Overclock.net banner

mouse Air cooling!

2K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  Alex Jones 
#1 ·
Hey all I hope this Is In the rite place. I am putting this here cuz It has to do with Air cooling so plz tell me If this Is In the rong place.

Ok so I am trying to mod my mouse with a old PS2 Thin fan will that work plz help me out, Also does any1 no how to add LED'S to the mise thx

See less See more
#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Jones
View Post

Hey all I hope this Is In the rite place. I am putting this here cuz It has to do with Air cooling so plz tell me If this Is In the rong place.

Ok so I am trying to mod my mouse with a old PS2 Thin fan will that work plz help me out, Also does any1 no how to add LED'S to the mise thx

while this would be cool i hope u know its absolutely pointless. also u should consider whether or not your skilled enough for this, do you know how to power the fan while its in the mouse? if you can do this you better post some post mod pics.

#7 ·
Yes Mouse cooling I am planing on doing that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic
View Post

Mouse cooling? I have nothing to say..

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3||scr3am
View Post

what mouse is it? USB or PS/2? LEDs? what kind... resistance, and voltage...

It Is a HP Mouse and has a cord to connect to the pc rite noe It does not have any LESs
Rite now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrEaKâ„¢
View Post

dude, anti sweat! this is brilliant!

but I can't help ^^;;;

What do u mean by "anti sweat!" and It Is brilliant thznk you very much
It Is ok I will have Pix up soon.

Thx I am glad u think like I do! yea I do no that.ow h*ll no I am not skilled enough for this but It Is a crappy mice
.I think I will sodder It to the board. I will post pix and how do I go about doing that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfire99
View Post

while this would be cool i hope u know its absolutely pointless. also u should consider whether or not your skilled enough for this, do you know how to power the fan while its in the mouse? if you can do this you better post some post mod pics.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leck
View Post

1.) This is not an AIM chatroom - clean up the grammar and punctuation.

2.) Why the hell are you trying to add a fan to a mouse? You're better off just putting spinning rims on your car and looking like even more a douche.

3.) Most people here are Adults and as such if you're going to post here you need to type and relay messages in an adult and professional manner.

man u have issues u come here to tell everyone their $*^holes and then offer nothing even related to the OP. good job contributing to the forum jack^*#.

#10 ·
OK ok I will try to get better at the grammar and punctuation, But It Is not all of my falt guys. And I am not that smart when It come to PC things that Is why I do not post back to people.

#12 ·
Ok, cleaned house a bit.

Now, I don't care *what* you want to cool... heck, I type so fast that I for sure need to watercool my keyboard.

I think a fan for a mouse is a fun and innovative idea. How? I honestly don't know.

As an aside: PLEASE DO report posts that you find offensive or otherwise inappropriate. It makes our job easier.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chozart
View Post

Ok, cleaned house a bit.

Now, I don't care *what* you want to cool... heck, I type so fast that I for sure need to watercool my keyboard.

I think a fan for a mouse is a fun and innovative idea. How? I honestly don't know.

As an aside: PLEASE DO report posts that you find offensive or otherwise inappropriate. It makes our job easier.

I dont think the the smallest fan in the world would fit in my logitech lol.
Luckily my hands down sweat. But i could use a fan blowing on my monitor lol

#14 ·
Ok Thank you for the house cleaning. hehehe.
Ow Ow I will put up pix soon my brother. So how do I report posts that you find offensive or otherwise inappropriate? Also how do I post PIX up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chozart
View Post

Ok, cleaned house a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx573v3xX_Z28
View Post

I dont think the the smallest fan in the world would fit in my logitech lol.
Luckily my hands down sweat. But i could use a fan blowing on my monitor lol

hehehe I will make It fit
heheh I will make It fit one way or another
!!!!!!!1

#17 ·
#19 ·
I've seen a couple a mice for sale with built in fans but they took a craptastic mouse and added a fan and some LEDs to bling it up and I wasn't impressed. I would try this with my G7 but I think I would kill my battery life >_<. Hopefully you can do better!

#20 ·
I love the idea but I can't really see a fan that small compensating for the heat transfered through the mouses case via your hand. If you've got big sweaty hands 'like me' any vents would be covered unless they were underneath the mouse and that has its own issues regarding the dust, grit and pad combination. I think only an 80mm fan between my hand and mouse would be sufficient to do the job, thus creating other dangers

#23 ·
Ok guys I have some bad news I was not able to complect the mod. The mod did not work I do not no why It did not work but what I do no Is that I have pic of the opperation so can someone please PM/tell me how to post the pic up that would be very nice
thank you all.

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Ok guys I have some bad news I was not able to complect the mod. The mod did not work I do not no why It did not work but what I do no Is that I have pic of the opperation so can someone please PM/tell me how to post the pic up that would be very nice
thank you all.
Get a photobucket account, upload your pic(s) there, then copy the IMG line and paste it in your post.

Anyone wanna try modding that CoolIT beverage chiller into a mouse?

oops that would be in the peltier forum

#25 ·
Hey all here Is my mouse Pic hope you like It i swear I thought I posted them before but what ever here they are!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.