Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Overclock help/suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclock help/suggestions - Page 2

post #11 of 24
Thread Starter 
Thanks, Trying to learn as much as I can about it.

My temps seem pretty good so far.

In a warm room it idles about 36C and 58c under load. (Even during the winter it will not be this warm in the room)
Once my AC is going the idles are 33-34c and 55c under load.

I agree. I'll leave the volts be for the moment and see if it continues to run stable then maybe lower it a little. Is that normal though for the voltage to go from 1.30 during load and back up when Idle?

Thanks again.

I appreciate everyones help and advice.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 3ghz @ 1.30 MSI P6N 650i SLI Platinum 8800 GT 512 (G92) CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (6400) 
OSMonitorCase
Win XP SP2 (32bit) HP LP3065 (2560x1600) Cooler Master Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 3ghz @ 1.30 MSI P6N 650i SLI Platinum 8800 GT 512 (G92) CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (6400) 
OSMonitorCase
Win XP SP2 (32bit) HP LP3065 (2560x1600) Cooler Master Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEPO View Post
Thanks, Trying to learn as much as I can about it.

My temps seem pretty good so far.

In a warm room it idles about 36C and 58c under load. (Even during the winter it will not be this warm in the room)
Once my AC is going the idles are 33-34c and 55c under load.

I agree. I'll leave the volts be for the moment and see if it continues to run stable then maybe lower it a little. Is that normal though for the voltage to go from 1.30 during load and back up when Idle?

Thanks again.

I appreciate everyones help and advice.
You´re welcome, I´m glad that I could help.

That´s normal to droop voltage during load, so if it´s stable leave it that.
The Blue Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-2600K cooled by Heatkiller Rev 3.0 LT ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe EVGA GTX 580 SC in SLI cooled by Koolance VID-N... 2x4GB G Skill RipjawsX 1600C8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel SSD 510 120GB / 250GB + WD Black Caviar 1TB Samsung DVD Win 7 64-bit Samsung 2443BW @ 1920x1200 
PowerCase
Corsair HX850 Lian Li PC-343B 
  hide details  
Reply
The Blue Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-2600K cooled by Heatkiller Rev 3.0 LT ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe EVGA GTX 580 SC in SLI cooled by Koolance VID-N... 2x4GB G Skill RipjawsX 1600C8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel SSD 510 120GB / 250GB + WD Black Caviar 1TB Samsung DVD Win 7 64-bit Samsung 2443BW @ 1920x1200 
PowerCase
Corsair HX850 Lian Li PC-343B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 24
Thread Starter 
I'm not too concerned with heat because I feel my case is well equipped enough to kept the components cooled properly but I always like to check with people who have been doing this for a long time. Knowledge is power after all

This is the case I have at the moment:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119068

120mm exhaust in the rear and an 80mm front intake it also *had* a side air duct which I removed and replaced with another 80mm intake as well. Motherboard came with a NB fan which i have attached too.

Seems to work pretty well but I like opinions all the same.


On a side note. I have another rig that I'll be OCing as well once the current one I'm working on is stable for a while.

It's exactly the same with the exception of the motherboard. That motherboard is an MSI P6N 680i Diamond SLI.

Both have an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 but on the 680i board it doesn't allow room for both the CPU hsf and the NB fan. Will I run into any heat issues without that NB fan? Currently thinking no because I'm not going for an extreme OC on either machine.

Thanks again.
Edited by BEEPO - 5/29/08 at 7:48am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 3ghz @ 1.30 MSI P6N 650i SLI Platinum 8800 GT 512 (G92) CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (6400) 
OSMonitorCase
Win XP SP2 (32bit) HP LP3065 (2560x1600) Cooler Master Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 3ghz @ 1.30 MSI P6N 650i SLI Platinum 8800 GT 512 (G92) CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (6400) 
OSMonitorCase
Win XP SP2 (32bit) HP LP3065 (2560x1600) Cooler Master Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEPO View Post
I'm not too concerned with heat because I feel my case is well equipped enough to kept the components cooled properly but I always like to check with people who have been doing this for a long time. Knowledge is power after all

This is the case I have at the moment:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119068

120mm exhaust in the rear and an 80mm front intake it also *had* a side air duct which I removed and replaced with another 80mm intake as well. Motherboard came with a NB fan which i have attached too.

Seems to work pretty well but I like opinions all the same.


On a side note. I have another rig that I'll be OCing as well once the current one I'm working on is stable for a while.

It's exactly the same with the exception of the motherboard. That motherboard is an MSI P6N Diamond SLI.

Both have an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 but on the 680i board it doesn't allow room for both the CPU hsf and the NB fan. Will I run into any heat issues without that NB fan? Currently thinking no because I'm not going for an extreme OC on either machine.

Thanks again.
Thats a nice case, it should keep the Processor fairly cool. I the northbridge fan there from stock. Because if it is I would leave it there, or is it something you have added.

BTW nice overclock on the q6600. You may want to push the overclock a little further once you feel more confidant. Just make sure you keep load temps at or below 65*C.
post #15 of 24
Thread Starter 
The NB fans for both motherboards came packaged in. Only difference was one was in a bag ready to be put on the NB and one was already on the NB (680i)

I've left the one on the 650i in place but had to remove the one from the 680i because it wouldn't allow the heatsink/fan to mount properly. I could dremel the NB fan a bit and see if that'll help any.

I've read that many people using a ziptie to secure NB fans in place I've also seem this product by Antec: http://www.antec.com/uk/productDetails.php?ProdID=75018
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 3ghz @ 1.30 MSI P6N 650i SLI Platinum 8800 GT 512 (G92) CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (6400) 
OSMonitorCase
Win XP SP2 (32bit) HP LP3065 (2560x1600) Cooler Master Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 3ghz @ 1.30 MSI P6N 650i SLI Platinum 8800 GT 512 (G92) CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (6400) 
OSMonitorCase
Win XP SP2 (32bit) HP LP3065 (2560x1600) Cooler Master Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEPO View Post
The NB fans for both motherboards came packaged in. Only difference was one was in a bag ready to be put on the NB and one was already on the NB (680i)

I've left the one on the 650i in place but had to remove the one from the 680i because it wouldn't allow the heatsink/fan to mount properly. I could dremel the NB fan a bit and see if that'll help any.

I've read that many people using a ziptie to secure NB fans in place I've also seem this product by Antec: http://www.antec.com/uk/productDetails.php?ProdID=75018
If you do a mild overclock you will probably be fine without a northbridge fan, if it is optional.
post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
Thanks,

Yeah they both read as optional fans in the manual and I'd say 3ghz is a mild OC at best.

Either way I have a ton of zipties and a dremel on hand in case I'm feeling daring lol
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 3ghz @ 1.30 MSI P6N 650i SLI Platinum 8800 GT 512 (G92) CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (6400) 
OSMonitorCase
Win XP SP2 (32bit) HP LP3065 (2560x1600) Cooler Master Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 3ghz @ 1.30 MSI P6N 650i SLI Platinum 8800 GT 512 (G92) CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (6400) 
OSMonitorCase
Win XP SP2 (32bit) HP LP3065 (2560x1600) Cooler Master Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 24
op up your nb volts to 1.35, this will give you head room .the max my artic 7 could do on a b3 was 3.4ghz.

5-5-5-16 corsair? is it stock timeings , 1.9 v. up it to 2.0 -2.1 (you need head room theres no need to run on lowist stable volt)

58 deg load is hot for a artic @ 3.0ghz stock volts.what did you set your g0 to for stock?
my pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9300 asus p5E 8800gtx 4x1gig giel ultra 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x160gb wd raid 0/1xwd 250gb vista premiume 32 bit retail lg flatron 1680x1050 20inch saitek 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
500 antec earth watts 830stacker rc silver logitech g3 cooler master 
  hide details  
Reply
my pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9300 asus p5E 8800gtx 4x1gig giel ultra 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x160gb wd raid 0/1xwd 250gb vista premiume 32 bit retail lg flatron 1680x1050 20inch saitek 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
500 antec earth watts 830stacker rc silver logitech g3 cooler master 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 24
dont know how you are haveing trouble @ 3.0ghz

you should be able to under volt it aswell. try more nb and up ram v.
my pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9300 asus p5E 8800gtx 4x1gig giel ultra 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x160gb wd raid 0/1xwd 250gb vista premiume 32 bit retail lg flatron 1680x1050 20inch saitek 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
500 antec earth watts 830stacker rc silver logitech g3 cooler master 
  hide details  
Reply
my pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9300 asus p5E 8800gtx 4x1gig giel ultra 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x160gb wd raid 0/1xwd 250gb vista premiume 32 bit retail lg flatron 1680x1050 20inch saitek 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
500 antec earth watts 830stacker rc silver logitech g3 cooler master 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yobbo89 View Post
op up your nb volts to 1.35, this will give you head room .the max my artic 7 could do on a b3 was 3.4ghz.

5-5-5-16 corsair? is it stock timeings , 1.9 v. up it to 2.0 -2.1 (you need head room theres no need to run on lowist stable volt)

58 deg load is hot for a artic @ 3.0ghz stock volts.what did you set your g0 to for stock?

I Appreciate the advice.

NB volts have already be upped to 1.35.

Current mem timings are 5-5-5-15. 1.9v (Do I need to go higher if I have no plans on going past 3.ghz?)

58c load is in a really warm/hot room. A (Just got home from work and the air conditioner hasn't been turned on yet kinda hot) about 75-80F. I did that on purpose to see what load temps would be and they went to 58c

Normally my place is cool all year round. with my AC going my load temps are 54-55c.

Thanks again
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 3ghz @ 1.30 MSI P6N 650i SLI Platinum 8800 GT 512 (G92) CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (6400) 
OSMonitorCase
Win XP SP2 (32bit) HP LP3065 (2560x1600) Cooler Master Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 3ghz @ 1.30 MSI P6N 650i SLI Platinum 8800 GT 512 (G92) CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (6400) 
OSMonitorCase
Win XP SP2 (32bit) HP LP3065 (2560x1600) Cooler Master Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Overclock help/suggestions