1) I hate Best Buy and GeekSquad -- buncha incompetent idiots.
2) Best Buy, as awful as it is, is not the only company who "browses" through the files on customer's serviced PC's. In my local area, about a year ago, a man took his computer into a local computer repair store. A few days later, the man was arrested because the technician found child porn. I don't know what's worse: pervs who like child porn, technicians who scan private files, or pervs who like child porn AND leave it on their drives for the world to see. The guy is in prison now and I am sure the words "browser cache" are ringing through his head.
3) Peeps that send their computers for service and don't either A) perform a secure wipe of their "sensitive folders" or B) don't encrypt said folders are complete idiots.
4) It's hard to get competent computer techs for jobs like GeekSquad because the good techs make more money elsewhere and would never do the job. Therefore, GeekSquad and outfits like it are reduced to hiring teenagers and college students who are barely competent, even on Windows.
5) Someone earlier in the thread said Best Buy needs to hire A+ certified techs. Well, A+ certification by itself means very little. Your average competent home computer user could pass the exams with only minimal study. Most certifications in the computer world don't equate to competency or expertise. Get people with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, THEN have them pass the certs (not just A+ but others) and then I might say you have a point. The problem is, as I said above, these people would never work for GeekSquad or anything like it.
6) The sticker on that Wii game says it all -- the big technology retail companies rely on Joe Sixpack's technical incompetence with his hardware and software. If someone is too stupid to "install" a Wii game, they deserve to be charged for it. But, it's not only BestBuy or Wii at fault, as other companies and entities take advantage of ignorance. Virus and Spyware detection companies, for instance, would be out of business if people were competent and knew how to use something other than Windows. Their business interests obviously rely on there always being "problems" with computers. They don't want an educated consumer.
7) If you must take your junky Windows box to BestBuy to have a "virus" removed or whatever, you deserve to be screwed over.