Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [/.]66% Apple Market Share of High-End PCs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[/.]66% Apple Market Share of High-End PCs - Page 7

post #61 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerc View Post
Typical OCN closed-mindedness. If you can't see what the articles and numbers are actually trying to say, then you have bigger problems, check your reading comprehension please.

In fact I am at a loss for anything else to say, because I've already said all that needed to be said.
Look in the friggin' mirror, genius. I'm not the one who can't separate criticism of one article's stance to another's, and I'm not the one who can't understand that the way numbers are presented is just as important as the numbers themselves. If you want to believe your propaganda then go ahead. Less for me to have to deal with.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Look in the friggin' mirror, genius. I'm not the one who can't separate criticism of one article's stance to another's, and I'm not the one who can't understand that the way numbers are presented is just as important as the numbers themselves. If you want to believe your propaganda then go ahead. Less for me to have to deal with.
Right, propaganda. NPD statistics which are accepted by major financial publications like WSJ, Fortune, Business Week, The Economist, etc, is propaganda.

BTW it is a really classy thing to do to start attacking the poster, isn't it?
Edited by triggerc - 5/21/08 at 2:25pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerc View Post
Right, propaganda. NPD statistics which are excepted by major financial publications like WSJ, Fortune, Business Week, The Economist, etc, is propaganda.

BTW it is a really classy thing to do to start attacking the poster, isn't it?
Who the hell is attacking the poster? He's using the same title as his source, which is the way things should be posted on these forums. Whatever drugs you are on (and to be this oblivious to something as simple as what most people are objecting to here can only be explained by drugs) should be made illegal.

Also, I believe you mean "accepted?" Your completely unrelated statement makes no sense with "excepted."
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 68
how many PCs are sold that are under $1000? lots
how many Macs are sold that are under $1000? Wait, there are Macs under $1000?
Sager NP5165
(7 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOptical Drive
I7 2630QM Nvidia Geforce GT 555 Hitachi BLU-RAY 
MonitorMonitorMouse
1080p Matte 95% Color Gamut Yamakasi Precision 2703 LED IPS Microsoft Sidewinder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 170 DFI NF4 Ultra-D 8800GTS 4x1GB GSkill 500mhz HZs 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB + 120GB LiteOn LiteScribe DVD burner Windows 7 Home Prem. Samsung 220WM 22" + LG f-Engine 17" (dual screen) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Internet/Media Keyboard Ultra 600W AeroCool AeroEngine II. Rice for computers Logitech LX7 
Mouse Pad
Belkin with Gel Wrist Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Sager NP5165
(7 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOptical Drive
I7 2630QM Nvidia Geforce GT 555 Hitachi BLU-RAY 
MonitorMonitorMouse
1080p Matte 95% Color Gamut Yamakasi Precision 2703 LED IPS Microsoft Sidewinder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 170 DFI NF4 Ultra-D 8800GTS 4x1GB GSkill 500mhz HZs 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB + 120GB LiteOn LiteScribe DVD burner Windows 7 Home Prem. Samsung 220WM 22" + LG f-Engine 17" (dual screen) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Internet/Media Keyboard Ultra 600W AeroCool AeroEngine II. Rice for computers Logitech LX7 
Mouse Pad
Belkin with Gel Wrist Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Who the hell is attacking the poster? He's using the same title as his source, which is the way things should be posted on these forums. Whatever drugs you are on (and to be this oblivious to something as simple as what most people are objecting to here can only be explained by drugs) should be made illegal.

Also, I believe you mean "accepted?" Your completely unrelated statement makes no sense with "excepted."
I'm sorry that I made a mistake and typed excepted instead of accepted, I'll make sure I use the effect and affect properly, though. Did I say attacking the OP? No, I said attacking posters, posters that have opinions different from yours. Bolded section is a classic example. I'm not sure where you get off in belittling others, but suit yourself.

Now that we're clear, mind to address as to why you think NPD statistics are propaganda? I'd like to hear your reasoning.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerc View Post
I'm sorry that I made a mistake and typed excepted instead of accepted, I'll make sure I use the effect and affect properly, though. Did I say attacking the OP? No, I said attacking posters, posters that have opinions different from yours. Bolded section is a classic example. I'm not sure where you get off in belittling others, but suit yourself.

Now that we're clear, mind to address as to why you think NPD statistics are propaganda? I'd like to hear your reasoning.
Don't count yourself out on the insinuated insults there, Chief. It takes two to tango.

And the whole reason we are even still arguing about this is because your second paragraph has already been addressed 923847290347023894 times, but you continue to be oblivious to this fact. Instead, you either twist words so that you have something new and random to say or completely ignore what was said.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Don't count yourself out on the insinuated insults there, Chief. It takes two to tango.

And the whole reason we are even still arguing about this is because your second paragraph has already been addressed 923847290347023894 times, but you continue to be oblivious to this fact. Instead, you either twist words so that you have something new and random to say or completely ignore what was said.
Look who's talking, I do agree that it takes two to tango, but I had to defend my boxers, what do you expect me to do when you say I wear panties?

Fact? Fact by whom? You and others here that have never had experience in market studies that proclaim NPD statistics as false propaganda? OCN is a tech site, most people here don't understand marketing and market studies, so why should I take what is said here as fact, but not what came from an independent organization that specializes in market research?

Remind me where was I twisting words again?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Bloodrage GTX 285 3x2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160GB X25-M + 2x1TB Spinpoint DVD-RAM/DL + DVD-Multi Windows 7 x64 Dell 2007WFP + Westinghouse TX-42F430S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair HX620 Antec P182 Razer Mamba, VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
For starters, it's not necessarily a matter of hating Macs as much as it is hating the Mac fanboys and what they represent. Then you see some bogus news story like this and what do you expect to happen? Propoganda at its finest.

What kind of argument is that about the 65-year old? The same 65-year old who doesn't understand what spyware is probably doesn't have spyware as a consideration when shopping for a computer. In fact, that 65-year old is just about to retire (in the U.S. anyway, if he/she has not already done so), so they are on even more of a fixed budget. Hence, unless they still need to do heavy computing (which I imagine is pretty unlikely for that generation at present), they aren't going to buy the more expensive computer. Which brings me to my next point: people do buy the budget laptops you see on Dell.com - you may want to lay off the gross generalizations, especially when you have no way to substantiate your statement.
First off, I appreciate you intelligent and well thought reply. Here is my rebuttal.

I don't consider the mechanical engineering when I buy a car, I merely look for better quality. And a mac being immune to 99% of spyware is of higher utility to me. Also, the fact that the mac user spends less on repairs and upkeep maintenance is even more dollars saved.

Here is an interesting article maintaining that for your average user (no one on OCN), the man I am talking about, Johnny customer, it costs 5x as much to maintenance a PC than a Macintosh. Add that to the fact Mac product lifespan is longer than that of a PC, and it should be simple to see that for the idiot consumer, the Mac is the better long run value.

Your grandma will be checking e-mail for many years longer with her Mac than she will with her Dell. That's just a fact! The dell needs constant maintenance, spyware sweeps, the mac does not. Remember, the Dell defaults to internet exploder!!!
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
Reply
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [/.]66% Apple Market Share of High-End PCs