Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Can't overclock my inno3d 8600GT card
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can't overclock my inno3d 8600GT card - Page 2

post #11 of 30
i would say remove al lthe drivers.. reinstall them.. then install rivatuner.. my card is oc'd through vista64 w/ rivatuner
Das Boot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 630 3.5ghz Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H nVidia 9600GT 512mb 4GB Patriot DDR3 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 320 GB Samsung DVD/RW Windows 10 Acer 19" WS 1440x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
USB Keyboard Antec Earthwatts 500 Watts Antec Sonata Logitech usb 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
Das Boot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 630 3.5ghz Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H nVidia 9600GT 512mb 4GB Patriot DDR3 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 320 GB Samsung DVD/RW Windows 10 Acer 19" WS 1440x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
USB Keyboard Antec Earthwatts 500 Watts Antec Sonata Logitech usb 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
No dude, you don't want to be using ATI Tool to set your overclock. Use the LATEST version of RivaTuner (google is your friend) to set your overclock, then use ATI Tool to scan for artifacts ONLY. Run the artifact scanner for AT LEAST 30 minutes (I usually do this for 2 hours), and then you're good to go .
I agree. The ATITool driver will not install in vista. Just use the artifact scanner. I prefer EVGA precision over Rivatuner now for overclocking .
post #13 of 30
Thread Starter 
Problem is that Rivatuner won't allow me to test any of the settings that I'm choosing either. Every time I go to change the settings I just apply because the test option is not available. I mean that there isn't even a button there that says test where it's supposed to be. I've downloaded the newbie guides and followed the info step by step and it still won't allow me to change anything.

It seems that Vista is just saying NO! to anyting that I want it to do...

I've deleted all drivers and reinstalled them twice now. Still no dice
post #14 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by neffage View Post
Problem is that Rivatuner won't allow me to test any of the settings that I'm choosing either. Every time I go to change the settings I just apply because the test option is not available. I mean that there isn't even a button there that says test where it's supposed to be. I've downloaded the newbie guides and followed the info step by step and it still won't allow me to change anything.

It seems that Vista is just saying NO! to anyting that I want it to do...

I've deleted all drivers and reinstalled them twice now. Still no dice
Attempt number three at trying to reccomend you use EVGA precision . The only button you need from ATITool is the 'Scan for Artifacts' button.
post #15 of 30
Thread Starter 
lol tried that one to cause my friend uses that program. The "test" feature doesn't highlight so I can actually test the settings that I do. I can try to make all the changes I want with any program out there but none of the programs actually allow me to "apply" the changes.

That's why I'm assuming that Vista is just saying no. It seems weird.
post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by neffage View Post
lol tried that one to cause my friend uses that program. The "test" feature doesn't highlight so I can actually test the settings that I do. I can try to make all the changes I want with any program out there but none of the programs actually allow me to "apply" the changes.

That's why I'm assuming that Vista is just saying no. It seems weird.
Its probably not a vista problem. Maybe HP have flashed the card to a locked BIOS. You don't need to test on Precision, just apply, but it seems the apply button doesn't work.
Edited by coffeejunky - 5/28/08 at 4:53am
post #17 of 30
Thread Starter 
Apply works. But when I do the whole screen goes all patchy with different colours, and everything freezes. When I restart it's all good but it's back at default settings. Rivatuner does the same thing. How do I flash the bios in my computer to allow it to be overclocked or I should really stay away from something like that.

I bought the card after I bought the computer so it never came with the HP.
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by neffage View Post
Apply works. But when I do the whole screen goes all patchy with different colours, and everything freezes. When I restart it's all good but it's back at default settings. Rivatuner does the same thing. How do I flash the bios in my computer to allow it to be overclocked or I should really stay away from something like that.

I bought the card after I bought the computer so it never came with the HP.
How far are you trying to overclock the card? You should only increase by 10-20mhz at a time. The screen going bad sounds like a failed overclock.
post #19 of 30
Yeah, it sounds to me like you're trying to overclock your card a wee bit too high .
  1. Use RivaTuner (or the eVGA tool that has been listed) to SET your overclock.
  2. Check that the overclock worked via GPUz (google is your friend)
  3. Use ATI Tools ARTIFACT SCANNER to check and make sure its stable.
  4. Make sure you're using the LATEST versions of all these programs.

Vista 64bit isn't the issue here, you just need to be a little more patient, and read some . Overclocking a GPU to stability does take time. It took me 2 straight days of tinkering (XP and Vista) to find my card's max stable overclock.
Junkyard
(18 items)
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2320 @ 3.1GHz MSI B75MA-E33 HIS HD7970 3GB @ 1050 / 1700, 1.17v Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD Green 2TB DVDRW Corsair H50 Push / Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT 120mm fans strapped to stock 7970 cooler Windows 10 Pro Dell 3007WFP Dell 2007FP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2007FP Cheap Toshiba (R.I.P. Ducky) PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKIII 950w Cheap Garbage (free) 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Yardsale Special 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
Junkyard
(18 items)
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2320 @ 3.1GHz MSI B75MA-E33 HIS HD7970 3GB @ 1050 / 1700, 1.17v Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD Green 2TB DVDRW Corsair H50 Push / Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT 120mm fans strapped to stock 7970 cooler Windows 10 Pro Dell 3007WFP Dell 2007FP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2007FP Cheap Toshiba (R.I.P. Ducky) PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKIII 950w Cheap Garbage (free) 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Yardsale Special 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 30
Thread Starter 
I've seen on forums that my card can go to 646/847 safely. So I tried to take it up to 640/840 and figured that that would be fine. Am I totally getting it wrong by setting it to that?
Or when I go and increase the speeds it's supposed to be in addition to my base clock so what I'm actually do is adding 640 to my base clock of 540Mhz
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Can't overclock my inno3d 8600GT card