The gang over at Futuremark have been busy cranking out a hotfix for 3DMark Vantage and version (1.0.1) has been released for use. Futuremark has made a number of changes in the product editions to make running the benchmark better for everyone. Off-line score are now available in the Advanced edition, and ad banners have been totally removed. Error messages have been improved, and various bugs have been fixed. The best part of the hotfix is that the scores are NOT affected and will remain compatible with build 1.0.0 scores. A new full install for 3DMark Vantage Build 1.0.1 is also available for those that want to download 414MB
The hotfix fixes the following:
* An issue preventing valid serial key entry in some cases has been fixed.
* An issue causing "boost::filesystem::create_directory" error message after registration has been fixed.
* Added a check and error message for hardware that is not DX10 capable.
* Improved detection of supported resolutions so that CPU test minimum requirement (1280x1024) is now taken into account correctly.
* Fixed an issue where pressing the ESC key during CPU test loading screen, the user would be taken to a score view with score -1.
* The entire 3DMark Vantage application is now elevated to Administrator rights, rather than only the SystemInfo component. This will ensure more robust SystemInfo and benchmark functionality, and fixes the "pop-behind" elevation dialog.
* Fixed an issue that sometimes caused "WM_QUIT" error messages.
* Post-processing scale is now displayed correctly in the UI for the Extreme Preset.
* Fixed an issue that could cause resolution switches at test runtime.