Additional details and highlights from the first quarter of calendar year 2008 include:
• In the worldwide blade server market, HP extended its No. 1 position, growing its total blade revenue by 111.7 percent and units shipped by 60.7 percent year over year. HPâ€™s blade revenue share is nearly double that of its closest competitor.
• Growing significantly faster than the x86 server market overall in revenue, HP saw increased success with its ProLiant family of servers, with x86 revenue increasing 13.5 percent year over year. HP led the x86 server market with 35.3 percent revenue share and 30.9 percent shipment share.
• HP maintained its No. 1 position in combined Windows, Linux and UNIX server unit shipments and vendor revenue, with 30.2 percent and 32.9 percent share, respectively.
• HP grew Linux server vendor revenue by 18.1 percent and unit shipments by 9.6 percent year over year to remain the No. 1 Linux server vendor worldwide.
• With increased demand for HP Integrity and HP Integrity NonStop servers in the first quarter, HP grew Itanium processor-based server revenue by 24.4 percent year over year.
• HP maintained its No. 1 position in both revenue and vendor units shipped in the highly competitive x86-64 processor-based server market segment. HP shipped 2.3 times and 18.4 times more servers than its closest competitors, leading in both Intel and AMD x86-64-based servers.
More information about HP servers is available at www.hp.com/go/servers.
HP focuses on simplifying technology experiences for all of its customers â€“ from individual consumers to the largest businesses. With a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP is among the worldâ€™s largest IT companies, with revenue totaling $110.4 billion for the four fiscal quarters ended April 30, 2008. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.
About HP Middle East
HP is the largest technology and solutions provider in the Middle East with 1100 employees and subsidiaries in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Cairo, Ramallah, Qatar, Oman and 2 service Joint Ventures in Kuwait and Bahrain servicing the GCC, Egypt and the Levant. HP has been present in the Middle East since 1968 and opened its first regional office in 1994. HP Middle East is the market leader for enterprise, small and medium business and consumer technology products and offers a large portfolio of solutions and services in various business domains.