Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › first monster build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

first monster build - Page 16

post #151 of 162
Thread Starter 
hey guys, I bought the computer with 2 seagate 7200.11 and 2 WD raptor 150ADFD, 8 GB of corsair ram, and the evga 780i and also the QX9650, I have two questions:

why when the BIOS in booting when it recognizes the main processor it only says it´s 2.33 Ghz when the QX9650 is supose to run at 3 Ghz?

I´m trying to install windows XP 64 bit, when windows says it´s ready to install an error appears, a blue screen an al long code, it says "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer"
post #152 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by anto88 View Post
hey guys, I bought the computer with 2 seagate 7200.11 and 2 WD raptor 150ADFD, 8 GB of corsair ram, and the evga 780i and also the QX9650, I have two questions:

why when the BIOS in booting when it recognizes the main processor it only says it´s 2.33 Ghz when the QX9650 is supose to run at 3 Ghz?

I´m trying to install windows XP 64 bit, when windows says it´s ready to install an error appears, a blue screen an al long code, it says "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer"
There's too much stress on the NB. The QX is using SpeedStep, you can change it. Try doing a BIOS update, it should eliminate the problems. Your XP disc might be scratched or something.
post #153 of 162
Anto88 why a 780i ?
post #154 of 162
bios update and disable speedstep in bios if it keeps happening after update. Simple solution. Speedstep is used for power saving. When on the proc will be under clocked to reduce power use and when needed boosted back up to 3ghz when necessary.
I'm Back
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @3.71 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB 16 GB Corsair XMS 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston V300 SSD Western Digital Caviar Samsung Spinpoint Western Digital Caviar black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony CD DVD R/WR Prolimatech Megahalems  Windows 7 x64 Samsung Smart TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hanns G POS Saitek Eclipse II Corsair 750 TX NZXT Source 210 
Mouse
Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
I'm Back
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @3.71 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB 16 GB Corsair XMS 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston V300 SSD Western Digital Caviar Samsung Spinpoint Western Digital Caviar black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony CD DVD R/WR Prolimatech Megahalems  Windows 7 x64 Samsung Smart TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hanns G POS Saitek Eclipse II Corsair 750 TX NZXT Source 210 
Mouse
Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #155 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45nm View Post
Anto88 why a 780i ?
SLI...
post #156 of 162
Thread Starter 
ok, finally I was able to install windows XP 64 bits, I install the nvidia software and a window appear giving me two options, continue anyways or stop installation, I continued anyways and it installed properly, restaring the computer the windows logo appear but after that the screen turn black and that´s pretty much it, can you give me some help guys?
post #157 of 162
crossfire some HD 3870x2's

and get some 7200.11 drives
post #158 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post
crossfire some HD 3870x2's

and get some 7200.11 drives
epic fail!!!
M.E.D.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5200 :( Maximus Formula x38 9600GSO :( G.Skill 2x2gb ddr2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Barracuda 7200.12 500GB Samsung DVD Burner /W Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit 17" CRT :( 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 850TX Modded Antec 900 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Dbl-sided Anodized Aluminum Logitech CRAP speakers.. :( 
  hide details  
Reply
M.E.D.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5200 :( Maximus Formula x38 9600GSO :( G.Skill 2x2gb ddr2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Barracuda 7200.12 500GB Samsung DVD Burner /W Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit 17" CRT :( 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 850TX Modded Antec 900 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Dbl-sided Anodized Aluminum Logitech CRAP speakers.. :( 
  hide details  
Reply
post #159 of 162
Thread Starter 
Just Stick To The Answer To My Problem Please
post #160 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by anto88 View Post
ok, finally I was able to install windows XP 64 bits, I install the nvidia software and a window appear giving me two options, continue anyways or stop installation, I continued anyways and it installed properly, restaring the computer the windows logo appear but after that the screen turn black and that´s pretty much it, can you give me some help guys?
Turn it off and turn it back on, sometimes it's hardware problems. My old Mushkin RedLine wouldn't always boot at stock settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post
crossfire some HD 3870x2's

and get some 7200.11 drives
Read the freaking thread before you post...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › first monster build