Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [TGDaily] Sony's Playstation 3 Home delayed again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TGDaily] Sony's Playstation 3 Home delayed again - Page 4

post #31 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Does anyone else see the irony in that? Duke Nukem Forever... DNF... In racing terms, Did Not Finish...
Duke Nukem, If Ever...

Duke Nukem, Probably Never
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 ASUS P6T Deluxe eVGA GTX 680 6x4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Boot R0: 2x256GB Corsair SSD; Scratch R0: 3x750GB Samsung 22x LightScribe DVD+/-DL [SATA] Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Dell 2407FPWx2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruPower Q 1KW Custom Fabricated 18" cube (Mountain Mods UFO) Logitech G9 Laser 
Mouse Pad
Faux Woodgrain (My Desk) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 ASUS P6T Deluxe eVGA GTX 680 6x4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Boot R0: 2x256GB Corsair SSD; Scratch R0: 3x750GB Samsung 22x LightScribe DVD+/-DL [SATA] Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Dell 2407FPWx2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruPower Q 1KW Custom Fabricated 18" cube (Mountain Mods UFO) Logitech G9 Laser 
Mouse Pad
Faux Woodgrain (My Desk) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
As long as they get it right the first time, I dont care.
agreed, home is gonna be PS3's direct competition to Xbox live i believe, this has to be done right...and i dont expect to be disapointed.

Sony has placed a 10 year life cycle on the PS3 just like the ps1 ps2 and psp. For sony, at this moment on time, the PS3 isnt a massive thing, and they know this, and this doesnt bother them. IMO, i think sony is planning a massive strike in the console war, when home is released i believe were gonna see a massive wave of PS3 content from sony. They're planning on making it mainstreme just has the PS2 was. Also, lets not forget, when the PS3 was first released it was stated by sony themselves that their target marketing time is in 2010.

I have faith in sony.
The Octagon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 @ 4.0GHz w/1.29v eVGA x58 SLI 2x eVGA GTX260's SLI 3x2GB G-Skill @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x Western Digital 300GB - RAID 0 Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Samsung SyncMaster T220 22"/HP 19" LCD Corsair HX1000 
Case
Cooler Master Stacker 830 
  hide details  
Reply
The Octagon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 @ 4.0GHz w/1.29v eVGA x58 SLI 2x eVGA GTX260's SLI 3x2GB G-Skill @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x Western Digital 300GB - RAID 0 Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Samsung SyncMaster T220 22"/HP 19" LCD Corsair HX1000 
Case
Cooler Master Stacker 830 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spart View Post
the PS3 crowd thinks it will be the XBL killer. Only time will tell.
But what will it offer besides an avatar? Like what can home do that is so amazing aside from what I listed? Also the reason why xbox live is successful is because it's geared toward playing your games. the main purpose of live is to make the games you purchased even better. How does home do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruboy View Post
It will provide what something like Second Life or XBL does, and then some, with better visuals, for free. Remember the free part? You know how much out of Second Life and XBL you can get for free? Nothing useful at all.
since when do you need a 3d world to go and press ok to download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes View Post
well, its free.
free isnt always good.

My thoughts, home isn't bring any type of competition to the xbox live service. It actually is going in a totally separate direction because live is integrated with every single xbox 360 game made to date. Plus there is still a whole lot more features that live offers that home can't because its not part of everything. Maybe if home was availible from launch of the ps3 it might have made a difference but now, HOME isn't bringing nothing special to the table.

It doesn't even challenge the live service in no way shape or form. So how can it be a xbox live killer? Thats like saying Need for speed is a Halo killer. It's not cause it isn't even geared toward doing the same thing.
Edited by gex80 - 5/14/08 at 10:01pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 Intel DP45SG Visiontek HD 4870 2x2GB DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 Western Digital + 1TB Black Caviar WD Samsung Sata vista ultimate x64/Windows 7 Ultimate 64x Samsung T220 22 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dynex(Temp until G15) BFG 800 Watt Antec 900 Logitech G5 Gaming mouse 
Mouse Pad
Commando(none) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 Intel DP45SG Visiontek HD 4870 2x2GB DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 Western Digital + 1TB Black Caviar WD Samsung Sata vista ultimate x64/Windows 7 Ultimate 64x Samsung T220 22 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dynex(Temp until G15) BFG 800 Watt Antec 900 Logitech G5 Gaming mouse 
Mouse Pad
Commando(none) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick226 View Post
agreed, home is gonna be PS3's direct competition to Xbox live i believe, this has to be done right...and i dont expect to be disapointed.

Sony has placed a 10 year life cycle on the PS3 just like the ps1 ps2 and psp. For sony, at this moment on time, the PS3 isnt a massive thing, and they know this, and this doesnt bother them. IMO, i think sony is planning a massive strike in the console war, when home is released i believe were gonna see a massive wave of PS3 content from sony. They're planning on making it mainstreme just has the PS2 was. Also, lets not forget, when the PS3 was first released it was stated by sony themselves that their target marketing time is in 2010.

I have faith in sony.
Well the new Xbox will be out by the time the PS3 takes off. How is that a good thing?
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 59
also wasnt Prey delayed for like 7 years?
Macbook Air
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E6600 2.4ghz @ 3.6ghz Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.0 BFG GTX275 4x1gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
150gb Raptor, 3x1tb Storage Samsung 22x DVDRW + LG 22x DVDRW (BOTH SATA) Windows 7 64-Bit Samsung 245BW 24" 1920x1200 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Silverstone Strider 750w Modular Antec 900 Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Custom Outer Space 
  hide details  
Reply
Macbook Air
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E6600 2.4ghz @ 3.6ghz Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.0 BFG GTX275 4x1gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
150gb Raptor, 3x1tb Storage Samsung 22x DVDRW + LG 22x DVDRW (BOTH SATA) Windows 7 64-Bit Samsung 245BW 24" 1920x1200 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Silverstone Strider 750w Modular Antec 900 Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Custom Outer Space 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by gex80 View Post
But what will it offer besides an avatar? Like what can home do that is so amazing aside from what I listed? Also the reason why xbox live is successful is because it's geared toward playing your games. the main purpose of live is to make the games you purchased even better. How does home do that?
I agree 100%. I think it's a waste of development time and money IMO. It's like a a mix between a sims mmo and something like Second Life. You design an apartment, have an avatar, play lame arcade games like pool and bowling with other avatars, and other crap. That is nothing like XBL so why waste their time? XBL is nothing more then a bunch of servers and a friends list. You can communicate with your friends via text and voice then join a party in a game and let the pwning begin. I love how simple it is. Sony is trying to make it all fancy and complicated. I'd rather play one of the games I paid for than hang around in my virtual apartment. Or maybe I could actually invite some real friends over to my real apartment and we could lan it up. Much better than anything home can offer tbh. Call me a fanboy or biased if you wish guys. It's just my opinion. I think it will flop.
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 59
i cant believe these kinds of things spark console wars still???

its a new feature of the PS3, that PS3 owners are greatly looking forward to since its a new, free feature, something to try out. and in terms of the PS3, its our answer to what Xbox Live offers Xbox users, another way to interact with every other gamer.

why are they being compared anyway? yeah yeah, competition is good yada yada. so why arnt we using Mii for the Wii as comparison too? if we're gonna try for the biggest e-peen, might as well include all peens.

jesus christ...i wouldnt be surprised if we start comparing the font used for each system next... "oooh Xbox is da uber leetzors mega machine, we cans looks prettiers next to our TVs" ... " noooo, yous are stupidz. PS3 has the best fontzzz. we ares silvers and greats. ROOOARRRRR!!!!!!"

sorry, but come on. discussions are cool, but system wars are lame.
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post
i cant believe these kinds of things spark console wars still???

its a new feature of the PS3, that PS3 owners are greatly looking forward to since its a new, free feature, something to try out. and in terms of the PS3, its our answer to what Xbox Live offers Xbox users, another way to interact with every other gamer.

why are they being compared anyway? yeah yeah, competition is good yada yada. so why arnt we using Mii for the Wii as comparison too? if we're gonna try for the biggest e-peen, might as well include all peens.

jesus christ...i wouldnt be surprised if we start comparing the font used for each system next... "oooh Xbox is da uber leetzors mega machine, we cans looks prettiers next to our TVs" ... " noooo, yous are stupidz. PS3 has the best fontzzz. we ares silvers and greats. ROOOARRRRR!!!!!!"

sorry, but come on. discussions are cool, but system wars are lame.
the debate is on how home compares to the live service and why it's a live killer as many state. It really isn't an answer to live cause it doesn't do anything that live does. it's something completely different so it's not even in the same category as live let alone be an answer to it.

My whole argument is, how can home be a live killer when it has nothing to do with playing games online? Home in and of it's self is nothing more then a 3d world you walk around and do minor things. Last time i checked Live connects games to the net and allows multi player features. There is nothing that home does that live does. So it isn't even geared to do the same thing. So comparing live to home is pointless since they are completely two different things. It's like who is stronger, SSj4 Goku or spider man. YOU CAN'T COMPARE THE TWO.(yea i went there, i bought in DBZ)

and the Miis from the Wii is just a profile avatar instead of just having a name on the profile, it just gives you a picture instead. So if anything Home is more of an answer to the Miis then live if anything. Its basically an idea that Nintendo came up with and Sony refined it on a bigger level.
Edited by gex80 - 5/14/08 at 11:30pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 Intel DP45SG Visiontek HD 4870 2x2GB DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 Western Digital + 1TB Black Caviar WD Samsung Sata vista ultimate x64/Windows 7 Ultimate 64x Samsung T220 22 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dynex(Temp until G15) BFG 800 Watt Antec 900 Logitech G5 Gaming mouse 
Mouse Pad
Commando(none) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 Intel DP45SG Visiontek HD 4870 2x2GB DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 Western Digital + 1TB Black Caviar WD Samsung Sata vista ultimate x64/Windows 7 Ultimate 64x Samsung T220 22 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dynex(Temp until G15) BFG 800 Watt Antec 900 Logitech G5 Gaming mouse 
Mouse Pad
Commando(none) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by gex80 View Post
the debate is on how home compares to the live service and why it's a live killer as many state. It really isn't an answer to live cause it doesn't do anything that live does. it's something completely different so it's not even in the same category as live let alone be an answer to it.

My whole argument is, how can home be a live killer when it has nothing to do with playing games online? Home in and of it's self is nothing more then a 3d world you walk around and do minor things. Last time i checked Live connects games to the net and allows multi player features. There is nothing that home does that live does. So it isn't even geared to do the same thing. So comparing live to home is pointless since they are completely two different things. It's like who is stronger, SSj4 Goku or spider man. YOU CAN'T COMPARE THE TWO.(yea i went there, i bought in DBZ)

and the Miis from the Wii is just a profile avatar instead of just having a name on the profile, it just gives you a picture instead. So if anything Home is more of an answer to the Miis then live if anything. Its basically an idea that Nintendo came up with and Sony refined it on a bigger level.
yeah, i wasnt aiming my immature sarcasm at you anyway lol..coz you're one of the few that has some sense.

but yeah you're saying what im thinking, they shouldnt be compared, coz they are different. what i was meaning was, if you're gonna compare Home to XBL, you may as well compare Mii too.. why not? we're already making unnecessary comparisons.
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by gex80 View Post
the debate is on how home compares to the live service and why it's a live killer as many state. It really isn't an answer to live cause it doesn't do anything that live does. it's something completely different so it's not even in the same category as live let alone be an answer to it.

My whole argument is, how can home be a live killer when it has nothing to do with playing games online? Home in and of it's self is nothing more then a 3d world you walk around and do minor things. Last time i checked Live connects games to the net and allows multi player features. There is nothing that home does that live does. So it isn't even geared to do the same thing. So comparing live to home is pointless since they are completely two different things. It's like who is stronger, SSj4 Goku or spider man. YOU CAN'T COMPARE THE TWO.(yea i went there, i bought in DBZ)

and the Miis from the Wii is just a profile avatar instead of just having a name on the profile, it just gives you a picture instead. So if anything Home is more of an answer to the Miis then live if anything. Its basically an idea that Nintendo came up with and Sony refined it on a bigger level.
I don't think the two have NOTHING in common. I think they can definitely be compared. However, they are different. Calling Home an XBL killer is just stupid. I agree with that. Can people with a 360 install Home? No. Will Home, even if it's wildly popular, stop 360 owners from using XBL? No. Then how could Home possibly be called an "XBL killer?"

As for SSJ4 Goku vs Spiderman? Goku would eat his children in front of him. Come on... Krillin in SE01 could take Spiderman!
DankoniQuad
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.4GHz (425x8) 1.392 vCore Gigabyte EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX 280 Mushkin Redline 2x2GB DDR2-1000 @ 1063MHz 5-5-5-12 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD6400AAKS RAID0 + Samsung F3EG 2TB + 500GB Ext. Samsung SH-S203B Vista Ultimate 64-bit Acer B233HUbmidhz 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750W Antec Nine Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
DankoniQuad
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.4GHz (425x8) 1.392 vCore Gigabyte EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX 280 Mushkin Redline 2x2GB DDR2-1000 @ 1063MHz 5-5-5-12 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD6400AAKS RAID0 + Samsung F3EG 2TB + 500GB Ext. Samsung SH-S203B Vista Ultimate 64-bit Acer B233HUbmidhz 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750W Antec Nine Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [TGDaily] Sony's Playstation 3 Home delayed again