I was told I needed to braise it...I don't have the gear for that. I could have soldered it but that would be a waste of time because it has that aluminum base on it. I'm sure you know what happens when you mix copper and aluminum with water...I cant seem to find a scrap of copper stock to remake the base. It was an okay design just didn't know about the whole copper/aluminum thing when I started this project. Its all good though I ended up with a bong chilling water loop anyway, just got a nice D-tek fuzion2 for a block because I was getting a bunch of new PC parts.(didn't want to water my new parts with a leaky block that I made while drunk) The funny thing is I think I could have just used a rubber gasket and drill 2 more holes in the cap and base to put bolt's through...then I could tighten the cap down onto the gasket and make a much better seal. however that still leads me to the copper/aluminum problem...it got to be more then a fun project to whip out using nothing but a Noob thought and some ghetto tools and parts.
hey it worked for about 20 mins before springing a leak not more then a few inches from my open pc case. talk about Noob...why not try leak testing 5' from your open rig. this is the type of thing you don't think about when its your first time. There should be a disclaimer on all homemade water blocks...WARNING leak test in a different country before you try it in your room with your open PC. I swear it was trying to aim at my computer!