Well, I had a chance to muck around a bit with this yesterday. I started in on joining the two sections of the case together.
First, I needed to make a new upright bracket for the second section. The 3 inch angle used here is already radiused as I recycled some botched earlier pieces that would work here:
Next, I needed to saw out the holes. My measurements are typically less than exact
, so I used a cardboard template to double check that everything was going to line up, and then dug in:
If you'll remember, I had a 2 inch O.D. 1/8 inch wall length of aluminum tubing laying around. I got it cut; and all I can say is, hand tools suck:
Ultimately it came out just like I had hoped:
A few close-ups:
I'm going to hold the two sections of case together with a sandwich effect using tapped out lengths of the 3/8 inch O.D. tubing inside the wiring tubes.
I haven't quite
sorted the final design of the backer plates that these will fasten to, but I did get a surprise day off of work today; so maybe I'll find some inspiration.
to be continued . . .Edited by Warfarin88 - 7/13/08 at 7:35am