is laughable. Your repeated denial of a MOUNTAIN of SCIENTIFIC evidence is also laughable. Scientific evidence>>>>your opinion based on... from what I gather, nothing but your opinion.

Are companies capitalizing on rising awareness that we're literally "using up" the planet as we know it? Of course, that's what businesses do, find demand and exploit it. BUT, IT'S A HUGE LOGICAL FLAW to try and dismiss the entire concept based on the aforementioned exploitation. Now, you can go about dismissing my argument with rationalization among other tools used by people who don't know any better, but I've said my piece.
I can find 1600 scientists to counter your 1600 scientists. And that's my point.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
GW is Not a Fact.
GW is fact. The contentious issue is wether it is Man-Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
Facts:
- This winter has been the coldest winter since '86 in the US.
Bizzarely, GW can cause extremely cold winters... go figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
- The hottest year(s) were the dustbowls of the 1930's.
Meaning what, exactly. Read some white-papers about GW... There are many confusing facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
- The size of the ice shleves in the south pole has been measured since 1979. The south pole now (in 2008) has the most ice it has had since 1979.
I call BS on that... go look at the ice-shelf maps. Also, the main ice-shelf disruption is in the Northern Polar region (Something to do with the tilt of the planet... Antarctica is due for some heavy-s**t in the coming years, if scientists are to be believed.)

However... Either way... it will be better for ALL if we start to develop non-damaging sources of energy and the-like.

It will mean less trouble for your children and their children, and their... ad-infinitum.


Quote:
Originally Posted by waqasr
Too bad global warming doesnt even exist and its all just made up to divert our attention.
I wouldn't doubt it.

Divert our attention form what, exactly?
The current rabid-gnomes running loose in Peru?
The global shortage of lime-marmalade?
The plight of the five-toed-pangolin-muncher?

It is nigh-on impossible to *divert attention* in such a *connected* world.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
GW is Not a Fact.

Facts:
- This winter has been the coldest winter since '86 in the US.
- The hottest year(s) were the dustbowls of the 1930's.
- The size of the ice shleves in the south pole has been measured since 1979. The south pole now (in 2008) has the most ice it has had since 1979.

Now tell me, why the HAY did the government spend $400 million on "Green" improvements for the White House while us middle-classmen are struggling to find money to put gas in our tanks everyday? And why is no one letting us drill into the HUGE oil field off the coast of south dakota that could virtually eliminate our dependance on foreign oil?

Wow, our world is blinded and messed up.
I see lots of vague claims and no proof. I could walk outside and measure my temperature everyday and find an average temperature over a year and find it 2C cooler, publish, but ignore the global 5C increase .

Because:
A) Drilling more oil doesn't solve the problem.
B) Drilling our oil is more expensive and prices would still be high.
C) $400 million is ridiculous, it's a political game, not science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
I can find 1600 scientists to counter your 1600 scientists. And that's my point.
Do it. Prove it. All I have to do is point out the global warming report that's the culmination of, oh, essentially the entire scientific field's research on global weather for mine.
Raptor Raper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Something with transistors FOXCONN Boodrage -> eVGA classified e760 GTX 480 / HD6850@1090/1200 3x2 gig G Skill Trident DDR2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x128GB Crucial C300 Sumsung SATA DVD-RW 64 bit Windows 7 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft curve Tagan ITZ 800W DD Torture Rack Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
Raptor Raper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Something with transistors FOXCONN Boodrage -> eVGA classified e760 GTX 480 / HD6850@1090/1200 3x2 gig G Skill Trident DDR2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x128GB Crucial C300 Sumsung SATA DVD-RW 64 bit Windows 7 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft curve Tagan ITZ 800W DD Torture Rack Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 106
doh ignore read above.
Raptor Raper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Something with transistors FOXCONN Boodrage -> eVGA classified e760 GTX 480 / HD6850@1090/1200 3x2 gig G Skill Trident DDR2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x128GB Crucial C300 Sumsung SATA DVD-RW 64 bit Windows 7 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft curve Tagan ITZ 800W DD Torture Rack Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
Raptor Raper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Something with transistors FOXCONN Boodrage -> eVGA classified e760 GTX 480 / HD6850@1090/1200 3x2 gig G Skill Trident DDR2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x128GB Crucial C300 Sumsung SATA DVD-RW 64 bit Windows 7 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft curve Tagan ITZ 800W DD Torture Rack Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatethedukes View Post
I see lots of vague claims and no proof. I could walk outside and measure my temperature everyday and find an average temperature over a year and find it 2C cooler, publish, but ignore the global 5C increase .

Because:
A) Drilling more oil doesn't solve the problem.
B) Drilling our oil is more expensive and prices would still be high.
C) $400 million is ridiculous, it's a political game, not science.



Do it. Prove it. All I have to do is point out the global warming report that's the culmination of, oh, essentially the entire scientific field's research on global weather for mine.
You seem not to understand the issues around the misnamed *global-warming*.

And, as an aside; would it not be better for all if we ceased and desisted from raping our planet and try, at least, to find energy-solutions that will NOT put the climate in further jeopardy?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by newphase View Post
You seem not to understand the issues around the misnamed *global-warming*.

And, as an aside; would it not be better for all if we ceased and desisted from raping our planet and try, at least, to find energy-solutions that will NOT put the climate in further jeopardy?
Actually, no, I don't misunderstand. I was responding to a largely aside post if you bothered to read it as well.
Raptor Raper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Something with transistors FOXCONN Boodrage -> eVGA classified e760 GTX 480 / HD6850@1090/1200 3x2 gig G Skill Trident DDR2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x128GB Crucial C300 Sumsung SATA DVD-RW 64 bit Windows 7 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft curve Tagan ITZ 800W DD Torture Rack Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
Raptor Raper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Something with transistors FOXCONN Boodrage -> eVGA classified e760 GTX 480 / HD6850@1090/1200 3x2 gig G Skill Trident DDR2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x128GB Crucial C300 Sumsung SATA DVD-RW 64 bit Windows 7 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft curve Tagan ITZ 800W DD Torture Rack Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatethedukes View Post
Do it. Prove it. All I have to do is point out the global warming report that's the culmination of, oh, essentially the entire scientific field's research on global weather for mine.

All I have to do is google "global warming scam" and I can find a mountain of counter points to any argument you give. But when the creator of the Weather Channel speaks up and files suit against Gore or whomever, something is seriously flawed, wouldnt you say?

I don't mean to imply I'm smarter than anyone else in this area, especially scientists. But scientists are people too with bills to pay and political views like yours and mine. It simply doesn't take much to alter evidence. All I'm trying to say is maybe be a little more open-minded in this area. Like I said before, I don't know who is right and who is wrong. But I am against big companies making god knows how much off "Green".

And nice avatar btw.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatethedukes View Post
Actually, no, I don't misunderstand. I was responding to a largely aside post if you bothered to read it as well.
Mr Ihatethedukes. I respectfully apologise that I had not read your "quoted".
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TG Daily]Supercomputer with 20 million CPUs