Cinematic Mod's anticipated port to the Orangebox Engine is here! Bear in mind this Beta 1 of V8.0 are there will be some known and unknown issues as depicted below. If you would rather wait for the complete version, that will available as soon as everything is polished out.
THIS VERSION BRINGS THE ORANGEBOX ENGINE TO OLD HL2 AND EP1. IT INSTALLS INDEPENDENT FROM CM7 OR OLDER VERSIONS. TO PLAY THIS MOD, YOU MUST OWN HALF-LIFE 2 / EPISODE ONE / EPISODE TWO FULLY INSTALLED AND UNLOCKED (= started at least one time)! YOU CANNOT PLAY THIS MOD WITHOUT EPISODE TWO CONTENT!
* Updated engine to the Orangebox for improved graphics and gameplay
* Raise the quite outdated graphical appearance to a state-of-the-art level
* Give the HL2 trilogy a more stressed, darker and minatory look
* Complement the atmosphere with a emotional cinematic music soundtrack that fits the action on the screen
* Replace the low-resolution textures with high resolution counterparts and more detailed environments
* Complement the storyline with the unused content from the original games
* Refresh the look and feel with optional new HD models
* Add more replay-value to the game
* Give the facepunch monkeys something to complain about
The following issues are known and currently unfixed in V8.0 Beta 1:
* At the first teleport-sequence out of Kleiners Lab, during the "visit" at Breens office: Breen cannot stand up
* The teleport rings at Kleiners Lab are not rotating & have been disabled completely as a temporary workaround
* The Valve-Alyx/HD-Body hybrid model is far from finished
* The CM7 and older models aren't included
* New dynamic shadows are disabled by default on some systems
* Remember to set the shadow settings to high for activating the new effects.
* The new Valve-style Mossman/Eli/Breen/Barney HD-models aren't included, because they are too far from a usable stage.
Part 1 (Main page)
Update to 8.0 Beta 2 here:
Edited by Ikon - 5/15/08 at 11:38am