Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [INQ] Intel faces massive EU censure - report
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[INQ] Intel faces massive EU censure - report - Page 3  

post #21 of 97
Wow, the things people will say to support their favorites. The merit of the product is moot. The lack of merit of the competitors product is moot. If they were doimng something illegal, it is illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi View Post
The EU forgets that the purpose of anti-monopoly laws is to protect the comsumer, not the competitor. I don't think the consumers are being hurt by Intel right now. This is why you do see legal action in the US.
Isn't protecting the competition good for the consumer in the long run?


Quote:
Originally Posted by trueg50 View Post
The discounts is extremely common, IBM, Dell, they all do it, that is why if you ask a college how many computers and of what type, they won't tell you.

The issue was mostly that AMD had no ability to deliver what the OEM's needed, and a few other issues related to AMD's size. Everyone knew that, AMD just saw an opportunity, and a weak court system.
Yes, but offering money for someone to NOT purchase a competitors product is not. I don't see how, if AMD has a valid case vs. Intel, it could have anything to do with AMD having supply and demand problems. If that was the case, where is the need for Intel to resort to these claims?
Edited by dralb - 5/28/08 at 10:00am
Current
(3 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i5 6600k MSI Z170-A Pro RX-480 
  hide details  
Current
(3 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i5 6600k MSI Z170-A Pro RX-480 
  hide details  
post #22 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKromm View Post
Exactly! C2D has no bearing on the prior accusations. The fact that in the A64 vs P4 era AMD was steadily gaining market share kind of debunks their claim that Intel's actions were anticompetitive... If anything their actions could be characterized as an attempt at making themselves competitive in the face of a superior product. What hindered AMD's growth during that era was their lack fab capacity and consequently the inability to provide the necessary volume of CPUs to large OEMs like DELL, HP, Lenovo ect. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the aforementioned companies used the threat of "going AMD" as a bargaining chip with Intel.

I hear "what they did was illegal" quite a lot, could someone please clarify?
steadily gaining? It took them 4 years to go up to like 24%. They still didnt OEM support of Dell through all of that, due to Intel's kickbacks and giving them free cpu's.. And like I said, in Japan Intel was found guilty of paying OEM's to not sell AMD based systems.

That is anti-competative practices, and illegal.
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
post #23 of 97
Now see,AMD saw this as a potential problem. That's why they have operations in Germany. Pay the EU it's protection money and they leave you alone.
post #24 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueg50 View Post
The EU has recently been lobbying and attempting to weaken large corporations for no real reason other than to attempt to give the little guys more market share, unfortunately they fail to realize that the little guys are little guys for a reason. AMD saw that the EU has been doing this, and out of desperation launched the case.

As for the political and lobbying, that is pure speculation, evidence please?
Evidence? You have got to be joking me. You are, right?!

I do hope so.

You want evidence, go to Google, do searches or corporate lobbying in the US. See what you end up with. No wonder that whole country is so deep in ***** when they breed ignorance. Get your head out of the gutter and look around you. There are corporate interests everywhere.

Here are some keywords for you to chew on, some leads for your corporate lobbying searches...

pharmaceutical lobbying universal healthcare
ethanol production agriculture lobbying
energy lobbying united states

I could probably post 100+ different combinations that will all result in thousands millions of records of lobbying by corporate interests. Only pure ignorance and utter stupidity can be blind enough to assume that you are actually living in a free-speech democratic system where everyone and anyone has an equal chance of succeeding. Maybe that "freedom" and "equality" are the reasons why you see so many "private retreats only for VIPs", gated communities, private security services, special services only available to the elite classes, etc. Better yet, as yourself why you can be bankrupted by a visit to a hospital for an emergency like a friend of mine has been after falling from the roof of his home during some repairs. Do you really not think that something in the system is not functioning quite correctly. Seriously, get your mind out of the gutter.

I'm not saying that this has anything to do with Intel, it is just that you chose to touch on a much bigger issue than any given petty lawsuit between corporations so I had no choice but to throw you a bone. After all you asked for it.

Oh and when you are done waking up, maybe you want to lay out a logical (not a fallacy please) argument to me why there should be no protection of smaller businesses and how you have come to the conclusion that "the little guys are little for a reason."
Edited by dejanh - 5/28/08 at 10:26am
Etch-a-Sketch
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 2x MSI R5850 OC 1.350V/1060/1260 in CrossFireX 64GB Corsair Dominator 1866MHz, 9-10-9-27-180-1T 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x Corsair Force 120GB GT SSD in RAID-0, 2x WD ... EK Supreme HF (EN), HW Labs BI GTX480, HW Labs ... Samsung S27A850 Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair Professional Series Gold CMPSU-1200AX Antec 1200 Gamer Case, Custom Full-window Side ... Logitech G9 Laser Mouse Auzentech X-Fi Forte 
Other
Bigfoot Networks Killer Xeno Pro 
  hide details  
Etch-a-Sketch
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 2x MSI R5850 OC 1.350V/1060/1260 in CrossFireX 64GB Corsair Dominator 1866MHz, 9-10-9-27-180-1T 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x Corsair Force 120GB GT SSD in RAID-0, 2x WD ... EK Supreme HF (EN), HW Labs BI GTX480, HW Labs ... Samsung S27A850 Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair Professional Series Gold CMPSU-1200AX Antec 1200 Gamer Case, Custom Full-window Side ... Logitech G9 Laser Mouse Auzentech X-Fi Forte 
Other
Bigfoot Networks Killer Xeno Pro 
  hide details  
post #25 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredy View Post
Sirs, we must sanction Intel instead of Petrolium companies.
That is the only logical thing to do in a time of crisis.

You sir, are the winner of one free series of tubes.
post #26 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
Evidence? You have got to be joking me. You are, right?!

I do hope so.

You want evidence, go to Google, do searches or corporate lobbying in the US. See what you end up with. No wonder that whole country is so deep in ***** when they breed ignorance. Get your head out of the gutter and look around you. There are corporate interests everywhere.
Thought so.

It is always so funny when folks from other countries comment on places they have never lived in.

Do you have any idea how our system even runs over here? Corporations don't post people to positions, people are elected big difference.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D T7100 1.8 ghz (undervolted) ummm... Dell Intel X3100 2 x 1gb 667mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Fujitsu 7200 RPM 120gb CD-RW/DVD dual boot Vista business 1440x900 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D T7100 1.8 ghz (undervolted) ummm... Dell Intel X3100 2 x 1gb 667mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Fujitsu 7200 RPM 120gb CD-RW/DVD dual boot Vista business 1440x900 
  hide details  
post #27 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueg50 View Post
Thought so.

It is always so funny when folks from other countries comment on places they have never lived in.

Do you have any idea how our system even runs over here? Corporations don't post people to positions, people are elected big difference.

um, wow. I appreciate the faith you have in our system, but open your eyes man. Money rules all plain and simple. For you to think that our political system is motivated by anthing else is naive to say the least. Take a look at where our politicians get their money for campaining. (and thats only the stuff on the surface) Not to mention the perks once elected. Do you think they get that for being the best all around person for the job? LOL
Edited by dralb - 5/28/08 at 10:22am
Current
(3 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i5 6600k MSI Z170-A Pro RX-480 
  hide details  
Current
(3 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i5 6600k MSI Z170-A Pro RX-480 
  hide details  
post #28 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralb View Post
um, wow. I appreciate the faith you have in our system, but open your eyes man. Money rules all plain and simple. For you to think that our political system is motivated by anthing else is naive to say the least. Take a look at where our politicians get there money for campaining. (and thats only the stuff on the surface)Do you think they get that for being the best all around person for the job? LOL
No, however probably at least 80% of the folks that are in Congress and the Senate are not doing it because they are in the pockets of corporations, and most certainly not in Intel's pockets.

While our presidents have historically come from rich, oil (coal before that) states, however none are really in the pockets of companies in such a way as to skew business's.

Over here our leaders have done an extremely good job balancing business freedom and fairness to the consumer. The EU just seems to be trying skewing things too far "in favor" of the consumer.

I do believe folks are a bit too paranoid that the country is run by big bad scary corporations, but in reality, they have some influence, just not that much.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D T7100 1.8 ghz (undervolted) ummm... Dell Intel X3100 2 x 1gb 667mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Fujitsu 7200 RPM 120gb CD-RW/DVD dual boot Vista business 1440x900 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D T7100 1.8 ghz (undervolted) ummm... Dell Intel X3100 2 x 1gb 667mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Fujitsu 7200 RPM 120gb CD-RW/DVD dual boot Vista business 1440x900 
  hide details  
post #29 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueg50 View Post
No, however probably at least 80% of the folks that are in Congress and the Senate are not doing it because they are in the pockets of corporations, and most certainly not in Intel's pockets.

While our presidents have historically come from rich, oil (coal before that) states, however none are really in the pockets of companies in such a way as to skew business's.

Over here our leaders have done an extremely good job balancing business freedom and fairness to the consumer. The EU just seems to be trying skewing things too far "in favor" of the consumer.

Just like health care and oil. Great job with those in regards to the consumer.



edit: Sorry, this is going OT and into taboo land. I just think that it is sad that private interests play such a large part in the gov't. (whether you think they do or not) I have to believe that there are motivating factors on both sides, neither of which has whats best for the consumer in mind. Luckily, there are lobbyists on both sides "balancing" themselves out. As long as there has been a gov't, there has been lobbyists feeding money into it for their own peronal gain.
Edited by dralb - 5/28/08 at 10:35am
Current
(3 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i5 6600k MSI Z170-A Pro RX-480 
  hide details  
Current
(3 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i5 6600k MSI Z170-A Pro RX-480 
  hide details  
post #30 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralb View Post
um, wow. I appreciate the faith you have in our system, but open your eyes man. Money rules all plain and simple. For you to think that our political system is motivated by anthing else is naive to say the least. Take a look at where our politicians get their money for campaining. (and thats only the stuff on the surface) Not to mention the perks once elected. Do you think they get that for being the best all around person for the job? LOL
QFT, big time!

Quote:
Thought so.

It is always so funny when folks from other countries comment on places they have never lived in.

Do you have any idea how our system even runs over here? Corporations don't post people to positions, people are elected big difference
It is funny that you would assume I do not live here and know nothing about your system. Can you say CA-NA-DA? As a matter of a fact, I have lived so far in three systems, a communist one, a socialist-capitalist one, and currently in the purely capitalist one.

Here are some more things for you to think about...

Tell me the last time when you have had more than two parties viable for election? I bet you will say that you have never seen this.
Tell me the clear difference between the democratic and the republican party in terms of what they actually do for the general population? I'll bet you will not know.
Tell me when the United States has last had an independent candidate rise to a significant political position, stay there, and actually make a difference? I bet you cannot think of such a situation.

Again, I could go on, but I will leave you with this for now.

Quote:
I do believe folks are a bit too paranoid that the country is run by big bad scary corporations, but in reality, they have some influence, just not that much.
Sure, agreed, there is some unjustified paranoia. But remember, the truth will always lie somewhere in between the conspiracy theorists and Utopian equality of market opportunities. Surely there is evidence that will refute corporate influence on political direction, but you will find multiple times that evidence showing corporate influence over political direction.
Edited by dejanh - 5/28/08 at 10:37am
Etch-a-Sketch
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 2x MSI R5850 OC 1.350V/1060/1260 in CrossFireX 64GB Corsair Dominator 1866MHz, 9-10-9-27-180-1T 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x Corsair Force 120GB GT SSD in RAID-0, 2x WD ... EK Supreme HF (EN), HW Labs BI GTX480, HW Labs ... Samsung S27A850 Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair Professional Series Gold CMPSU-1200AX Antec 1200 Gamer Case, Custom Full-window Side ... Logitech G9 Laser Mouse Auzentech X-Fi Forte 
Other
Bigfoot Networks Killer Xeno Pro 
  hide details  
Etch-a-Sketch
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 2x MSI R5850 OC 1.350V/1060/1260 in CrossFireX 64GB Corsair Dominator 1866MHz, 9-10-9-27-180-1T 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x Corsair Force 120GB GT SSD in RAID-0, 2x WD ... EK Supreme HF (EN), HW Labs BI GTX480, HW Labs ... Samsung S27A850 Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair Professional Series Gold CMPSU-1200AX Antec 1200 Gamer Case, Custom Full-window Side ... Logitech G9 Laser Mouse Auzentech X-Fi Forte 
Other
Bigfoot Networks Killer Xeno Pro 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [INQ] Intel faces massive EU censure - report