Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Case air circualtion causing high temps!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Case air circualtion causing high temps! - Page 2

post #11 of 17
Very weird. When you watercool, the air circulation in your case means nothing.
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
I think the prob is the GFX card... That thermalrite cooler is emmitting too much heat, and seems the case can't handle it with no bottom and rear fan!

The only hot parts in the system that are probably affecting the CPU are th mobo and GPU. The mobo is at 52o and the GPU 60+ idle 85 during gaming time. The good new is that the CPU temp doesn't rise even while gaming, so at least i know the CPU cooling is adequate

Literally the lower side fan which is pulling air out of the case from the gpu is BURNING. Its got to be over 60 and the top one a bit less hot!
Main
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
Main
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firann View Post
I think the prob is the GFX card... That thermalrite cooler is emmitting too much heat, and seems the case can't handle it with no bottom and rear fan!

The only hot parts in the system that are probably affecting the CPU are th mobo and GPU. The mobo is at 52o and the GPU 60+ idle 85 during gaming time. The good new is that the CPU temp doesn't rise even while gaming, so at least i know the CPU cooling is adequate

Literally the lower side fan which is pulling air out of the case from the gpu is BURNING. Its got to be over 60 and the top one a bit less hot!
Ahhh, I don't know how I missed you didn't have a rear fan. I just seen your pic as well. Is the reservoir blocking you from putting a rear fan in? Thats what it looks like to me at least?

I would consider getting on of those PCI slot exhaust fans and put it under the card. That would pull air through the sink and then exhaust it directly out of the case.

What kind/size fans do you have in the case? For the intake on the front and the rad and the exhausts on the side?

Edit: I think (personally) you need more intakes that are pulling cool air in. As it is you just have the front fan pushing cool air, the rad fans are just dumping hot air (form the rad) into the case, which doesnt help a hot GPU anyway. Could you maybe mount a fan on the outside of the rear I/O panel? It might be constricted by the res, but at least you'd have some extra cool air going in up to to be pulled down over the GPU by the side panel fans.
Edited by repo_man - 5/22/08 at 9:11am
Silentium
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX ASUS R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial m4 320GB WD Caviar Blue Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24' Asus Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750w Silentium - custom acrylic case 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT 7 In-Win Batmat 
  hide details  
Reply
Silentium
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX ASUS R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial m4 320GB WD Caviar Blue Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24' Asus Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750w Silentium - custom acrylic case 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT 7 In-Win Batmat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
Hmm i'll try mounting the fan on the outside. Yeah the reason i don't have the fan in the back is the reserve... I'm debating whether to get an XPS top for my pump and ditch that rad

As far as the configuration goes... I used to have the top fans pull air out and the side push air in... The problem was that i couldn't get the hot air out before it reached the CPU and although the GPU was at 50 idle instead of 60 the cpu was at 50 idle aswell now its around 43...

They are all Yate loons Medium speed 120mm exept the front which is the stock coolermaster blue ld although i have 3 more extra loons... I planned at first to put all 7 in but found i didnt have adequate space
Main
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
Main
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firann View Post
Hmm i'll try mounting the fan on the outside. Yeah the reason i don't have the fan in the back is the reserve... I'm debating whether to get an XPS top for my pump and ditch that rad

As far as the configuration goes... I used to have the top fans pull air out and the side push air in... The problem was that i couldn't get the hot air out before it reached the CPU and although the GPU was at 50 idle instead of 60 the cpu was at 50 idle aswell now its around 43...

They are all Yate loons Medium speed 120mm exept the front which is the stock coolermaster blue ld although i have 3 more extra loons... I planned at first to put all 7 in but found i didnt have adequate space
Perhaps you could put two more on the rad and have a push/pull setup on it?

Just try different setups. Just tossing your system around in my head today I thought of a few.
A. Rad fans pulling air out of case. Side panel fans push/pull - one pushing onto the GPU, other pulling out. Front intake.

B. Front fan/side fans intake. Rear fan (assuming you mount it) and rad fans exhaust.


Just something to try, I don't think you have much to loose,lol.
Silentium
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX ASUS R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial m4 320GB WD Caviar Blue Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24' Asus Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750w Silentium - custom acrylic case 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT 7 In-Win Batmat 
  hide details  
Reply
Silentium
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX ASUS R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial m4 320GB WD Caviar Blue Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24' Asus Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750w Silentium - custom acrylic case 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT 7 In-Win Batmat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 17
Uh, oh...
That case is without much any airflow through it... Then heat produced by power hungry CPU which is already outside case is pushed back into it.
And rather power hungry graphic card doesn't have HSF which would exhaust heat directly out. I bet HDs are running rather hot... (open side panel after keeping PC on and try them with finger)

For starters move that water reservoir to somewhere else from blocking major exhaust hole and put fan into that place and stop pushing heat back into case.
Also changing lower side fan to intake and turning PSU around might add some airflow into lower part
post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaT View Post
Uh, oh...
That case is without much any airflow through it... Then heat produced by power hungry CPU which is already outside case is pushed back into it.
And rather power hungry graphic card doesn't have HSF which would exhaust heat directly out. I bet HDs are running rather hot... (open side panel after keeping PC on and try them with finger)

For starters move that water reservoir to somewhere else from blocking major exhaust hole and put fan into that place and stop pushing heat back into case.
Also changing lower side fan to intake and turning PSU around might add some airflow into lower part
What do u mean by turning the PSU around? Have the bottom fan draw air from in the case out? Basicly use the PSU as an exhaust?

I did initially have the top rad fans pull air out and the 2 side fans push air in (the reverese what i have now) and although the GPU was a tad cooler the CPU was much hotter...

Ill try though mounting the PSU belly up see what it will do Update coming soon!
Main
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
Main
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Case air circualtion causing high temps!