Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [/.]66% Apple Market Share of High-End PCs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[/.]66% Apple Market Share of High-End PCs - Page 6

post #51 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerc View Post
Please show me where the difference is. Since the only sub $1000 PC in the Macintosh line is the Mac Mini, and that Apple has a 66% market share in the $1000 and up segment, therefore not counting the Mac Mini, Macs have a 66% market share in the segment they compete. That is all inferred from the article, if you read it.

The only thing you are doing is arguing semantics about "high-end", while it may not be the best word for it, in the article they use the word "premium PC" instead, I see no problems with that. Would changing the article name to "66% Apple Market Share of Premium PCs" appease you better?

BTW the only article that used the "66% Apple Market Share of High-End PCs" is Slashdot. The Apple Watch and Fortune articles do not mention "high-end", they use "premium" instead. We all know that Slashdot is not best known for its journalism.
How can you not see the difference between "Mac has 66% marketshare of high-end PCs" and "Mac has 66% marketshare of PCs costing more than $1000"? Premium instead of high-end is no better.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 68
Why all the focus on the diction of the article's writer? The numbers are what is important, not the way Joe Wilcox chooses to segment the market
It goes to eleven
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6300 DS3 EVGA 8600GTS 2GB XMS2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1.294 TB Arch Linux/XP Samsung 226bw Eclipse II 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 520HX Lian-Li v1000B Plus G7 
  hide details  
Reply
It goes to eleven
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6300 DS3 EVGA 8600GTS 2GB XMS2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1.294 TB Arch Linux/XP Samsung 226bw Eclipse II 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 520HX Lian-Li v1000B Plus G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgnome229 View Post
Why all the focus on the diction of the article's writer? The numbers are what is important, not the way Joe Wilcox chooses to segment the market
You couldn't possibly be further from reality... In fact, what you say makes absolutely no sense because the numbers literally depend upon how the market is segmented!
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
You couldn't possibly be further from reality... In fact, what you say makes absolutely no sense because the numbers literally depend upon how the market is segmented!
I don't think you understand what I was saying. What I was saying is that there is no need to harp on the "high end" part because the author is the one defining $1000+ as high end. The numbers say that Apple has 66% market share on $1000+ comps. The author says that this means they have 66% market share on high end PC's. Half the posts in this thread are harping on that definition, which was the author's and not a part of the factual NPD numbers
It goes to eleven
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6300 DS3 EVGA 8600GTS 2GB XMS2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1.294 TB Arch Linux/XP Samsung 226bw Eclipse II 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 520HX Lian-Li v1000B Plus G7 
  hide details  
Reply
It goes to eleven
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6300 DS3 EVGA 8600GTS 2GB XMS2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1.294 TB Arch Linux/XP Samsung 226bw Eclipse II 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 520HX Lian-Li v1000B Plus G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgnome229 View Post
I don't think you understand what I was saying. What I was saying is that there is no need to harp on the "high end" part because the author is the one defining $1000+ as high end. The numbers say that Apple has 66% market share on $1000+ comps. The author says that this means they have 66% market share on high end PC's. Half the posts in this thread are harping on that definition, which was the author's and not a part of the factual NPD numbers
QFT. I don't understand why can't we just take the numbers as they are. Is really so bad a thing that Apple is doing well in the $1000 and up segment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
You couldn't possibly be further from reality... In fact, what you say makes absolutely no sense because the numbers literally depend upon how the market is segmented!
Why is it that the only thing you are doing is arguing about semantics? If the author's definition of high-end disagrees with you, so be it, take it up with the author, while we'll just look at the numbers and not the wording, numbers don't lie.
Edited by triggerc - 5/21/08 at 1:22pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerc View Post
QFT. I don't understand why can't we just take the numbers as they are. Is really so bad a thing that Apple is doing well in the $1000 and up segment?



Why is it that the only thing you are doing is arguing about semantics? If the author's definition of high-end disagrees with you, so be it, take it up with the author, while we'll just look at the numbers and not the wording, numbers don't lie.
If you are naive enough to think that wording and numbers have no correlation then you will be in for a rude awakening some day. Interpretation of results is key, and since slashdot was the cited article, it gets discussed, attacked, and defended. If you don't like it, then don't post here. Regardless of what the article cited by slashdot says, this thread is about the slashdot article.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
If you are naive enough to think that wording and numbers have no correlation then you will be in for a rude awakening some day. Interpretation of results is key, and since slashdot was the cited article, it gets discussed, attacked, and defended. If you don't like it, then don't post here. Regardless of what the article cited by slashdot says, this thread is about the slashdot article.
That's a ridiculous point of view. I'm on a tech site discussing tech, I'm not discussing articles that discuss tech

Just because all of your points relate to the article rather than the facts does not make that the focus of this thread
It goes to eleven
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6300 DS3 EVGA 8600GTS 2GB XMS2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1.294 TB Arch Linux/XP Samsung 226bw Eclipse II 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 520HX Lian-Li v1000B Plus G7 
  hide details  
Reply
It goes to eleven
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6300 DS3 EVGA 8600GTS 2GB XMS2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1.294 TB Arch Linux/XP Samsung 226bw Eclipse II 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 520HX Lian-Li v1000B Plus G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
If you are naive enough to think that wording and numbers have no correlation then you will be in for a rude awakening some day. Interpretation of results is key, and since slashdot was the cited article, it gets discussed, attacked, and defended. If you don't like it, then don't post here. Regardless of what the article cited by slashdot says, this thread is about the slashdot article.
That's right, all of our view points are naive and far from reality. And your view point is obviously the only correct one. You're right and we're wrong. Slashdot is wrong as well, so is NPD, despite the fact that Slashdot is the only one calling $1000 and up high-end. In fact, we should just have you dictate facts to us everyday, considering no one else has the right facts.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgnome229 View Post
That's a ridiculous point of view. I'm on a tech site discussing tech, I'm not discussing articles that discuss tech

Just because all of your points relate to the article rather than the facts does not make that the focus of this thread
Right, I'm the one with the ridiculous point of view. Shame on me for discussing the article! I don't know what I was thinking, because we all know forums are for reading the article posted and then taking it as fact.

The thread title and the article both use the terminology being discussed. That's what forums are for - somewhere along the lines you have forgotten that. And if you don't agree with defining $1000 PCs as being high-end without any thought as to their internal components, then why the hell are you still whining about it? I certainly am not complaining about the article cited by slashdot so you have no reason to get your panties in a bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerc View Post
That's right, all of our view points are naive and far from reality. And your view point is obviously the only correct one. You're right and we're wrong. Slashdot is wrong as well, so is NPD, despite the fact that Slashdot is the only one calling $1000 and up high-end. In fact, we should just have you dictate facts to us everyday, considering no one else has the right facts.
Typcial argument of someone at a loss for anything relevant to say. Twist words so you can have something to retort, I don't mind. Read what I said above, and if your panties are still in a bunch then you have other issues to deal with.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Right, I'm the one with the ridiculous point of view. Shame on me for discussing the article! I don't know what I was thinking, because we all know forums are for reading the article posted and then taking it as fact.

The thread title and the article both use the terminology being discussed. That's what forums are for - somewhere along the lines you have forgotten that. And if you don't agree with defining $1000 PCs as being high-end without any thought as to their internal components, then why the hell are you still whining about it? I certainly am not complaining about the article cited by slashdot so you have no reason to get your panties in a bunch.

Typcial argument of someone at a loss for anything relevant to say. Twist words so you can have something to retort, I don't mind. Read what I said above, and if your panties are still in a bunch then you have other issues to deal with.
Typical OCN closed-mindedness. If you can't see what the articles and numbers are actually trying to say, then you have bigger problems, check your reading comprehension please.

In fact I am at a loss for anything else to say, because I've already said all that needed to be said.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [/.]66% Apple Market Share of High-End PCs