Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Core 2 E8400 VS Xeon E3110
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Core 2 E8400 VS Xeon E3110

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Hi!

I have seen on this two, and wonder if there are any difference?
Looks like they got the same specs..

Thanks
The up/downgrade
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel 6800K @ 4ghz 1.24v| |Asus ROG Strix X99| |Gainward GTX 1070 @ ~2ghz| |4x4gb Corsair XMS 3000mhz CL14| 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
|840 Pro 256gb| |OCZ Vertex 2 120gb| |WD Red 2tb| |Windows 10 Pro x64| |27" QNIX QX2710 @ 2560x1440 120hz| |Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB| 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
|EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2| |Corsair 750D| |Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB|  |JBL L890 speakers| 
AudioAudio
|Emotiva XDA-2 receiver| |2x Advanced Acoustic MAA-705 @ 200w 8ohm| 
  hide details  
Reply
The up/downgrade
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel 6800K @ 4ghz 1.24v| |Asus ROG Strix X99| |Gainward GTX 1070 @ ~2ghz| |4x4gb Corsair XMS 3000mhz CL14| 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
|840 Pro 256gb| |OCZ Vertex 2 120gb| |WD Red 2tb| |Windows 10 Pro x64| |27" QNIX QX2710 @ 2560x1440 120hz| |Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB| 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
|EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2| |Corsair 750D| |Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB|  |JBL L890 speakers| 
AudioAudio
|Emotiva XDA-2 receiver| |2x Advanced Acoustic MAA-705 @ 200w 8ohm| 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 22
I asked this like two weeks ago, basically the e3110 has better silicone and is a higher binned chip than the e8400.
post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans81 View Post
I asked this like two weeks ago, basically the e3110 has better silicone and is a higher binned chip than the e8400.
So the E3110 is bether? and do you know how it oc`s?
The up/downgrade
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel 6800K @ 4ghz 1.24v| |Asus ROG Strix X99| |Gainward GTX 1070 @ ~2ghz| |4x4gb Corsair XMS 3000mhz CL14| 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
|840 Pro 256gb| |OCZ Vertex 2 120gb| |WD Red 2tb| |Windows 10 Pro x64| |27" QNIX QX2710 @ 2560x1440 120hz| |Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB| 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
|EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2| |Corsair 750D| |Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB|  |JBL L890 speakers| 
AudioAudio
|Emotiva XDA-2 receiver| |2x Advanced Acoustic MAA-705 @ 200w 8ohm| 
  hide details  
Reply
The up/downgrade
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel 6800K @ 4ghz 1.24v| |Asus ROG Strix X99| |Gainward GTX 1070 @ ~2ghz| |4x4gb Corsair XMS 3000mhz CL14| 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
|840 Pro 256gb| |OCZ Vertex 2 120gb| |WD Red 2tb| |Windows 10 Pro x64| |27" QNIX QX2710 @ 2560x1440 120hz| |Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB| 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
|EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2| |Corsair 750D| |Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB|  |JBL L890 speakers| 
AudioAudio
|Emotiva XDA-2 receiver| |2x Advanced Acoustic MAA-705 @ 200w 8ohm| 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 22
i would think a lil better givin my Core 2 Quad Xeon clocks better than most quads on water..
im on air...
Busta Brown
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k GA-Z77X-UD3H XFX R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 2x 4GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x WD 320GB AAKS Raid 0 lol sad but stock... Vista Ultimate x64 Crap 32" 1080p LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg Keyboard 560w none.... no case means better airflow!! Saitek Cyborg Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Busta Brown
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k GA-Z77X-UD3H XFX R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 2x 4GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x WD 320GB AAKS Raid 0 lol sad but stock... Vista Ultimate x64 Crap 32" 1080p LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg Keyboard 560w none.... no case means better airflow!! Saitek Cyborg Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 22
Yes the e3110 should in theory be better, but Vid means a lot as well. Usually the xeon gets lower vid's, but like all cpu's there are bad xeons and great c2d, so its a crap shoot, but odds are in your favor that the e3110 will be better.
post #6 of 22
The xeon and the desktop versions are really the same thing for the most part.

The quads B3 were the exact same thign with same specs. The later G0 were the same with a slightly higher thermal limit for the xeon in there specs.

With the 8400 and 3110 the difference is in a added instruction or whatever its called for the xeon and its voltage limit is something like 1.265 where the 8400 is around 1.40 or something of that nature.

As for the silicon thing that hasnt been proven and is something that was theorized a long time ago and has now turned into fact by forums. Noone has any proof that it is any different then the desktop versions and noone will probably get any unless a intel person leaks the info.

So far from what I have scene the same batch code chips oc about the same. THe only reason to get the xeon over 8400 regardless of price is if you have a server your running it on in which case you could use the extra instruction (whatever it is lol)
xeon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 x58 ud5 9800gtx+ tridents 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
wd black x2 W7 64 acer 23 ocz 850hx 
Case
haf932 
  hide details  
Reply
xeon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 x58 ud5 9800gtx+ tridents 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
wd black x2 W7 64 acer 23 ocz 850hx 
Case
haf932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans81 View Post
Yes the e3110 should in theory be better, but Vid means a lot as well. Usually the xeon gets lower vid's, but like all cpu's there are bad xeons and great c2d, so its a crap shoot, but odds are in your favor that the e3110 will be better.
well.. I do not know what I should do..
My q6600 is @ rma...
And I want the best performance to about the price of a q6600/q6700/e8400/e8500..
Any suggestions?
The up/downgrade
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel 6800K @ 4ghz 1.24v| |Asus ROG Strix X99| |Gainward GTX 1070 @ ~2ghz| |4x4gb Corsair XMS 3000mhz CL14| 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
|840 Pro 256gb| |OCZ Vertex 2 120gb| |WD Red 2tb| |Windows 10 Pro x64| |27" QNIX QX2710 @ 2560x1440 120hz| |Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB| 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
|EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2| |Corsair 750D| |Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB|  |JBL L890 speakers| 
AudioAudio
|Emotiva XDA-2 receiver| |2x Advanced Acoustic MAA-705 @ 200w 8ohm| 
  hide details  
Reply
The up/downgrade
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel 6800K @ 4ghz 1.24v| |Asus ROG Strix X99| |Gainward GTX 1070 @ ~2ghz| |4x4gb Corsair XMS 3000mhz CL14| 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
|840 Pro 256gb| |OCZ Vertex 2 120gb| |WD Red 2tb| |Windows 10 Pro x64| |27" QNIX QX2710 @ 2560x1440 120hz| |Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB| 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
|EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2| |Corsair 750D| |Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB|  |JBL L890 speakers| 
AudioAudio
|Emotiva XDA-2 receiver| |2x Advanced Acoustic MAA-705 @ 200w 8ohm| 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX22 View Post
The xeon and the desktop versions are really the same thing for the most part.

The quads B3 were the exact same thign with same specs. The later G0 were the same with a slightly higher thermal limit for the xeon in there specs.

With the 8400 and 3110 the difference is in a added instruction or whatever its called for the xeon and its voltage limit is something like 1.265 where the 8400 is around 1.40 or something of that nature.

As for the silicon thing that hasnt been proven and is something that was theorized a long time ago and has now turned into fact by forums. Noone has any proof that it is any different then the desktop versions and noone will probably get any unless a intel person leaks the info.

So far from what I have scene the same batch code chips oc about the same. THe only reason to get the xeon over 8400 regardless of price is if you have a server your running it on in which case you could use the extra instruction (whatever it is lol)
hehe.. But will I have any problems ocing if i buy a xeon?
The up/downgrade
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel 6800K @ 4ghz 1.24v| |Asus ROG Strix X99| |Gainward GTX 1070 @ ~2ghz| |4x4gb Corsair XMS 3000mhz CL14| 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
|840 Pro 256gb| |OCZ Vertex 2 120gb| |WD Red 2tb| |Windows 10 Pro x64| |27" QNIX QX2710 @ 2560x1440 120hz| |Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB| 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
|EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2| |Corsair 750D| |Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB|  |JBL L890 speakers| 
AudioAudio
|Emotiva XDA-2 receiver| |2x Advanced Acoustic MAA-705 @ 200w 8ohm| 
  hide details  
Reply
The up/downgrade
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel 6800K @ 4ghz 1.24v| |Asus ROG Strix X99| |Gainward GTX 1070 @ ~2ghz| |4x4gb Corsair XMS 3000mhz CL14| 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
|840 Pro 256gb| |OCZ Vertex 2 120gb| |WD Red 2tb| |Windows 10 Pro x64| |27" QNIX QX2710 @ 2560x1440 120hz| |Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB| 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
|EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2| |Corsair 750D| |Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB|  |JBL L890 speakers| 
AudioAudio
|Emotiva XDA-2 receiver| |2x Advanced Acoustic MAA-705 @ 200w 8ohm| 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 22
Buy an e8400 if the price is cheapest, if its the same price buy the e3110. You won't be disappointed.
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by go4life View Post
hehe.. But will I have any problems ocing if i buy a xeon?
Nope.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Core 2 E8400 VS Xeon E3110