Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › G.Skill 4g how to speed up?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

G.Skill 4g how to speed up? - Page 2

post #11 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havegooda View Post
I was running around 750mhz for 3-3-3-7

~Gooda~
@ wat voltage?
Ivy Bridge
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128Gb Raystorm Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries G6V2 600w ModXstealth  CM 690 II advance Nvidia Steelseries IKARI Lazer 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QcK Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy Bridge
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128Gb Raystorm Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries G6V2 600w ModXstealth  CM 690 II advance Nvidia Steelseries IKARI Lazer 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QcK Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 23
Anyone have any idea what I could do with these and what to set it at? I'm at a loss.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231098
I have 4x1GB running 800mhz 1/1 5-5-5-15 1.87v (rated 1.8-2.0) 400FSB
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwaters View Post
i bought this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231145
the timming is 5 5 5 15
what values do i need to change it to? to make it faster?
decreasing the values will decrease the 1000Mhz but i dont really need all that since im only using 666.6667Mhz
(i'll overclock later once i get a better fan.)
Here's a must read when using this memory LINK with many settings/user examples. From my experience, run's best 1000mhz @2.0v using the EPP settings.
Edited by gymenii - 5/22/08 at 4:59pm
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymenii View Post
Here's a must read when using this memory LINK with many settings/user examples. From my experience, run's best 1000mhz @2.0v using the EPP settings.
Thanks for the link, I'm going to read it.
I have the NQ not the PQ 1.8v though. 860mhz was the highest I've seen in my searching (so far)
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpo6969 View Post
Thanks for the link, I'm going to read it.
I have the NQ not the PQ 1.8v though. 860mhz was the highest I've seen in my searching (so far)
That was for the OP. but good read anyway.

Ya, I used to have this memory a while ago. Got them to 960mhz 5 5 5 15 at 2.1v.
Edited by gymenii - 5/22/08 at 5:03pm
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwaters View Post
@ wat voltage?
Stock, 2.1v

~Gooda~
Water Cooled Quad
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Engineering Sample MSI P5N Diamond XFX Radeon 4850 4x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB Boot - 2x 640GB Backup/Storage Lite-On DVD-R Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung 245BW (24") 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Ultra X3 850W RocketFish (Lian-Li) by Cyberdruid Microsoft Wireless 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
Water Cooled Quad
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Engineering Sample MSI P5N Diamond XFX Radeon 4850 4x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
640GB Boot - 2x 640GB Backup/Storage Lite-On DVD-R Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung 245BW (24") 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Ultra X3 850W RocketFish (Lian-Li) by Cyberdruid Microsoft Wireless 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havegooda View Post
You need to manually set to 1000 and 2.1v. I hear 2.0v works as well.

I was running around 750mhz for 3-3-3-7

~Gooda~
I've been running @ 2V all a long, I had problems under 2V crashing.
Up and RUNNING
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Go stepping EVGA 132 A1 780i EVGA RED 295 G-Skill 2X4 ddr2 1K 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD150-10K, 500G-16m both SATA Samsung 203N Vista,Office Ultamate 64 LG L227WTG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 PC Power & Cooling 1K Cool Master Cosmos 1000 G-9 
  hide details  
Reply
Up and RUNNING
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Go stepping EVGA 132 A1 780i EVGA RED 295 G-Skill 2X4 ddr2 1K 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD150-10K, 500G-16m both SATA Samsung 203N Vista,Office Ultamate 64 LG L227WTG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 PC Power & Cooling 1K Cool Master Cosmos 1000 G-9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havegooda View Post
You need to manually set to 1000 and 2.1v. I hear 2.0v works as well.

I was running around 750mhz for 3-3-3-7

~Gooda~
I've been running @ 2V all a long, I had problems under 2V crashing.
Up and RUNNING
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Go stepping EVGA 132 A1 780i EVGA RED 295 G-Skill 2X4 ddr2 1K 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD150-10K, 500G-16m both SATA Samsung 203N Vista,Office Ultamate 64 LG L227WTG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 PC Power & Cooling 1K Cool Master Cosmos 1000 G-9 
  hide details  
Reply
Up and RUNNING
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Go stepping EVGA 132 A1 780i EVGA RED 295 G-Skill 2X4 ddr2 1K 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD150-10K, 500G-16m both SATA Samsung 203N Vista,Office Ultamate 64 LG L227WTG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 PC Power & Cooling 1K Cool Master Cosmos 1000 G-9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 23
Thread Starter 
wat speed is it at when it was under 2v?

i guess 800 is fine for me right now.
Ivy Bridge
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128Gb Raystorm Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries G6V2 600w ModXstealth  CM 690 II advance Nvidia Steelseries IKARI Lazer 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QcK Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy Bridge
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128Gb Raystorm Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries G6V2 600w ModXstealth  CM 690 II advance Nvidia Steelseries IKARI Lazer 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QcK Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwaters View Post
wat speed is it at when it was under 2v?

i guess 800 is fine for me right now.
unlink them and set voltage to 2V
Up and RUNNING
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Go stepping EVGA 132 A1 780i EVGA RED 295 G-Skill 2X4 ddr2 1K 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD150-10K, 500G-16m both SATA Samsung 203N Vista,Office Ultamate 64 LG L227WTG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 PC Power & Cooling 1K Cool Master Cosmos 1000 G-9 
  hide details  
Reply
Up and RUNNING
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Go stepping EVGA 132 A1 780i EVGA RED 295 G-Skill 2X4 ddr2 1K 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD150-10K, 500G-16m both SATA Samsung 203N Vista,Office Ultamate 64 LG L227WTG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 PC Power & Cooling 1K Cool Master Cosmos 1000 G-9 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › G.Skill 4g how to speed up?